Newly Weds Foods

Interviews for Top Jobs at Newly Weds Foods

Food Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Newly Weds Foods.

Very positive experience!

A phone prescreen interview with HR asking about background and interest. (not scheduled)

Follow up phone interview with HR asking more specific questions and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager (not scheduled)

Scheduled phone interview with the Hiring Manager. More of a discussion on what I was looking for and what the company was looking for.

In person interview which consisted of multiple panel interviews and some basic knowlege tests (similar to IQ tests)

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. More of discussions to see if you are a good fit.   Answer Question

Food Scientist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Newly Weds Foods in October 2011.

Faxed my resume and was immediately flown out for an interview that week (skipped phone stage). Took a few basic tests when I arrived and then had two groups of three people interview me, plus a lunch with two other people. Questions were pretty reasonable and conversation like, basically just getting an understanding of who I am and what I've done in a relaxed atmosphere. Seemed to go really really well, and was told I'd be emailed a link to take one of those personality tests at the end of the day. I figured good sign if they're talking about next steps but then I didn't hear back from them even after asking about it within a weekish. Eventually was mailed a "we found a better fit" generic letter two months later.

Interview Questions
    • Asked mostly about my background, what I've done in past internships and grad school   Answer Question