Newell Rubbermaid

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in March 2012.

Initial interview/short talk with someone in HR. Second interview with potential mentor, easy talk, questions like "what was your biggest leadership role? Describe a time you went above and beyond what was expected." Very generic stuff. Third interview (skype) with same guy and also another member of the team. Whole process took about 2 weeks and received an offer about a week after last interview.

Interview Questions

Other offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2011.

Applied online, received phone call from HR for initial screening, set up phone interview with manager, then had vchat interview with HR director. Every person was very friendly, and considering it was my first ever interview experience, it went very smoothly! I think moreso than the skills I had to offer (which weren't many, since I applied for this internship after sophomore year and didn't have much work experience), they were looking for personality and fit.

Interview Questions
    • It was several years ago, so I don't remember exactly, but I don't recall any odd questions. Mostly behavioral and explanation of skills/resume.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, since compensation was good.