Newell Rubbermaid

Updated Nov 18, 2014

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelbyville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelbyville, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in May 2011.

We were just shown the general overview of what the job would entail, the hours we'd work, safety protocols, and we were tested on the machine we'd be using.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in May 2011.

There were a few phone interviews with various people from the corporate office, and then from my supervisor. I also had to be drug tested (they cut a piece of my hair) and had a background check completed. It was a very thorough process, and at times it seemed like it was never going to end. I was doing phone interviews back and forth with all sorts of different people. I eventually was offered the job and accepted the position.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2011.

Applied online, received phone call from HR for initial screening, set up phone interview with manager, then had vchat interview with HR director. Every person was very friendly, and considering it was my first ever interview experience, it went very smoothly! I think moreso than the skills I had to offer (which weren't many, since I applied for this internship after sophomore year and didn't have much work experience), they were looking for personality and fit.

Interview Questions
    • It was several years ago, so I don't remember exactly, but I don't recall any odd questions. Mostly behavioral and explanation of skills/resume.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, since compensation was good.

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Francis, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Francis, WI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in March 2011.

My interview was only a phone screen. I thought it went well. The HR recruiter told me that I made it through the first round. Four days later I received an email stating that I was not selected for the position.

Sales Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in February 2011.

Consists of two 30 minute interviews. Mostly behavioral questions as well as questions about your college experience. The tricky questions were relating to describing times you have failed.

Interview Questions
    • What three words would your friends describe you as?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2010.

The interview process was fairly simple. They held an info session the night before to get an insight as to what the company does and what they plan on doing. The interview was the very next day, so I was able to meet with some people who work for the company and build a relationship. The interview was just like any other interview, wanted to see what leadership I've developed, if I had good communication skills, etc etc. Overall, it was pretty laid back and the people were great!

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember question, but it was on the lines of "innovation" and "leadership." Basically, give an example of how you took a role of leadership and highlight how you were innovative about the decisions you had to make.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2010.

The interview consist of all team members in one room and asking question from technical to general things in the resume. They like to see how the candidate interacts with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where there is conflict with colleague and how you deal with it.   Answer Question
    A little but not that flexible

National Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in September 2010.

Interviewer called and set time to call back the next day for interview. Phone interview lasted 10-15 minutes.

Associate Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in August 2010.

The interview process is very lengthy. You first have to pass the initial phone interview with the Atlanta home office. If you pass the interview with them that forward your resume for review to the division office. If select then you will be asked to come in for multiple one on one interviews with other team members. From there the panel of interviewers then gather and review notes to select the candidate they wish to extend an offer to.

Business Banking Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in May 2010.

Phone interview with internal recruiter