Newgistics

Very Easy Interview

General Interview

General
Hebron, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Newgistics.

Interview Details – Go through staffmark it super easy. They basically hire you on the spot if they have openings. Then you have to go through orientation which is only an hour long. Then you start the job. People there are nice.

Interview Question – They ask about working for them but thats it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically they had the job to you

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Newgistics.

Interview Details – one phone interview, following by an onsite interview

Negotiation Details – NO room for negotiation

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Fishers, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Newgistics in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was contacted and interviewed first by a headhunter. Then had two follow up interview with the manager.

Interview Question – Only wanted to know about my first job which was like 15 years ago   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. It was take it or leave it

Receiving Clerk Interview

Receiving Clerk
Fishers, IN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Newgistics in September 2010.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by an employment agency.

Interview Question – What are your goals with this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/a

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Newgistics in December 2011.

Interview Details – Descibe previous experience, talk about how to design a system the drawback and benefits.

Interview Question – What is your current way of implementing a SAS system   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newgistics in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter that worked directly for Newgistics. The process consisted of a short interview by the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an on site interview. I was really interested in the company going into the interview. The on site interview lasted about 3.5 hours, and I talked to the Development Manager, a System Architect, 2 QA engineers, which at this point except for a few hard questions coming from the Architect, I was feeling pretty good about the interview. More than 1 person pointed out their fully stocked "kitchen" saying that you could eat all your meals there (big red flag here) the kitchen consisted of a small galley kitchen with a single refrigerator.

I then was to talk the the HR person which is usually a pretty easy interview. Well I was really surprised when it turned into an interrogation. She wanted to know why I left each of my previous positions, and what my salary was at each job. She then asked me about working overtime (another red flag) and I answered that I had no problem working overtime occasionally, She wanted to know what I meant by "occasionally". (that red flag is really high now). After the 30 minute interrogation, I talked to the hiring manager. It went pretty well, although I did not get that warm fuzzy feeling. He told me that they would make a decision fast and I could expect to hear from them in a day or 2.

After 2 days, I called the recruiter and asked if they had made a decision yet. She told me that they were still interviewing. At this point I decided I was really not interested anyways. I called her again a week later, and again she gave me the "still interviewing" answer. So 2 weeks after the interview, I send the recruiter an email basically saying that since I hadn't heard from her I assume that they were no longer interested in me. She responded the next day with a canned "sorry not interested" email.

The overall impression of the company was one that probably worked a lot of hours, and the office space was crowded. The developer/QA ratio seemed kind of high.

Interview Question – Architect gave me an diagram of their entire system, and asked how I would test it.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst desktop and server administration Interview

Systems Analyst desktop and server administration
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Newgistics in September 2008.

Interview Details – I had one phone screen interview with a third-party recruiter. Second phone screen was with the hiring manager. Third interview was 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and four other members on the management team. The initial interviews were standard screening interviews. Very detailed and well done.
  The 1:1 got off to a bad start when the hiring manager came out to the lobby smiling, looked me up and down, and suddenly looked very disappointed. Yes, I am in my 40s, not overweight nor hideous, but was qualified and my current position was in performing the same duties as their position required (as came out in the screening interviews).
The interview quickly degenerated as the hiring manager seemed to be justifying themselves that I could not, would not, and did not have any applicable skills to perform the job duties. I did fantastic when interviewing with the other members of the panel (was 1:1 with each) and felt I was a great fit for the position and the company. Wrap up interview with the hiring manager was spent with me trying to salvage a possible hiring opportunity. The hiring manager had no interest and would have saved a lot of time if they had just said I was not a fit or otherwise ending the interview. This interview cost me a half-day pay.
  In a follow up with the recruiter, and without me going into any details or bringing up my suspicions, I was cautioned that Austin was a small technical community, and this interview relationship should be kept amicable (sort of an implied threat?).

Interview Question – What is Six Sigma and explain how it is applied/used.   View Answer

Worked for Newgistics? Contribute to the Community!