Newmont Mining

Relevance Date Difficulty

Global IT Analyst Interview

Global IT Analyst

Interviewed at Newmont Mining

Interview Details – Initial phone screen was with a recruiter followed by 3 on site interviews. First was with the team I would be working with, followed by a one-on-one with our Director, and another with an executive chief of staff. First interview was with the group and I was asked to give a 5 minute PowerPoint presentation. Was asked some technical questions. Next interview was with a director and more of a interpersonal interview to see how I'd fit in with the team.

Interview Question – No super difficult technical questions were asked.   Answer Question

Director Data Warehouse Interview

Director Data Warehouse
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Newmont Mining in June 2013.

Interview Details – During the interview process, I met with several key executives and IT personnel. The actual interview process was conducted mostly by contractors who were more interested in the platform than how to address the analytic business needs of the organization. Also included in the interview process, was a chance to be interviewed by an HR manager.

Interview Question – Went through a series of choice A or B style questions...for example, paper or plastic? Some were applicable, others were just silly.   View Answer

IT Professional Interview

IT Professional

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview Details – Pretty informal. Small community, so everyone already knew of each other.

Interview Question – What do you think of (my current boss)?   View Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Newmont Mining in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communications was through an employee referral. After submitting resumes and applications through both the employee and HR, there were several interviews (phone screening, in person with hiring manager, group interview with team). One interview included a PowerPoint presentation. There was a period of follow-up phone calls, followed by an eventual job offer.

Communication throughout the process was sporadic and sometimes lacked clarity, but overall it was not a bad process.

Interview Question – The most difficult (but expected - it was communicated prior to the group interview) part of the interview was to prepare a presentation to the group, yet no topic or guidance was given on what they would like to see highlighted. Without knowing the audience (yet) or who was even going to participate, it was difficult to know what to present.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Newmont tends to act as if they are the only game in town and that everyone should want to work there, therefore they tend to negotiate very little on anything.

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Newmont Mining in March 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call in March to fill a spot for an intern that was leaving. Called on Monday, interviewed on Wednesday and someone from HR called on Friday to say that they would like to offer me the position. I think it was out of necessity that the process was so quick, but still...great experience.

Interview Question – What is your favorite Excel formula to use?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for intern salary.

Intern Interview

Intern
Butte, MT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Newmont Mining in September 2012.

Interview Details – When they visited my college, I submitted my resume. Upon reviewing my resume, they called me back for the initial interview the day after the Career Fair. Later, they informed me that they wanted to do a second phone interview. After the phone interview (2-3 weeks) they called me back with an offer.

Interview Question – Way you have shown leadership in safety?   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Category Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Newmont Mining in February 2010.

Interview Details – Comprehensive list of requirements and topics

Interview Question – Why should we not hire you?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Newmont Mining in February 2011.

Interview Details – Most interesting part was that they had me put together a slide presentation about myself, explaining why I'd be good at the job. I thought that was clever way to do it.

Interview Question – Questions weren't that hard.   Answer Question

Digital Media Manager Interview

Digital Media Manager
Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Newmont Mining in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initially I was contacted by an in-house recruiter. I had a phone interview with an HR person which went very well. She gave me good insights on pay, benefits and we talked about my experience.
I was called back for an in-person interview which went really well. Then after 2 weeks got another call to meet with two other people. I felt that went really well too. A few more weeks went by and I called but they were still working on a decision. Two days later they told me they thought I was a great fit and everyone liked me but they went with someone internally. I was a bit heartbroken but totally understand.

Interview Question – What experience do you have with crisis management?   Answer Question

Emerging Talent Program Interview

Emerging Talent Program
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Newmont Mining in April 2012.

Interview Details – There were two days of interviews. The first day was a half hour meeting at the company headquarters with three people from different sections. They basically just asked about my experience, why I chose my graduate degree, what my career interests are. The second round didn't take place for another month. I had a series of one on one interviews with various members of the internal audit section. This one was a little more in-depth about why I wanted to work for Newmont, my career aspirations, and my skills set. One thing that stuck out to me was that all but one of the five people I met with was brought on board the company by a mentor who came to work there. Seems like you won't get a job if you don't know someone in the company who's willing to sponsor you.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for Newmont rather than a big 4 firm?   Answer Question

Worked for Newmont Mining? Contribute to the Community!