Newmark Knight Frank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank.

Interview Details – Several email communications, three interviews with different levels of management and thorough background check that took a two or three weeks. After the background check was completed everything else went smooth and quick.

Interview Question – They asked many questions as to what type of project management experience I had. There were also questions asked that only you would know the answers to if you were in that line of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the first offer but accepted the counter offer. This phase was not pressured and they were pleasant to work with. They want to make sure the employee is happy with what they are getting which is why the morale of the employees is great!

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Assistant Property Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank in October 2011.

Interview Details – Met first with Director of PM and then PM. Two days later met with the PM. Job advertised as an APM, but it's described as a admin/clerical support by PM. No indication of upward mobility - a dead end job.

Interview Question – Do you have a problem working long hours? (The reason I believe for this question was because I asked what are the hours)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Long hours expected for low pay. Poor benefit package. HR Director snippy!! Tells a lot what's to come should one join the company.

Very Easy Interview

Property Management Interview

Property Management
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank in May 2009.

Interview Details – Got this interview via a recruiter. I received a call for this job from 2 different recruiters. Once I got there, they were running late and I was forced to wait for almost an hour. Once I got in, it started out as a normal interview. He asked me one questionand then started talking. He rambled on about how many interviews he had that day (20) and how everyone was qualified. He told me that he was basing his decision on his gut feeling. He wouldn't really let me get a word in edgewise after that. I guess I didn't fit based on his gut, but I thought it was extremely unprofessional how he handled the situation. He wouldn't let me prove myself at all.

Interview Question – There was only one question-how did you hear about this interview. It was a dumb question as I came from a recruiter   Answer Question

Lease Administrator Interview

Lease Administrator

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted regarding this position from a recruiter. She informed me that she was going to recommend that I be interviewed and that I would get a call for that interview the next day. Well it should have been a sign of things to come when I didn't recieve a call until almost a week later. I accepted the offer to interview and went in on a Tuesday. During that interview things seemed to go fairly well, the hiring manager stated that they would be making their decision by the next Friday. The week that the decision was to be made I got a call to come in for a second interview which was scheduled on that Thursday (the day before the decision). During this interview I was told that I would be notified either way and that it would be Friday or Monday at the latest. Well needless to say both Friday and Monday have come and gone and not a single word. I even sent a follow up email to inquire as to whether an offer had been made and still nothing. Now I'm not foolish, when I didn't get a call on Friday I knew that I had been passed over but I find it terribly rude how companies call you back and tell you either way you will hear from them and then nothing. Oh well I guess this is a lesson learned. Good luck to everyone looking to interview with this company.

Interview Question – What would be your ideal job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Newmark Knight Frank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Newmark Knight Frank interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Newmark Knight Frank employees and interview candidates.