Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

Supply Chain Interview

The interview process consisted of two inital interviews and a final interview at the headquaters. this was a 3 part interview, 2 one-on-one interviews and a "technical" portion where we analyzed a product to determine how we could improve the quality, functionality, and reduce costs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2013.

Talent acquisition staff are completely clueless about the role and responsibilities. They were not quick to get back to me for next steps. However, the worse part was when I actually interviewed with the Internal Audit staff. First the IT Director, just making non-sense questions asking where I was from, if I was planning to apply for citizenship, etc. I felt ver uncomfortable. Another person who interviewed me I could barely understood his questions, he spoke a very broken English which made me think how this person be employed and even more being a manager in this company. I see myself interacting on a daily basis with this kind of people and I just wanted to walk away.

Interview Questions

I noticed a lack of professionalism and diligence from the people who interviewed me e.g. Too many personal questions, lack of speaking skills, that I would not wanted to be related with employees like that in my next job.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2013.

I was first contacted by a recruiter and then was screened in a phone interview by the recruiter. I was later contacted by the recruiter to setup face to face interviews within the department. I spent half the day interviewing with 5-6 members of the department individually and had a couple of interviews with 2-3 people at the same time. Each interview was scheduled for 30 minutes, but some of the interviews ran over. I was contacted a week later with an offer from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions related to the position and my work experience.   Answer Question
    I negotiated additional vacation. The salary was not very flexible.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmeadow, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmeadow, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Applied online. One phone interview and one in person interview with two managers

Interview Questions
    • All questions were normal interview. Combo of "think of a time" and resume talk   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Longmeadow, MA
    Anonymous Employee in East Longmeadow, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in March 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting, heard back about a month after. Asked to do a phone interview with a campus relations member in Georgia even though the internship was in MA. Interview consisted of a background screen and a description of the position. At the end of the interview they told me I was a great candidate and asked me to do a second interview with the HR Leader I would be working with. That second interview lasted about 35-40 minutes and consisted of typical behavioral questions, at the end of the interview they said I was a good fit and asked me to come in for an two hour in person interview. Before I hung up they said they would contact me to schedule it, but they failed to do so. I waited a week and then initiated my availability to which they finally replied that they would get back to me. A few days later they emailed me back and said the HR intern position was put on hold indefinitely, and I would not be moving forward in the recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you didn't think you would gain anything from doing something, but ended up gaining a lot in the end.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

First round interview - basic resume review and behavioral questions - nothing out of the ordinary.

SAP EBusiness Project Coordinator Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2013.

The first phone interview was with the campus recruiter who knew little about the position but asked basic questions about my resume and experience to screen me for the next round of interviews. The second phone interview was with someone in the eBusiness department. He asked various project management questions about the phases and deliverables in the project management process as well as a few questions about my resume. 2 weeks later I received an email template notifying me that they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Describe each phase in the project management process.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Several interviews after submitting a resume for a job opening. After the several interviews, I had one more with my manager.

Interview Questions
    • To explain how to do several functions on Excel after being asked my level of comfort with the program.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2012.

Newell Rubbermaid has a common process and were very accommodating to me while we were interviewing. There were phone interviews with the program leader and HR before you get the invite for the final round interview in Atlanta, which is with a group of the other candidates. There was a short group presentation that we put together on the spot to show the panel how we worked together and could process material. Then there were three one on one interviews throughout the afternoon. Everyone was very pleasant and nothing was out of the ordinary or too crazy.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2012.

The interview process was long which consisted of applying online with a follow up offer for a phone interview or multiple one on one interview. After reviewing the students' resumes and interview, a handful of candidates with be given an offer to interview on site. The on-site interview will take 2 days and will consist of multiple 30 minute interviews by people who work in the field associated with the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a creative and unique project that you have taken on that no one else has completed at your school.   Answer Question