Newsbank Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2014

4.0

Telephone Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Newsbank in April 2014.

Horrible! Be ready for 2 months to 2 1/2 filled with 4-6 personality profile tests, assessments, technical skills, etc.; 13 individual interviews; background check, criminal records check, and credit check. AND you are competing with 100 people for 1 job that they may not even decide to fill. I was one of 3 finalists, and after 2 1/2 months, they decided to open up the interviewing to even more on a national level. Your odds of getting this job are 100 to 1 if they decide to fill it. ALSO they have a constant job ad on the recruiting sites which also tells you something.

Interview Questions
    • None. All basic. Main one was "Are you a consultative sales person?"   View Answer

Telephone Sales - DONT WASTE YOUR TIME Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Newsbank in April 2014.

HORRIBLE. These guys interview 100 people for one they hire IF they hire 1. The process takes 2 months, 4 tests, 10 or more interviews, employment background check, background check, credit check to see if you really made as much as you say you have. You NEVER meet a sales person you NEVER see where they sit and work. After 2 months I was one of 3 left in the process and then instead of hiring one of us, they opened it up nationally Do not waste your time. This is the worst of examples where a company has an ongoing ad and hiring process until they finally choose a candidate. You have 1 out of 100 chance it they hire at all. this is a revolving interview company. Can you imagine working for them if it is this hard to get hired?

Interview Questions
    • None, most are general but all 10 people will ask you the same questions over and over. The most popular one "are you a Consultative Sales Person"   View Answer

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Newsbank in May 2013.

Courted by a their corp. recruiter (great experience) for a little over 3 months. Throughout the courtship had several conversations via email and phone with this person, and had 2 phone screenings with program managers. Seeing I was from out of the area, the face to face interview was around 7-8 hours (almost a full day), meeting with 6 managers and the corp. recruiter. The company reimbursed travel expenses and booked the hotel.

Interview Questions
    • What has playing sports taught you in your life?   View Answer
    n/a- I believe the base rate they offer is based on your level of experience.

Executive Sales Representative Interview

One phone interview, Two in person interviews. First in person interview is about an hour. Second in person interview is 4-5 hours.

Account Executive Interview

VERY detailed process. They put you through interviews with a few different HR reps, consultants, management, VPs. I believe I went through 8 different interview steps including online personality testing and a trip to Naples, FL for the final step.

Interview Questions
    • They used all of the typical questions. Had to do a mock sales call with 2 VPs. They look for consultative sales, so they are really focused on how well you can do that.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Newsbank in September 2011.

Company came across initially as professional. Unfortunately, the interview process is highly involved but without much focus, and down right disorganized. They are not a top player in their market place for a reason, and going through this poorly run, poorly organized interview process gave me a strong understanding why.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions; in fact, overly mundane, unchallenging questions   View Answer

Sales Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Newsbank in June 2011.

The interview process at this company is INSANE!! I had the initial HR phone interview. Then I had three separate phone interviews with management. I was asked to do a "Mock" sales call, and try to sell them something using the PSS sales training platform. After that I had to take two personality tests, read an article of my choosing, then write a summary of what I learned. The final task was to write a paragraph on my experience. Needless to say that my final assignment consisted of a really accurate account of my experience. UGH...Don't waste your time (7 days) buying into this convoluted, invasive and inappropriate process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions on the personality tests..."I bite my fingernails", "I'm always tired" were absurd.   Answer Question

Worked for Newsbank? Contribute to the Community!