Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Huntersville, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

Submitted an application through company website - I did not include a cover letter. Received an email within 2-3 days from a company recruiter requesting a phone interview.
    Phone Interview
    Answered basic questions about my current role and why I was looking to leave my job. The recruiter also asked about my salary requirements. A second interview was then scheduled at the office.
    In-person Interview
    I was set to interview with two directors, a senior manager, an HR Manager and two other Finance Managers. One of the directors was not available on my interview day so I interviewed with 5 total (individually) for about 3.5 hours. No difficult questions. Basic interview stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hiring Manager came halfway on salary requirements.

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Dec 15, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the Newell Rubbermaid team!

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was very quick and straight forward. I had an interview with the hiring manager, followed by a series in-person interviews with cross-functional team members, including marketing, HR, design, and engineering.

Supply Chain Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of two inital interviews and a final interview at the headquaters. this was a 3 part interview, 2 one-on-one interviews and a "technical" portion where we analyzed a product to determine how we could improve the quality, functionality, and reduce costs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Talent acquisition staff are completely clueless about the role and responsibilities. They were not quick to get back to me for next steps. However, the worse part was when I actually interviewed with the Internal Audit staff. First the IT Director, just making non-sense questions asking where I was from, if I was planning to apply for citizenship, etc. I felt ver uncomfortable. Another person who interviewed me I could barely understood his questions, he spoke a very broken English which made me think how this person be employed and even more being a manager in this company. I see myself interacting on a daily basis with this kind of people and I just wanted to walk away.

Interview Questions

I noticed a lack of professionalism and diligence from the people who interviewed me e.g. Too many personal questions, lack of speaking skills, that I would not wanted to be related with employees like that in my next job.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter and then was screened in a phone interview by the recruiter. I was later contacted by the recruiter to setup face to face interviews within the department. I spent half the day interviewing with 5-6 members of the department individually and had a couple of interviews with 2-3 people at the same time. Each interview was scheduled for 30 minutes, but some of the interviews ran over. I was contacted a week later with an offer from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions related to the position and my work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated additional vacation. The salary was not very flexible.

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Longmeadow, MA).

Interview

Applied online. One phone interview and one in person interview with two managers

Interview Questions

• All questions were normal interview. Combo of "think of a time" and resume talk   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (East Longmeadow, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, heard back about a month after. Asked to do a phone interview with a campus relations member in Georgia even though the internship was in MA. Interview consisted of a background screen and a description of the position. At the end of the interview they told me I was a great candidate and asked me to do a second interview with the HR Leader I would be working with. That second interview lasted about 35-40 minutes and consisted of typical behavioral questions, at the end of the interview they said I was a good fit and asked me to come in for an two hour in person interview. Before I hung up they said they would contact me to schedule it, but they failed to do so. I waited a week and then initiated my availability to which they finally replied that they would get back to me. A few days later they emailed me back and said the HR intern position was put on hold indefinitely, and I would not be moving forward in the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you didn't think you would gain anything from doing something, but ended up gaining a lot in the end.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First round interview - basic resume review and behavioral questions - nothing out of the ordinary.

SAP EBusiness Project Coordinator Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2013.

Interview

The first phone interview was with the campus recruiter who knew little about the position but asked basic questions about my resume and experience to screen me for the next round of interviews. The second phone interview was with someone in the eBusiness department. He asked various project management questions about the phases and deliverables in the project management process as well as a few questions about my resume. 2 weeks later I received an email template notifying me that they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe each phase in the project management process.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Springfield, MA).

Interview

Several interviews after submitting a resume for a job opening. After the several interviews, I had one more with my manager.

Interview Questions

• To explain how to do several functions on Excel after being asked my level of comfort with the program.   Answer Question