Newgen Software

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

3.1

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newgen Software.

Was a rigorous interview consisting of 3-4 rounds

Interview Questions
    • My weak area was Databases and questions pertaining to this topic   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

In the first round 25 Aptitude questions and 25 Technical questions were asked which was quite easy! 2nd round was psychometric Test (Which is more about knowing the interviewee) in which a handpicked students are eliminated.3rd Round is a technical Interview and 4th round HR, putting together the interviewee is selected or eliminated!
    Din't find the interviewers good enough! Found them worried more about leaving than actually interviewing!

Interview Questions
    • The 3rd round was Technical interview which turned out to be a bit harsh and unexpected!! The interviewer himself was very week in DBMS concepts! And grilled everyone in Data Structures and Algorithms only! Couldn't reach go for the 4th interview because he interviewers were running out of time to catch a train!! All those who were shortlisted were amoung those who had completed both HR and technical interviews!!!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newgen Software in November 2014.

An analytical round which contains Quant, LR and English questions.
    Followed by a set of technical questions.

If you qualify in the above, there's a psychometry test, but that isn't something to worry about. No need for preparation for that. They just test your basic personality.

After that comes the two rounds of interviews. First, technical. The candidates with whom the interviewers were not fully satisfied but thought had potential were called for a second technical round.
    After shortlisting from the technical rounds, there's a final HR round. They may give you puzzles etc. in that rounf to test your performance in an interview.

Interview Questions
    • The technical round was pretty thorough. Most candidates were made to write long, and often complex codes.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newgen Software in November 2014.

It started with a written psychometric test followed with technical interview.

Technical round was more focused on general Business Analyst skills and not on domain.

Be ready for small case studies

My Technical round was going fine and interviewers seemed to be satisfied with all the answers I was giving then there was a 180 degree turn in my luck and HR came & wrote something on my resume (probably Psychometric Test result) and I couldn't clear it.

I didn't know Psychometric test can be so important in decision making anyway lesson very well learned.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newgen Software in November 2014.

Campus Recruitment Drive.
    One day rigorous and lengthy process (Started at 9 a.m. and ended at about 10.45p.m.)
    -------------------
    Round 1(Written; Elimination Round): General Aptitude (35mins); Technical (35mins); No Negative Marking;
    Difficulty level: Average (In the General Aptitude test, I couldn't attempt all the questions in time and had to make wild guesses in the last 2-3mins for around 5-7 questions)
    Candidates in Round 1: 110

PPT before the announcement of Round 1 results.
    --------------------
    Round 2(Elimination Round): Psychometric Test [Personality assessment] ; 40 mins
    Candidates in Round 2: around 55
    Questions about self. Best way is to be honest or if you wish to play bluff, be consistent.
    Same questions are rephrased and asked repeatedly to examine the consistency and contradiction (if any).
    Around 10-12 candidates were eliminated in this round

After Round 2, shortlisted candidates are asked to fill up a company form
    1 Passport size photo, 1 copy resume to be attached
    Questions: Strengths, Areas for improvement, Project, Why NEWGEN?
    For the Why Newgen question, I quoted a few positive reviews from Glassdoors, and some points from their ppt
    --------------------
    Round 3: Personal Interviews(Technical)
    Candidates in Round 3: Around 39
    There were 4 rooms for technical interviews. Avg. Duration of Interviews: 30-45 minutes.
    I was interviewed by one of the Senior most members in their Recruitment team.
    My interview ran for about 150 minutes (Yes! a freakishly surprising 2 & a half hours)
    The first 20 minutes seemed like an HR interview.
    He looked at my form and the attached Resume for about 5 mins.
    He was quite impressed.
    He then asked me for an 'About Me' introduction. I was able to keep him engaged for about 10-15 minutes telling him all about my extra-curricular activities, strengths, weaknesses.
    He kept asking questions in between (like Do you believe in God; Do you think you have wasted a lot of time on extra-curricular activities)
    He was more impressed now.

