Newk's Eatery Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

1.2

FOH Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newk's Eatery (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

The day after I filled in the application, I got a text and an email from the manager. I came in, was seated at a table and waited for about 10 minutes for the manager to come out. He was very loud and humorous, purposefully messing up my name when he introduced himself. He asked me 10 questions, most of them about a passion of mine that I'd mentioned and what I planned to do after high school. Also asked what my favorite place to eat at was, didn't want to hear Newk's as the location I interviewed at had only been open a couple of weeks. After he finished asking his questions, he said he liked me and wanted to hire me as a counter person and explained the job duties and that I would start off at $8.00/h. Then he brought out the GM for the store and explained that he was the GM for another location and was just helping out. It was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• What is one attribute that your passion involves?   1 Answer

Front of House Hourly Partner Interview

Interview

Very basic process, the restaurant had not opened yet and they were still adding the finishing touches. I went inside and filled out an application on the spot, handed them my resume, and sat there while the manager read it. We then had a short conversation about my extra-curricular activities, things like that, and I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were very informal and basic, and they had to do with explaining things on my resume, things like that.   Answer Question

Front of HousePartner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Newk's Eatery (Little Rock, AR) in April 2014.

Interview

Very quick. They just ask basic questions as far as availability and why you want to work there. They ask what you know about the company and what can you bring to the table. They give scenarios to see how you will handle certain situations. The interview was very easy. Simple questions

Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Opelika, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newk's Eatery (Opelika, AL) in March 2014.

Interview

awesome no worries be yourself dress to impress listen interview not very long they are very prompt with time they offer employee meal discounts everyday managers are very polite and knowledgeable they are very upbeat environment

Front of House Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Opelika, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newk's Eatery (Opelika, AL) in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out online application involving personal information and basic interview questions regarding personality and how to handle workplace scenarios. Was then called at 9pm and asked to come in for an interview the next morning. Same basic questions again during interview, told pay rate, and then told start date. Arrived for training and was asked shirt size and had the handbook gone over with everyone at orientation for store opening.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry or upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, had to agree to their terms. Needed a job so I accepted.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Newk's Eatery.

Interview

I applied and within a week I received a phone call to schedule a interview. In the interview, they just asked about your previous work experience. It was the easiest interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, as they only asked me about my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I first met with an assistant manager and he was nice. Asked you typical questions about how your past skills will apply to working there. He also asked a little about my personal life and how it would affect me working there. The next interview I did was with the manager. He found out a little more about me and described the tasks of the job to me. After the interview I was offered the job. This is a good place for high school and college aged children to work. Very friendly environment.

FOH Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newk's Eatery in May 2013.

Interview

Submit an online application through a jobsite page. Called in for an interview with a manager and then called back for another interview. Both times the managers asked the same questions and were generally more concerned with availability and whether I had a car than anything else. It took about 2 weeks for them to call me in for the first interview, then they asked me to come back the next day for the 2nd interview. They told me I got the job and needed to come back the next day for orientation. All in all it seems that they only hire at the last minute when they need someone immediately instead of hiring qualified people on a regular basis.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond in your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me when to show up for orientation. They told me what my wage would be. There wasn't any negotiation.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newk's Eatery (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

was an easy interview honestly. pretty much just asks you how you would handle certain situations with customers and fellow employees and your availability. they also ask how old you are since you have to be 18 and if you have any conflicting schedules.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vestavia Hills, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Newk's Eatery (Vestavia Hills, AL) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied in person then called a week later and was offered an interview for the next day. When I went in I was asked to described myself and to fill in another application because they lost mine. I was then told to come back the next morning for job training!