Newmont Mining Interview Questions in Denver, CO

2.8

Director Data Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Newmont Mining (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

During the interview process, I met with several key executives and IT personnel. The actual interview process was conducted mostly by contractors who were more interested in the platform than how to address the analytic business needs of the organization. Also included in the interview process, was a chance to be interviewed by an HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Went through a series of choice A or B style questions...for example, paper or plastic? Some were applicable, others were just silly.   1 Answer

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Newmont Mining (Denver, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

Got a call in March to fill a spot for an intern that was leaving. Called on Monday, interviewed on Wednesday and someone from HR called on Friday to say that they would like to offer me the position. I think it was out of necessity that the process was so quick, but still...great experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Excel formula to use?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for intern salary.

Digital Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newmont Mining (Englewood, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Initially I was contacted by an in-house recruiter. I had a phone interview with an HR person which went very well. She gave me good insights on pay, benefits and we talked about my experience.
    I was called back for an in-person interview which went really well. Then after 2 weeks got another call to meet with two other people. I felt that went really well too. A few more weeks went by and I called but they were still working on a decision. Two days later they told me they thought I was a great fit and everyone liked me but they went with someone internally. I was a bit heartbroken but totally understand.

Emerging Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newmont Mining (Denver, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

There were two days of interviews. The first day was a half hour meeting at the company headquarters with three people from different sections. They basically just asked about my experience, why I chose my graduate degree, what my career interests are. The second round didn't take place for another month. I had a series of one on one interviews with various members of the internal audit section. This one was a little more in-depth about why I wanted to work for Newmont, my career aspirations, and my skills set. One thing that stuck out to me was that all but one of the five people I met with was brought on board the company by a mentor who came to work there. Seems like you won't get a job if you don't know someone in the company who's willing to sponsor you.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Newmont rather than a big 4 firm?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newmont Mining (Englewood, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

The first interview was basically a phone screen with HR. She was nice and simply asked a number of questions related to the job. She also asked previous salary which I didn't like.

Interview Questions

• What did you make at your two most recent positions?   1 Answer

The HR lady was very hard core and unwilling to bend on salary. They wanted me to work a rotating swing shift and non-standard work week. They offered me a 15-20k pay cut from my contract salary to go perm and said their benefits and bonus would make up for it. Bonuses are not guaranteed money. The recruiter I worked with said it was way out of character for them to act the way they did and that normally the offer going to perm is the same or better than the contract rate. Newmont was having a hard time finding people to staff this position. Now I know why.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Newmont Mining (Denver, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

Worst HR screener I have ever encountered:
    HR:
    - Did not call during the scheduled meeting time and indicated that "my PC crashed".
    - When I rescheduled the call, HR phoned me an hour early and asked for a different interview candidate.
    - Told me "this interview is over unless you provide me with your salary info"
    - After the interview, called the wrong person to let me know about the opportunity.

Interview Questions

HR was inept. Speaks volumes about the organization

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Newmont Mining (Denver, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

Most interesting part was that they had me put together a slide presentation about myself, explaining why I'd be good at the job. I thought that was clever way to do it.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newmont Mining (Denver, CO) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial communication was through email. I was asked to come in and speak with a rep. They asked me several basic questions about my experience, my goals, and my financial acumen. There were no quantitative exams or technical evaluations. Overall it was a good experience and I look forward to hearing back.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as Newmont's competitive advantage?   1 Answer