Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Wooster, OH).

Interview

It was done as a panel interview, consisting of the maintenance manager, a planner and an electrician.

Interview Questions

• They would ask technical questions and then see how far you could go in answering it. They tried to put a little pressure on you to see how you would react.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

I had one phone screening followed by four phone interviews with the territory managers I was then invited to Atlanta for a three hour interview process with six people. These were people from brand management and sales.

Interview Questions

• The Atlanta interview was tough just netting six people one right after the other.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little of the salary and expenses.

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interview with team. Very corporate and structured, including form emails. The in person interview was solely to determine team and cultural fit.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Talent Acquisition handled the front end of the process, and communciated very clearly the scope and reach of the individuals and the role

Interview Questions

• After 9 years of consistent track record, what happened in your last year to throw your resume off track? Frankly, I wouldn't have brought you in for the interview, but since you are here.   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Huntersville, NC).

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR then a Second phone interview with person who was leaving the position (department relocation). Third interview in house with HR lead and then department manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

On the phone

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Charlotte, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume on a Job board and about a month after I had a phone screening with HR. A week or two later I was contacted by the hiring manager but because of "internal changes" I was contacted again shortly after by another hiring manager, and I was then invited to an on-site interview. The interview was like any other interview with the typical "tell me about yourself" and "situation-action-result" questions. They also had a skills test at the end. In my opinion, I did okay but far from my best. I would also say that there was no "chemistry" between me and the hiring manager. They ended up not giving me an offer, and I believe it was a wise decision on their part since I had been going back and forth about withdrawing my candidacy because of the missing "chemistry". However, I want to send out a warning, because I was given a written agreement where I was promised reimbursement for my travel expenses and even though I have sent several e-mails and called them a number of times to remind them of it, I still have not after 3 months been reimbursed.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Feb 24, 2014 – Campus Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! Please reach out to our Human Resources Service Center at hrsc@newellco.com or (877) 467-4772 for an update on the status of your reimbursement.

Toolroom Manager Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mogadore, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Mogadore, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Went through several interviewers in one day. First interview with two individuals for about 90 minutes, second was with one individual for about 90 minutes and the third was with 8 individuals and it lasted approx. 2 hours overall the process took 5 and half hours not including the two hour long phone interviews. One of the interviewers seemed not happy about having to hiring someone and that was difficult. The process went smoothly. I answered all questions and tests correctly, according to their HR they wanted more supervisory skills. I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Put a box in front of me containing about 30 misc. components and was asked to explain what they were and how they were used. Needless to say they were impressed I knew all of them. They indicated I was the first to know them all.   Answer Question

Brand Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online through my school career site. Interview Process took a few months. First round was conducted on campus with HR staff. Second round was a super-day at their Atlanta office. The questions were standard behavioral marketing questions- describe a time you worked on a team that was difficult, what is your greatest strength/weakness. Received offer over the phone a few weeks after super day.

Assistant Channel Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

Applied online. Spoke with the HR manager on the phone. The was called by the hiring manager the next day. I was invited to the office where I interviewed with 4 people. I had lunch with the HR manager and then we did a short interview before leaving.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. Just a long day and lots of people to speak with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Called with an offer and emailed the terms

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Huntersville, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

Submitted an application through company website - I did not include a cover letter. Received an email within 2-3 days from a company recruiter requesting a phone interview. Phone Interview Answered basic questions about my current role and why I was looking to leave my job. The recruiter also asked about my salary requirements. A second interview was then scheduled at the office. In-person Interview I was set to interview with two directors, a senior manager, an HR Manager and two other Finance Managers. One of the directors was not available on my interview day so I interviewed with 5 total (individually) for about 3.5 hours. No difficult questions. Basic interview stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hiring Manager came halfway on salary requirements.

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Dec 15, 2014 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the Newell Rubbermaid team!