Newmont Mining

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Data Warehouse Interview

Director Data Warehouse
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Newmont Mining in June 2013.

Interview Details – During the interview process, I met with several key executives and IT personnel. The actual interview process was conducted mostly by contractors who were more interested in the platform than how to address the analytic business needs of the organization. Also included in the interview process, was a chance to be interviewed by an HR manager.

Interview Question – Went through a series of choice A or B style questions...for example, paper or plastic? Some were applicable, others were just silly.   View Answer

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Newmont Mining in March 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call in March to fill a spot for an intern that was leaving. Called on Monday, interviewed on Wednesday and someone from HR called on Friday to say that they would like to offer me the position. I think it was out of necessity that the process was so quick, but still...great experience.

Interview Question – What is your favorite Excel formula to use?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for intern salary.

Director Interview

Director
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Newmont Mining in February 2011.

Interview Details – Most interesting part was that they had me put together a slide presentation about myself, explaining why I'd be good at the job. I thought that was clever way to do it.

Interview Question – Questions weren't that hard.   Answer Question

Emerging Talent Program Interview

Emerging Talent Program
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Newmont Mining in April 2012.

Interview Details – There were two days of interviews. The first day was a half hour meeting at the company headquarters with three people from different sections. They basically just asked about my experience, why I chose my graduate degree, what my career interests are. The second round didn't take place for another month. I had a series of one on one interviews with various members of the internal audit section. This one was a little more in-depth about why I wanted to work for Newmont, my career aspirations, and my skills set. One thing that stuck out to me was that all but one of the five people I met with was brought on board the company by a mentor who came to work there. Seems like you won't get a job if you don't know someone in the company who's willing to sponsor you.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for Newmont rather than a big 4 firm?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Denver, CO

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Newmont Mining in June 2011.

Interview Details – Worst HR screener I have ever encountered:
HR:
- Did not call during the scheduled meeting time and indicated that "my PC crashed".
- When I rescheduled the call, HR phoned me an hour early and asked for a different interview candidate.
- Told me "this interview is over unless you provide me with your salary info"
- After the interview, called the wrong person to let me know about the opportunity.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – HR was inept. Speaks volumes about the organization

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Newmont Mining in February 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication was through email. I was asked to come in and speak with a rep. They asked me several basic questions about my experience, my goals, and my financial acumen. There were no quantitative exams or technical evaluations. Overall it was a good experience and I look forward to hearing back.

Interview Question – What do you see as Newmont's competitive advantage?   View Answer

Worked for Newmont Mining? Contribute to the Community!