Newly Weds Foods

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Food Scientist Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Newly Weds Foods.

Interview Details – Very positive experience!

A phone prescreen interview with HR asking about background and interest. (not scheduled)

Follow up phone interview with HR asking more specific questions and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager (not scheduled)

Scheduled phone interview with the Hiring Manager. More of a discussion on what I was looking for and what the company was looking for.

In person interview which consisted of multiple panel interviews and some basic knowlege tests (similar to IQ tests)

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. More of discussions to see if you are a good fit.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Food Scientist Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Newly Weds Foods in October 2011.

Interview Details – Faxed my resume and was immediately flown out for an interview that week (skipped phone stage). Took a few basic tests when I arrived and then had two groups of three people interview me, plus a lunch with two other people. Questions were pretty reasonable and conversation like, basically just getting an understanding of who I am and what I've done in a relaxed atmosphere. Seemed to go really really well, and was told I'd be emailed a link to take one of those personality tests at the end of the day. I figured good sign if they're talking about next steps but then I didn't hear back from them even after asking about it within a weekish. Eventually was mailed a "we found a better fit" generic letter two months later.

Interview Question – Asked mostly about my background, what I've done in past internships and grad school   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Newly Weds Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Newly Weds Foods interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Newly Weds Foods employees and interview candidates.