Newsbank

Very Difficult Interview

Telephone Sales Interview

Telephone Sales
Naples, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Newsbank in April 2014.

Interview Details – Horrible! Be ready for 2 months to 2 1/2 filled with 4-6 personality profile tests, assessments, technical skills, etc.; 13 individual interviews; background check, criminal records check, and credit check. AND you are competing with 100 people for 1 job that they may not even decide to fill. I was one of 3 finalists, and after 2 1/2 months, they decided to open up the interviewing to even more on a national level. Your odds of getting this job are 100 to 1 if they decide to fill it. ALSO they have a constant job ad on the recruiting sites which also tells you something.

Interview Question – None. All basic. Main one was "Are you a consultative sales person?"   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Telephone Sales - DONT WASTE YOUR TIME Interview

Telephone Sales - DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
Naples, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Newsbank in April 2014.

Interview Details – HORRIBLE. These guys interview 100 people for one they hire IF they hire 1. The process takes 2 months, 4 tests, 10 or more interviews, employment background check, background check, credit check to see if you really made as much as you say you have. You NEVER meet a sales person you NEVER see where they sit and work. After 2 months I was one of 3 left in the process and then instead of hiring one of us, they opened it up nationally Do not waste your time. This is the worst of examples where a company has an ongoing ad and hiring process until they finally choose a candidate. You have 1 out of 100 chance it they hire at all. this is a revolving interview company. Can you imagine working for them if it is this hard to get hired?

Interview Question – None, most are general but all 10 people will ask you the same questions over and over. The most popular one "are you a Consultative Sales Person"   View Answer

Sales Trainee Interview

Sales Trainee
Naples, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Newsbank in May 2013.

Interview Details – Courted by a their corp. recruiter (great experience) for a little over 3 months. Throughout the courtship had several conversations via email and phone with this person, and had 2 phone screenings with program managers. Seeing I was from out of the area, the face to face interview was around 7-8 hours (almost a full day), meeting with 6 managers and the corp. recruiter. The company reimbursed travel expenses and booked the hotel.

Interview Question – What has playing sports taught you in your life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a- I believe the base rate they offer is based on your level of experience.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Sales Representative Interview

Executive Sales Representative

Interviewed at Newsbank

Interview Details – One phone interview, Two in person interviews. First in person interview is about an hour. Second in person interview is 4-5 hours.

Interview Question – Know your resume   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at Newsbank

Interview Details – VERY detailed process. They put you through interviews with a few different HR reps, consultants, management, VPs. I believe I went through 8 different interview steps including online personality testing and a trip to Naples, FL for the final step.

Interview Question – They used all of the typical questions. Had to do a mock sales call with 2 VPs. They look for consultative sales, so they are really focused on how well you can do that.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Newsbank in September 2011.

Interview Details – Company came across initially as professional. Unfortunately, the interview process is highly involved but without much focus, and down right disorganized. They are not a top player in their market place for a reason, and going through this poorly run, poorly organized interview process gave me a strong understanding why.

Interview Question – No difficult questions; in fact, overly mundane, unchallenging questions   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Newsbank in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process at this company is INSANE!! I had the initial HR phone interview. Then I had three separate phone interviews with management. I was asked to do a "Mock" sales call, and try to sell them something using the PSS sales training platform. After that I had to take two personality tests, read an article of my choosing, then write a summary of what I learned. The final task was to write a paragraph on my experience. Needless to say that my final assignment consisted of a really accurate account of my experience. UGH...Don't waste your time (7 days) buying into this convoluted, invasive and inappropriate process.

Interview Question – The questions on the personality tests..."I bite my fingernails", "I'm always tired" were absurd.   Answer Question

Worked for Newsbank? Contribute to the Community!