News America Marketing Account Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014

3.3

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at News America Marketing.

3 rounds of interview. Know that when the ACs and AAs take you to lunch, they are rating you and how you would fit into the office so be sure to impress them as well

None, set 45 k salary

Other Interview Reviews for News America Marketing

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at News America Marketing.

I got an offer for an interview after talking with a rep at my college's career fair. They held a very informative O&A night before the interviews started. On interview day you meet with a Sales Rep and an HR rep for about 30 min each. This was just for first round.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about sales. Why do you want to be in sales? What experience do you have in sales? Why does sales motivate you? If you are only sort of interested in sales, these can be hard questions to answer.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Interview and hiring was a fun process. Was flown out to NY and had interviews with numerous people that held managerial positions. Overall was a great process and interviews were not too bad. Dress to impress and always have your wits about you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at News America Marketing in March 2014.

Went through series oh interviews. First phone, which was simple. they ask about experience and why you want to be in sales. Then you go through a series of three skype interviews, back-to-back-to-back. It's not difficult, they just want to know why you'd be good/interested in sales. Then for the HQ event you go through a rigorous interview process of 7 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to sell a random object on their desk to them to gauge your skill set.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at News America Marketing in March 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter in November/December 2013, had an initial interview and we continued to maintain contact via email until March 2014 when I had three FaceTime Interviews, which were disorganized. I was invited to the HQ Event in NYC in March 2014, which is not all its cracked up to be. (I had spiders in my bed at The Club Quarters but did not make a big deal about it). We had a Q&A Session with the CEO and an Account Associate, Director and Group Sales Manager, a cocktail "hour" which was crowded and then a decent dinner with current AC's the first night. Although there were seven interviews the following day, and other than just being mentally draining because you are asked the same questions pretty much over and over, it is not that bad. Many said I was very highly qualified with an excellent resume and I felt great about my interviews. They are looking for very specific candidates, ones that are very passionate about Ad sales. They do not really care for leadership experience because as I see, as an AC, you pretty much do everything you are told by your AA and your Group Sales Manager. They talked about how they didn't have a mission statement, and joked about how they are not important. They said it is "their job to help other businesses reach their goals." That is an objective and serves as their business function; I do not see a very good future for this company; who really uses coupons anymore anyway? The industry is changing. One interviewer said the culture was the same throughout, while another said it varied in different locations. There is just too much disorganization and non-alignment with the values and overall attitude within the organization. Overall good experience and will help you see if it is a good company for you. Best of luck to you.

Interview Questions
    • There are 40+ candidates. If we only offered one spot, why should we give it to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at News America Marketing.

I was contacted after an on-campus career fair and had a on-campus interview before being flow to NYC for a 2-day interview process that involved a dinner interview with Account Coordinators already in the position and higher managment. The second day consisted of 7 back-to-back interviews at the corporate HQ where I interviewed with various levels within the company. During this process I made it very apparent that I wanted to work in a certain office, and when I was offered the job, it was at that office. Overall, it was a long process but weeded out people who did not really want the position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the biggest fault of your generation?   Answer Question
    No negotiation available - it is a set development program with set salary levels.

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at News America Marketing.

I gave them my resume at a career fair and heard from them about a week later. I only went through the first phone interview with HR. The man had me go through each part of my resume and explain specifically how it related to the account coordinator position. It was very straight forward and no hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • How does your previous job experience specifically relate to sales?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at News America Marketing in November 2013.

Excellent - NAM recruits on campus at multiple universities. Students must connect with a company recruiter before interviewing with two executives on campus. Those that move on to the next round will be flown to the New York HQ event for a two-day mingle and interview with at least eight NAM employees. You will be notified shortly (one or two days after HQ) whether or not you received the position.

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at News America Marketing in October 2013.

I applied through my college career service website, and got an email back from an HR lady. Scheduled a phone screen with her two weeks later which was easy, just a casual conversation about my background. Then was passed onto another HR recruiter who set up 3 30 minute skype interviews. The interviews were fine and asked basic behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at News America Marketing.

The interviews are very long. You have a full day of meeting with about 8 people back to back with a 30 minute lunch break. I got an offer and accepted, but wish I didn't I left after a year. I do not recommend this job.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer told me he didn't like me, and asked me to change his mind.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the salary is set for entry level at 45k. Don't take the job.

Worked for News America Marketing? Contribute to the Community!