Newsweek Daily Beast

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Newsweek Daily Beast in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had phone chat with recruiter who said my background was an excellent fit, was given a take home test. After a day I was contact to speak directly with the CTO which I interpretted as a good sign. Then I was contact a minute before the phone call and was told "there was a scheduling conflict and we'd have to try another time". I quickly asked about my test feedback and was told there hadn't been any yet. I was never contact again by the recruiter to set up another time for the CTO call.

Interview Question – The take home test was simple, involving parsing RSS.   Answer Question

Copy Editor Interview

Copy Editor
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Newsweek Daily Beast in February 2013.

Interview Details – Process went well. Several people on panel. Good questions about the editorial business and my experience.

Interview Question – What was the worst thing you've done that you have gotten away with?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Reporter/Researcher Interview

Reporter/Researcher
Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Newsweek Daily Beast in October 2012.

Interview Details – i went on internet, applied hundreds of resume, then got the called one day.
the interview was some random questions, such as what kind of experience do i have in the past ? what would the job like,

Interview Question – not really encounter one   Answer Question

Worked for Newsweek Daily Beast? Contribute to the Community!