Newsweek Daily Beast

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Newsweek Daily Beast

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Newsweek Daily Beast in March 2014.

Had phone chat with recruiter who said my background was an excellent fit, was given a take home test. After a day I was contact to speak directly with the CTO which I interpretted as a good sign. Then I was contact a minute before the phone call and was told "there was a scheduling conflict and we'd have to try another time". I quickly asked about my test feedback and was told there hadn't been any yet. I was never contact again by the recruiter to set up another time for the CTO call.

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Newsweek Daily Beast in February 2013.

Process went well. Several people on panel. Good questions about the editorial business and my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst thing you've done that you have gotten away with?   View Answer

Reporter/Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Newsweek Daily Beast in October 2012.

i went on internet, applied hundreds of resume, then got the called one day.
    the interview was some random questions, such as what kind of experience do i have in the past ? what would the job like,