Newport

Newport Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Newport

Optical Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newport.

Two rounds of interviews, had coffee and a snack at the end of the second interview with three managers. Had to negotiate up from the minimum salary they thought I would accept. Was allowed to give ample notice to former employer, although they were in a panic to hire someone with my knowledge.

Interview Questions
    Always negotiate up from the initial offer. A company will offer the least they think you will accept.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Newport in April 2013.

I first met the HR representative at my school career fair. I told her my research interests and she said that I would be a good candidate for some of the projects at Newport Corporation, so I handed in my resume to her.

I tried to follow up by calling and contacting her through email. However, I didn't hear back for about two months.

She finally called me out of the blue to let me know of my qualifications as a possible intern for the summer. Unexpected, but we arranged to set up an interview with the professionals who would oversee and tend to my interview.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers brought a miniature optical mount on which three optics stood. He asked me a few technical questions, like describing the structure and what would it be used for.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Newport in September 2010.

the interview process was time consuming and required my consistent prodding to find out what the next steps were. Their seemed to be poor organizational management with timing and explaining what the job duties would consist of, what metrics were in place to measure success, and any type of description on relevant work experience as it related to the position.

Interview Questions
    non negotiable on Salary or benefits