Newell Rubbermaid

83 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Channel Manager Interview

Assistant Channel Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – Applied online. Spoke with the HR manager on the phone. The was called by the hiring manager the next day. I was invited to the office where I interviewed with 4 people. I had lunch with the HR manager and then we did a short interview before leaving.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult. Just a long day and lots of people to speak with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Called with an offer and emailed the terms

Designer Interview

Designer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – The interview process was very quick and straight forward. I had an interview with the hiring manager, followed by a series in-person interviews with cross-functional team members, including marketing, HR, design, and engineering.

Interview Question – What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain

Interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of two inital interviews and a final interview at the headquaters. this was a 3 part interview, 2 one-on-one interviews and a "technical" portion where we analyzed a product to determine how we could improve the quality, functionality, and reduce costs.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2013.

Interview Details – Talent acquisition staff are completely clueless about the role and responsibilities. They were not quick to get back to me for next steps. However, the worse part was when I actually interviewed with the Internal Audit staff. First the IT Director, just making non-sense questions asking where I was from, if I was planning to apply for citizenship, etc. I felt ver uncomfortable. Another person who interviewed me I could barely understood his questions, he spoke a very broken English which made me think how this person be employed and even more being a manager in this company. I see myself interacting on a daily basis with this kind of people and I just wanted to walk away.

Interview Question – A lot of personal questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I noticed a lack of professionalism and diligence from the people who interviewed me e.g. Too many personal questions, lack of speaking skills, that I would not wanted to be related with employees like that in my next job.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Longmeadow, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – Applied online. One phone interview and one in person interview with two managers

Interview Question – All questions were normal interview. Combo of "think of a time" and resume talk   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was long which consisted of applying online with a follow up offer for a phone interview or multiple one on one interview. After reviewing the students' resumes and interview, a handful of candidates with be given an offer to interview on site. The on-site interview will take 2 days and will consist of multiple 30 minute interviews by people who work in the field associated with the internship.

Interview Question – Describe a creative and unique project that you have taken on that no one else has completed at your school.   Answer Question

SAP EBusiness Project Coordinator Intern Interview

SAP EBusiness Project Coordinator Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2013.

Interview Details – The first phone interview was with the campus recruiter who knew little about the position but asked basic questions about my resume and experience to screen me for the next round of interviews. The second phone interview was with someone in the eBusiness department. He asked various project management questions about the phases and deliverables in the project management process as well as a few questions about my resume. 2 weeks later I received an email template notifying me that they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Question – Describe each phase in the project management process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – First round interview - basic resume review and behavioral questions - nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Questions about working in groups/group dynamics   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager
Springfield, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview Details – Several interviews after submitting a resume for a job opening. After the several interviews, I had one more with my manager.

Interview Question – To explain how to do several functions on Excel after being asked my level of comfort with the program.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screening wtih HR -- then with Hiring manager. If you pass plan for a full day meeting with several cross functional people individually. No set interview guide just whatever the individual person wants to ask. Using STAR format is always a plus as is # for past results. no business case, no teaser, periodic behavioral again all depends on the person -- no standard. slow process.

Interview Question – when was a time you were creative.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy. pushed for more $$ and accepted a little lower than i asked. THey are willing to do 1 additional vacation week.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Newell Rubbermaid