Newk's Eatery Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2014
Updated Jun 24, 2014

1.4

FOH Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newk's Eatery in May 2013.

Submit an online application through a jobsite page. Called in for an interview with a manager and then called back for another interview. Both times the managers asked the same questions and were generally more concerned with availability and whether I had a car than anything else. It took about 2 weeks for them to call me in for the first interview, then they asked me to come back the next day for the 2nd interview. They told me I got the job and needed to come back the next day for orientation. All in all it seems that they only hire at the last minute when they need someone immediately instead of hiring qualified people on a regular basis.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond in your last job.   Answer Question
    They told me when to show up for orientation. They told me what my wage would be. There wasn't any negotiation.

Front of House Hourly Partner Interview

Very basic process, the restaurant had not opened yet and they were still adding the finishing touches. I went inside and filled out an application on the spot, handed them my resume, and sat there while the manager read it. We then had a short conversation about my extra-curricular activities, things like that, and I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were very informal and basic, and they had to do with explaining things on my resume, things like that.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Newk's Eatery in April 2010.

The process was simple -- I knew people involved in the ownership group from a previous job, so I was at ease and confident in the interview. However, I later conducted interviews in my management capacity, and I found interview expectations were more demanding than what I experienced. My personality is rather easy going, so I kept the difficulty level low, but much was expected from the process, and poorly-selected employees were considered a reflection of the interviewer (and the other managers didn't let you forget).

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions pertained to personal priorities and how I could best serve the restaurant in the midst of settling down and starting a family.   Answer Question
    There was very little negotiation. It was more of a "this is what you get if you take the job."

Front of House Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Opelika, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Opelika, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Newk's Eatery in March 2014.

Filled out online application involving personal information and basic interview questions regarding personality and how to handle workplace scenarios. Was then called at 9pm and asked to come in for an interview the next morning. Same basic questions again during interview, told pay rate, and then told start date. Arrived for training and was asked shirt size and had the handbook gone over with everyone at orientation for store opening.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry or upset customer?   View Answer
    No negotiation, had to agree to their terms. Needed a job so I accepted.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Newk's Eatery in April 2013.

was an easy interview honestly. pretty much just asks you how you would handle certain situations with customers and fellow employees and your availability. they also ask how old you are since you have to be 18 and if you have any conflicting schedules.

Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Newk's Eatery.

I applied and within a week I received a phone call to schedule a interview. In the interview, they just asked about your previous work experience. It was the easiest interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, as they only asked me about my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I first met with an assistant manager and he was nice. Asked you typical questions about how your past skills will apply to working there. He also asked a little about my personal life and how it would affect me working there. The next interview I did was with the manager. He found out a little more about me and described the tasks of the job to me. After the interview I was offered the job. This is a good place for high school and college aged children to work. Very friendly environment.

Front of House Hourly Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newnan, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Newk's Eatery in December 2011.

all they did was say hi and asked me when i could start, they needed to make a quota before they could open up their business

they say there are chances to move up in the business and you will earn up to $13 if you stay for a year and a half but working there for 7 months and i didnt get a single pay raise, neither did any of my co-workers.

Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Newk's Eatery in September 2012.

I submitted the online application to 3 of the stores local to me and got called back for an interview to one.

I was asked normal interview questions like, "What does Service mean to you?", "Tell me about a time.." behavioral questions. Only 3 or 4 questions regarding interview format was used. Mostly talked about the company, expectations, the hours, etc etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    Was asked to come in for second interview. After second interview the hire and negotiations would be determined.

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Newk's Eatery in April 2011.

I was referred by a friend who worked there. I came by and sat and talked to a manager for about 15 minutes. There were no questions, he just talked a lot about how great of a place it was, and how how nice the people working there are. Then he said, "Okay, I'll go get the paper work." I filled it out and he told me to be there at a certain time the next morning and gave me a t-shirt.

Interview Questions
    Minimum wage was just assumed.

Worked for Newk's Eatery? Contribute to the Community!