Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Huntersville, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Initially had applied to company through online sources. It took a head hunter to get a foot in the door. First phone interview was with and engineering manager. Next was an onsite interview with upper team members (one on one). The questions were not bad. Included was a CAD test which I did poorly on. The laptop I was small and the color scheme settings were difficult to deal with in a well lighted room. (you might want to bring calipers). The expense reimbursement was slow - took about a month.

Jun 23, 2014 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Newell Rubbermaid! We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

First, I went through a phone interview with someone from HR. It was pretty simple and quick. A couple weeks later, I received an email to the office for an interview. The night before we all had dinner at Maggianos. There were about 50 of us students. The next morning we went through about 3 rounds of interviews. The total process took about 6 hours. I can't remember most of the questions anymore, but they were standard questions.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 26, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We wish you the best of luck and hope that you'll keep Newell Rubbermaid in mind for future career opportunities.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

They are very friendly and most informative

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Wooster, OH).

Interview

It was done as a panel interview, consisting of the maintenance manager, a planner and an electrician.

Interview Questions

• They would ask technical questions and then see how far you could go in answering it. They tried to put a little pressure on you to see how you would react.   Answer Question

Sales Internship Interview

Interview

2 interviewers, 30 minutes with each one

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

I had one phone screening followed by four phone interviews with the territory managers I was then invited to Atlanta for a three hour interview process with six people. These were people from brand management and sales.

Interview Questions

• The Atlanta interview was tough just netting six people one right after the other.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little of the salary and expenses.

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interview with team. Very corporate and structured, including form emails. The in person interview was solely to determine team and cultural fit.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Talent Acquisition handled the front end of the process, and communciated very clearly the scope and reach of the individuals and the role

Interview Questions

• After 9 years of consistent track record, what happened in your last year to throw your resume off track? Frankly, I wouldn't have brought you in for the interview, but since you are here.   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Huntersville, NC).

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR then a Second phone interview with person who was leaving the position (department relocation). Third interview in house with HR lead and then department manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

On the phone

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Charlotte, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume on a Job board and about a month after I had a phone screening with HR. A week or two later I was contacted by the hiring manager but because of "internal changes" I was contacted again shortly after by another hiring manager, and I was then invited to an on-site interview. The interview was like any other interview with the typical "tell me about yourself" and "situation-action-result" questions. They also had a skills test at the end. In my opinion, I did okay but far from my best. I would also say that there was no "chemistry" between me and the hiring manager. They ended up not giving me an offer, and I believe it was a wise decision on their part since I had been going back and forth about withdrawing my candidacy because of the missing "chemistry". However, I want to send out a warning, because I was given a written agreement where I was promised reimbursement for my travel expenses and even though I have sent several e-mails and called them a number of times to remind them of it, I still have not after 3 months been reimbursed.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Feb 24, 2014 – Campus Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! Please reach out to our Human Resources Service Center at hrsc@newellco.com or (877) 467-4772 for an update on the status of your reimbursement.