News Corp Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.7

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at News Corp.

Interview

Phone interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at News Corp in March 2014.

Interview

Emailed my resume to HR, got a response within a couple of hours. Exchanged some emails with the HR representative. A few hours later, I got an email from a temp. at the company, telling me they'd set up an interview with one of the execs of the company they were hiring interns from for the following Monday--this was Friday afternoon. I fly to NY for the interview, everyone is pretty nice and helpful, the interview went well, they told me I'd hear back within a few days about the position.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly about how to go about getting in contact with sources and how to check facts for stories.   Answer Question

Manager (IT Department) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at News Corp.

Interview

It was a professional and streamlined process. Hr called within 3 weeks of supplying my résumé. Then, it was a meeting with the hiring manager that took about 45 minutes. Received the offer about 2-3 weeks later via phone call.

Interview Questions

• None. Standard questions. Know your job, know what u do well and don't.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick, via HR.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at News Corp (New York, NY).

Interview

1st step is a telephone interview by HR then you come in and meet with head of department and VP. Be prepared to give concrete examples of how you will add immediate value to the organization, interact with upper management and your communication and technical skills

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you did not meet expectations and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not flexible at all take it or leave it mentality. Get as much as you can in the beginning raises are typically no higher than 2% and bonuses are only for upper management.

Entry Level Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at News Corp (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

very close group of individuals who are looking for people who can "fit in"

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at News Corp (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Easy, one interview with HR, one interview with a VP of department

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at News Corp (San Francisco, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Meetings with all levels of mgmt

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at News Corp (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very little information given about the specific department before the interview, so was completely left guessing. On arrival, quite an informal conversation about the role and what happens at the company on a day-to-day basis. The recruiter was the departmental manager. Got the feeling that the job had already been filled, as the recruiter seemed very uninterested in answering questions about the role. Simply just replying in a few word sentences. I also had to chase for feedback. A month later a similar position arose and I was flat out rejected for that without any explanation or an interview.

Interview Questions

• ‘What do you know about News UK’ ‘What’s a typical day at your current work like’ ‘What skills and experience are transferable here’   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at News Corp (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was straightforward. Just one interview and was hired. Did not expect any experience in media.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions this time. Just do not try to bluff your way through. Just be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward. They offered a reasonable market contract rate.

FINANCE STAFF Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at News Corp in March 2012.

Interview

Got an email with the invitation to to the phone interview. Interview was done by the HR assistant, just told me specifics about the job, small details, asked me a few basic questions, such as: why you want to work for us? What do you think about this industry? etc. Then, I received an email for a 1:1 interview. it was short, pleasant, but the HR person did not ask anything specific, just clarified my resume, did small talk and talked a bit more about the position, and asked if I had any questions. I had some so we talked about the industry, the company, benefits, etc. I did not get an offer, and their stipulation was that there are way to many candidates. I think i should have talked less.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this company?   1 Answer