1st Technical Question:
    There's an array of size 101 containing all uniques elements between 1-100. Find the one duplicate element.
    Expected Answer: Find the sum of all 101 elements and subtract the sum of first 100 integers.
    My Answer: Initialize a Boolean array of size 100 with all set as 'False'.
    Iterate through the array of 101 elements and whatever the no. is, set the boolean array index at that number to True.
    The duplicate element will be found if the boolean array index is already set to True. And then we can break from the loop.
    This was an optimal solution in terms of time complexity.
    This was the point where his expectations from me were raised. He kept making a mention about how I ruined his expectations in the later stages of the interview.

Other Questions:
    -> i=5; i += i++ + ++i + i++ + ++i; cout<<i; // Value of i
    -> Reverse a Singly Linked list
    -> Deleting a node from a Binary Search Tree
    -> Macros & Inline Functions
    -> Fibonacci Series through recursion
    -> Printing the table of 5 through recursion
    -> Tower of Hanoi Problem (nth term and Recursion)
    ------

Total Selections: 6

Interview Questions
    • There are a lot of points(x,y) dispersed on a 2D plane. A majority of them are very close. And some very far from that dense section. Find a straight line around which there is maximum density of points.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newgen Software.

It was an on-campus placement drive, which was attended by 228 students, out of which, 14 were selected. The process consisted of a written Aptitude and Technical test, which was a bit tough. 48 candidates were selected, who had to undergo a psychometric test, which was easy enough. 8 students were eliminated from this round.
    Next day, interviews were conducted, consisting of 1/2/3 technical interviews (number of interviews based on the performance, and also depending on the technical interviewer), and finally an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • If Google gives you an offer tomorrow after you have been selected in Newgen, will you accept that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newgen Software in October 2014.

1. written round (apti and technical) - was basics and a bit deep which will be easy if u prepare well
    2. psychology test (was also elimination round) - was bit easy just like that no correct answers
    3. technical interview - was actually a great one where they asked many question from my technical like starting from the coding languages i know(they asked me to write code in all languages that i know) and also from my area of interest and he asked me to say one more subject from the academics and also went deep from basics and was very clear and it took around one to two hour and it was like till they feel like selecting you or eliminating you till that they will keep as many rounds of technical interview for you and for it was three technical interview but for my friend it is only one and we both r shortlisted so it is about you how many technical interviews will be held and finally
    4. HR interview - was bit easy asked me to solve some very easy puzzles like three jug of diff size and must get some exact liters of liquid and also hw many ways very easy puzzles where general knowledge is enough.

Interview Questions
    • even if you have some 2 area of interest they asked me to say some 2 more to ask questions from that too   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newgen Software in September 2014.

Based on core concepts of data structure ,os,database.
    Linked list will be main focus.also all sorting techniques procedure will be asked .
    Normalization frm dbase queries will be asked.
    Semaphores frm os.

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

It Consisted of 4 processes - Written Test-Basic apptitude + Technical , Psychometric - To know your Psychology through Decision making Questions , Technical - 1 to 1 Technical Interview, basic C, C++, DB, DS and finally HR.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked were of Avg. difficulty.   View Answer
    Didnt negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newgen Software in August 2014.

1st round:- Aptitude and Technical Test
    Diffiiculty level average in apti and easy verbal questions
    Tehnical questions based on C,java,OS,SQL.

2nd round:- Psychometric test......general questions based on personality traits.....
    though nothing is right or wrong in this.....this too was an elimination round

3rd:- Tehnical Interview.....
    Easy questions based on the lang. you are comfortable in
    1. Difference btween primary and unique key...(how many null values are allowed in unique key colmn)

2. query to find out the second highest marks in a table.

3.code on pattern making
    4. Reverse String ex:- hello world .... reverse individual world hello and world.
    5. few questions on java interfaces and abstract classes.