Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions & Reviews

87 interviews

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntersville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Initial phone interview with HR then a Second phone interview with person who was leaving the position (department relocation). Third interview in house with HR lead and then department manager.

On the phone

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2012.

Newell Rubbermaid has a common process and were very accommodating to me while we were interviewing. There were phone interviews with the program leader and HR before you get the invite for the final round interview in Atlanta, which is with a group of the other candidates. There was a short group presentation that we put together on the spot to show the panel how we worked together and could process material. Then there were three one on one interviews throughout the afternoon. Everyone was very pleasant and nothing was out of the ordinary or too crazy.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in March 2012.

I initially submitted my resume through my college's career website. I also met with some recruiters at our fall career fair who flagged my resume for consideration. I was selected for an interview, attended a presentation. My interview consisted of talking to two people who worked in an nearby office for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would go about selling Christmas trees, from start to finish.   Answer Question

Assistant Channel Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Applied online. Spoke with the HR manager on the phone. The was called by the hiring manager the next day. I was invited to the office where I interviewed with 4 people. I had lunch with the HR manager and then we did a short interview before leaving.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. Just a long day and lots of people to speak with.   Answer Question
    Called with an offer and emailed the terms

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

The interview process was very quick and straight forward. I had an interview with the hiring manager, followed by a series in-person interviews with cross-functional team members, including marketing, HR, design, and engineering.

Supply Chain Interview

The interview process consisted of two inital interviews and a final interview at the headquaters. this was a 3 part interview, 2 one-on-one interviews and a "technical" portion where we analyzed a product to determine how we could improve the quality, functionality, and reduce costs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2013.

Talent acquisition staff are completely clueless about the role and responsibilities. They were not quick to get back to me for next steps. However, the worse part was when I actually interviewed with the Internal Audit staff. First the IT Director, just making non-sense questions asking where I was from, if I was planning to apply for citizenship, etc. I felt ver uncomfortable. Another person who interviewed me I could barely understood his questions, he spoke a very broken English which made me think how this person be employed and even more being a manager in this company. I see myself interacting on a daily basis with this kind of people and I just wanted to walk away.

Interview Questions

I noticed a lack of professionalism and diligence from the people who interviewed me e.g. Too many personal questions, lack of speaking skills, that I would not wanted to be related with employees like that in my next job.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Longmeadow, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmeadow, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Applied online. One phone interview and one in person interview with two managers

Interview Questions
    • All questions were normal interview. Combo of "think of a time" and resume talk   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2012.

The interview process was long which consisted of applying online with a follow up offer for a phone interview or multiple one on one interview. After reviewing the students' resumes and interview, a handful of candidates with be given an offer to interview on site. The on-site interview will take 2 days and will consist of multiple 30 minute interviews by people who work in the field associated with the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a creative and unique project that you have taken on that no one else has completed at your school.   Answer Question

SAP EBusiness Project Coordinator Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2013.

The first phone interview was with the campus recruiter who knew little about the position but asked basic questions about my resume and experience to screen me for the next round of interviews. The second phone interview was with someone in the eBusiness department. He asked various project management questions about the phases and deliverables in the project management process as well as a few questions about my resume. 2 weeks later I received an email template notifying me that they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Describe each phase in the project management process.   Answer Question