News America Marketing Account Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

30-minute phone interview, followed by 3 in-person interviews with 2 account executives and 1 HR rep. After the phone interview, the HR person said they would let me know if they wanted to continue with me by the end of the day - it took until the next Tuesday to hear back they wanted to schedule an in-person interview. Then, didn't confirm the timing of the in-person interview until the day before.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to make a hard sale to someone not interested   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for News America Marketing

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY).

Interview

First I had a 30 minute phone interview, then came in and interviewed with three people within management and then the final round consisted of five interviews and a lunch with two current account coordinators. Everyone was very nice, but all eight interviewers asked virtually the same questions and it got extremely redundant.

Account Coordinator Interview

Interview

Had an info session, afterwards I interview with 2 different people and then had a web-cam interview. Every single person (including other candidates) were women so not sure what that was all about. All 3 interviewers and the other 10-15 employees I saw in the office were also female. Just seemed a bit odd to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY).

Interview

Started at a career fair with my University. First interview was on campus. It was 2, 30 minute interviews with one HR rep and one sales rep. Those were fairly basic and straight forward, relating your resume to sales. Second interview, I was flown to NYC where there was a reception, cocktail hour and dinner. The next day there were 7, 30 minute interviews with a variety of people in the company. Most questions based around, "why sales?". My best advice would be to try to relate to each interviewer on a personal level so they remember you because it is a long day.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things to bring to a deserted island and why? Why you over the 60 other people interviewing today? One person went through everything on my resume, told me it wasn't sales and asked me to explain why sales   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at News America Marketing.

Interview

First round interview will consist of two back to back interviews, followed by an information session and two more back to back interviews, one of which with HR, if you make second rounds. Final round interviews are in NYC with 60+ other candidates. It's an intense process, not so much from the interviewing, but more due to the extent of traveling and long days in a short period of time. You will have seven 40 min interviews with Senior VP's, some of which are quite enjoyable to talk to others are much more formal it depends.

Interview Questions

• Describe the role of an AC in your own words and then tell me why your parents would think you are a bad fit for the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at News America Marketing (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Long and detailed interview process. Consisted of an initial phone interview along with three in-person interviews. Met with Senior Vice President and multiple Senior Account Directors. Questions pertained to previous experiences where you had to give personal accomplishments.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was competitive for entry level, and no negotiating was needed.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at News America Marketing.

Interview

Great process overall. First, had an introductory phone interview. Then, they sent an HR rep to interview me at school. After that, had three skype interviews with senior people in the company. After, about 50 candidates go to NY for seven 40 minute interviews in a day.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at News America Marketing.

Interview

I was approached at a university career fair. There was a info session the night before the interview led by the two people who were going to conduct the interviews. One was in HR and the other was a Sales Manager. The info session was extremely informative. The next day there were two 30 minute interviews. One with each of the two News America Employees. It was a very sales driven interview. Make sure you talk about why you want to be in sales. Besides being very sales focused, it was a pretty standard interview. Be confident!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to overcome a challenge   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Interview

Had an initial in person interview on my college campus. There were two 30 minute interviews. The person who interviewed me was also recruiting at the career fair at my school in the fall. The interview was challenging at times, due to the unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• A penguin just walked into the room wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at News America Marketing.

Interview

I was referred to this position through a career fair and was very excited about the company and the growth projection for future employees. However, they are very strict as to what they are looking for in terms of resume presentation. As a student in a creative field and recruited under those pretenses, I found it very concerning that after contacting me and conducting a first round interview, I was asked to completely redo my resume to match the company's expectations.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be successful in sales? What experience do you have that relates to sales? What motivated you to apply to News America? How do you manage your time? How do you deal with rejection? What motivates you?   Answer Question