News America Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.1

Operations, Layouts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at News America Marketing.

Had my resume passed along to a recruiter. A few days later got a call to set up an interview. Interviewed a week later with the HR Recruiter, Department Manager, Department VP and Department Supervisor all separately. All asked the same questions basically, what does my past experiences relate to the job. They explained the job and explained the day to day operations of the job. The interview process was more of a getting to know me and wanting to see how I believed I could take my past experiences and put them towards this entry level position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you can do this job and what from your past experiences can you pull from that show you can do this job for us?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at News America Marketing in November 2013.

Excellent - NAM recruits on campus at multiple universities. Students must connect with a company recruiter before interviewing with two executives on campus. Those that move on to the next round will be flown to the New York HQ event for a two-day mingle and interview with at least eight NAM employees. You will be notified shortly (one or two days after HQ) whether or not you received the position.

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at News America Marketing in October 2013.

I applied through my college career service website, and got an email back from an HR lady. Scheduled a phone screen with her two weeks later which was easy, just a casual conversation about my background. Then was passed onto another HR recruiter who set up 3 30 minute skype interviews. The interviews were fine and asked basic behavioral questions.

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at News America Marketing in October 2013.

I applied for the position via the website. A current Account Associate contacted me a week later to set up a phone interview. We chatted briefly (maybe around 30 minutes), covering basic interview questions. The interview was very sales-focused as the role is essentially a sales position. All questions revolved around sales, which were difficult for me because (1) I had no experience in sales and (2) I don't have too much interest in sales. He ended by saying that if they don't contact me in 48 hours I did not move on to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • When was the moment you knew you wanted to go into sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at News America Marketing.

The interviews are very long. You have a full day of meeting with about 8 people back to back with a 30 minute lunch break. I got an offer and accepted, but wish I didn't I left after a year. I do not recommend this job.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer told me he didn't like me, and asked me to change his mind.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the salary is set for entry level at 45k. Don't take the job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at News America Marketing.

It is a three round interview process. The first starting with a phone interview, then a series of four interviews in two hours were conducted via skype (which had terrible service so it turned into phone interviews). Then for the final interviews I was flown out to L.A. although I only had two inperson interviews in L.A. I had two interviews over skype and two inperson and then my fifth interview was cancelled and I had a phone interview with an HR rep out of Chicago. As a side note L.A. was not even a location that I put as a location that I would move too although, I still went there to interview. Following the interviews in L.A. an Account Associate and Account Manager took me out to lunch, which was more informal than the interviews. I would also like people to be aware that this process took four months from the time that I had my phone interview to when I got the final call.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was during the phone/skype interview series. I was told to do a role play in which I was the NAM rep and the interviewer was the client. Ultimately she asked me which product she should buy being a small business owner.   View Answer

Media Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at News America Marketing in September 2013.

Began with a phone interview with a very warm and informative HR manager. After getting rescheduled twice, I came into the office and interviewed with 4 different people in the department. I don't interview well, but after reading reviews here and researching like crazy, I really thought I had the position. The team itself is a group of very young, professional individuals. The last person who interviewed me was very high-up, and pretty intense. Regardless, I still thought I had impressed them. I guess they are just extremely picky. I wish if they had any apprehensions regarding my experience, they would have just skipped having me come into the office because this interview was pushing 3 hours long.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at News America Marketing.

First step was having a phone interview with HR. Asked basic questions about your resume and experience. After that, they set up an interview with 3 different Account Directors. Basic interview questions are asked. It seemed like it had went well and the interviewers were friendly for the most part. Had a decision the next day.

Entry Level Interview

Very intense people. Felt like they did most of the talking. Only wanted to hear specific things. Met with a few different people around the office including pretty high up people. They were definitely looking for a specific type of person: young, pretty, LOVE sales, peppy, conservative. Asked a ton of questions about their products, what they do, why they do it. Less about my skills, more about them. Must relate EVERYTHING in your resume to sales

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

I applied online – interviewed at News America Marketing in June 2013.

I applied through LinkedIn, and got an interview about a week later. I had done my research prior to going in. The facilities were nice. I was offered a refreshment then given a small tour of the office. I was interviewed by three people-- HR, and two managers. They made it clear that it was an entry-level position and that the pay was a nonnegotiable 35k. I answered each question to the best of my abilities and followed interview basics 101. I thought the interview went extremely well and was feeling confident. I never received a call back even though I was told I would hear back from them by the following week. Looking back, I should have contacted them but regardless, I guess I wasn't the right person for the position. Otherwise they wouldn't have forgotten to call!

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what my interests and major in college had to do with the particular position that I was being interviewed for.   Answer Question