NexJ Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NexJ Systems (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied to nexj system but some recruitment agency was intermediate in the process and they took a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice. unfortunately, I did not pass phone interview.

Interview Questions

• what design patterns did you use in your programming? why you are interested in this position? No one is perfect, tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline and you did not meet expectation? tell me about your programming experience that you do most? tell me about your programming experience that you do least? and you think you could have done it differently? How did you get to know about this posting? why did you choose development/programming as a career? what do you like about development? what is your expectation for this position?{where do you see yourself in five years} tell me about a time when you took initiative to provide a solution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NexJ Systems (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

First HR screen round general questions, culture fit. followed by three technical rounds, final round talk to director about the potential project. Each interview was really nice. Technical questions were straight forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NexJ Systems.

Interview

Applied through school's job postings site and had an in-person on-campus interview. The interview was with two QA managers of different teams. They both asked behavioural questions and basic ones about quality assurance (e.g. what is it, how to test something, etc).

Interview Questions

• It was a relaxed behavioural interview. In addition, was asked about quality assurance (definition etc.) and how I would go about testing something (e.g. a site).   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NexJ Systems (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There were 3 interviews in total by various team members, such as HR, 2 project managers, and 2 other consultants holding similar titles as the advertised position. First conversations were with a recruiter, followed by 3 interviews at the main company office on different days. The office is a large open space, seems quite conducive to an agile development pace. Whiteboards with stickies, teams actively working with each other; interviewers mentioned that the company uses SCRUM and like methodologies for most projects.

Interview Questions

• There were a number of technical questions, which you should be prepared to answer, including application server, middleware, and backend related. Questions were very reasonable overall. The management team also posed a couple of culture-fit and thinking-quick-on-your-feet type questions; can't quite recall, but they seemed fairly standard.   Answer Question

Interview

Interview was done over Skype video. There were questions about previous experiences and technical questions related to job such SQL, Javascript, CSS.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly straightforward and nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NexJ Systems (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

I had posted my application on my school's job application system. They wanted a cover letter so I had written a cover letter to them. After 1 to 2 weeks after my application, one of the HR had contacted me to book an hr interview. What I thought weird was why they didn't book an interview with me via email, but rather booked using phone. Anyways, in the hr interview we had talked about my experience and some typical hr interview questions. I thought the interview went well but they did not let me proceed the process.

Applications Developer Interview

Interview

It was the worst interview experience, I had . first I had a phone interview with HR, and it was good. the next was with the senior developer on phone, the person called about 15 min late. after that he was not at all interested in talking to me . He din ask me any relevant technical questions. then jumped to coding, I did that too. And it was just one technical question. Other time he was just talking about what nexj do, who are their clients and all stuff. The person had so much for attitude.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NexJ Systems.

Interview

It was an easy interview with some basic testing on sql and some coding in c and java

Interview Questions

• hypothetical questions were very interesting and different from what you see on the forums   1 Answer

Reporting & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NexJ Systems (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process involves 3 rounds of interviews. The first one is with two employees from the application development team on basic algorithms for testing, searching, and sorting. The second interview is with a manager at the company discussing potential projects that you might be able to contribute to. The last round is with the VP Technology discussing general personality questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Junior Consultant Mobile Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NexJ Systems (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

1.) Sent resume to HR via email 2.) HR Phone Screening 3.) Technical Interview (on Phone) with Sr. Manager (Mobile Services) 4.) Technical Interview and discussing potential projects (on Skype) again with Sr. Manager (Mobile Services) OOP conceptual questions, HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design, mobile UX design, requirements gathering, prototyping etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

-NA-