News Corp

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at News Corp.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – How data analysis can help news company   Answer Question

Manager (IT Department) Interview

Manager (IT Department)

I applied through other source and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at News Corp.

Interview Details – It was a professional and streamlined process. Hr called within 3 weeks of supplying my résumé. Then, it was a meeting with the hiring manager that took about 45 minutes. Received the offer about 2-3 weeks later via phone call.

Interview Question – None. Standard questions. Know your job, know what u do well and don't.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick, via HR.

Finance Interview

Finance
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at News Corp.

Interview Details – 1st step is a telephone interview by HR then you come in and meet with head of department and VP. Be prepared to give concrete examples of how you will add immediate value to the organization, interact with upper management and your communication and technical skills

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you did not meet expectations and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not flexible at all take it or leave it mentality. Get as much as you can in the beginning raises are typically no higher than 2% and bonuses are only for upper management.

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at News Corp in April 2008.

Interview Details – Meetings with all levels of mgmt

Interview Question – What makes a good business development person?   Answer Question

Entry Level Role Interview

Entry Level Role
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at News Corp in November 2011.

Interview Details – very close group of individuals who are looking for people who can "fit in"

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at News Corp in March 2010.

Interview Details – Easy, one interview with HR, one interview with a VP of department

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at News Corp in July 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was straightforward. Just one interview and was hired. Did not expect any experience in media.

Interview Question – No difficult questions this time. Just do not try to bluff your way through. Just be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward. They offered a reasonable market contract rate.

FINANCE STAFF Interview

FINANCE STAFF

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at News Corp in March 2012.

Interview Details – Got an email with the invitation to to the phone interview. Interview was done by the HR assistant, just told me specifics about the job, small details, asked me a few basic questions, such as: why you want to work for us? What do you think about this industry? etc. Then, I received an email for a 1:1 interview. it was short, pleasant, but the HR person did not ask anything specific, just clarified my resume, did small talk and talked a bit more about the position, and asked if I had any questions. I had some so we talked about the industry, the company, benefits, etc. I did not get an offer, and their stipulation was that there are way to many candidates. I think i should have talked less.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at this company?   View Answer

Foreign Correspondent Interview

Foreign Correspondent
Romema (Israel)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at News Corp in October 2011.

Interview Details – Since I worked for the company for a few years they asked me to interview for the position. One phone interview since I was not in the country. Got back to me in two months. Applicants should be certain they want a job with this group.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would get on with others, possibly difficult people in the bureau   View Answer
  • asked about working under difficult conditions 5% of the time, in areas without clean water or a comfortable accommodation while working in a difficult zone for, perhaps, a week at a time   View Answer

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at News Corp in October 2010.

Interview Details – Basically I was interviewed by 2 people at once. The conversation was alright. Very nice people.

Interview Question – Why did you choose that specific major?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for News Corp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at News Corp interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by News Corp employees and interview candidates.