News Corp Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.6

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at News Corp.

Phone interview

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at News Corp in March 2014.

Emailed my resume to HR, got a response within a couple of hours. Exchanged some emails with the HR representative. A few hours later, I got an email from a temp. at the company, telling me they'd set up an interview with one of the execs of the company they were hiring interns from for the following Monday--this was Friday afternoon. I fly to NY for the interview, everyone is pretty nice and helpful, the interview went well, they told me I'd hear back within a few days about the position.

Interview Questions
    • They were mostly about how to go about getting in contact with sources and how to check facts for stories.   Answer Question

Manager (IT Department) Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at News Corp.

It was a professional and streamlined process. Hr called within 3 weeks of supplying my résumé. Then, it was a meeting with the hiring manager that took about 45 minutes. Received the offer about 2-3 weeks later via phone call.

Interview Questions
    • None. Standard questions. Know your job, know what u do well and don't.   Answer Question
    Quick, via HR.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at News Corp.

1st step is a telephone interview by HR then you come in and meet with head of department and VP. Be prepared to give concrete examples of how you will add immediate value to the organization, interact with upper management and your communication and technical skills

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you did not meet expectations and why?   View Answer
    Not flexible at all take it or leave it mentality. Get as much as you can in the beginning raises are typically no higher than 2% and bonuses are only for upper management.

Entry Level Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at News Corp in November 2011.

very close group of individuals who are looking for people who can "fit in"

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at News Corp in March 2010.

Easy, one interview with HR, one interview with a VP of department

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at News Corp in April 2008.

Meetings with all levels of mgmt

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at News Corp in July 2012.

Hiring process was straightforward. Just one interview and was hired. Did not expect any experience in media.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions this time. Just do not try to bluff your way through. Just be honest.   Answer Question
    Very straightforward. They offered a reasonable market contract rate.

FINANCE STAFF Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at News Corp in March 2012.

Got an email with the invitation to to the phone interview. Interview was done by the HR assistant, just told me specifics about the job, small details, asked me a few basic questions, such as: why you want to work for us? What do you think about this industry? etc. Then, I received an email for a 1:1 interview. it was short, pleasant, but the HR person did not ask anything specific, just clarified my resume, did small talk and talked a bit more about the position, and asked if I had any questions. I had some so we talked about the industry, the company, benefits, etc. I did not get an offer, and their stipulation was that there are way to many candidates. I think i should have talked less.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at this company?   View Answer

Foreign Correspondent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romema (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romema (Israel)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at News Corp in October 2011.

Since I worked for the company for a few years they asked me to interview for the position. One phone interview since I was not in the country. Got back to me in two months. Applicants should be certain they want a job with this group.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how I would get on with others, possibly difficult people in the bureau   View Answer
    • asked about working under difficult conditions 5% of the time, in areas without clean water or a comfortable accommodation while working in a difficult zone for, perhaps, a week at a time   View Answer