Newport

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Optical Engineer Interview

Optical Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newport.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews, had coffee and a snack at the end of the second interview with three managers. Had to negotiate up from the minimum salary they thought I would accept. Was allowed to give ample notice to former employer, although they were in a panic to hire someone with my knowledge.

Interview Question – What is your idea of what your title should be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate up from the initial offer. A company will offer the least they think you will accept.

Intern Interview

Intern
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Newport in April 2013.

Interview Details – I first met the HR representative at my school career fair. I told her my research interests and she said that I would be a good candidate for some of the projects at Newport Corporation, so I handed in my resume to her.

I tried to follow up by calling and contacting her through email. However, I didn't hear back for about two months.

She finally called me out of the blue to let me know of my qualifications as a possible intern for the summer. Unexpected, but we arranged to set up an interview with the professionals who would oversee and tend to my interview.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers brought a miniature optical mount on which three optics stood. He asked me a few technical questions, like describing the structure and what would it be used for.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Newport in September 2010.

Interview Details – the interview process was time consuming and required my consistent prodding to find out what the next steps were. Their seemed to be poor organizational management with timing and explaining what the job duties would consist of, what metrics were in place to measure success, and any type of description on relevant work experience as it related to the position.

Interview Question – No tough questions were asked   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non negotiable on Salary or benefits

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Newport? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Newport interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Newport employees and interview candidates.