NexJ Systems

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.6

Quality Assurance Analyst (Coop) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NexJ Systems.

Applied through school's job postings site and had an in-person on-campus interview. The interview was with two QA managers of different teams. They both asked behavioural questions and basic ones about quality assurance (e.g. what is it, how to test something, etc).

Interview Questions
    • It was a relaxed behavioural interview. In addition, was asked about quality assurance (definition etc.) and how I would go about testing something (e.g. a site).   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NexJ Systems.

There were 3 interviews in total by various team members, such as HR, 2 project managers, and 2 other consultants holding similar titles as the advertised position. First conversations were with a recruiter, followed by 3 interviews at the main company office on different days.
    The office is a large open space, seems quite conducive to an agile development pace. Whiteboards with stickies, teams actively working with each other; interviewers mentioned that the company uses SCRUM and like methodologies for most projects.

Interview Questions
    • There were a number of technical questions, which you should be prepared to answer, including application server, middleware, and backend related. Questions were very reasonable overall. The management team also posed a couple of culture-fit and thinking-quick-on-your-feet type questions; can't quite recall, but they seemed fairly standard.   Answer Question

Client Framework Developer Co-op Interview

Interview was done over Skype video. There were questions about previous experiences and technical questions related to job such SQL, Javascript, CSS.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly straightforward and nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NexJ Systems in May 2013.

I had posted my application on my school's job application system. They wanted a cover letter so I had written a cover letter to them. After 1 to 2 weeks after my application, one of the HR had contacted me to book an hr interview. What I thought weird was why they didn't book an interview with me via email, but rather booked using phone. Anyways, in the hr interview we had talked about my experience and some typical hr interview questions. I thought the interview went well but they did not let me proceed the process.

Applications Developer Interview

It was the worst interview experience, I had . first I had a phone interview with HR, and it was good. the next was with the senior developer on phone, the person called about 15 min late. after that he was not at all interested in talking to me . He din ask me any relevant technical questions. then jumped to coding, I did that too. And it was just one technical question. Other time he was just talking about what nexj do, who are their clients and all stuff. The person had so much for attitude.

Developer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NexJ Systems.

It was an easy interview with some basic testing on sql and some coding in c and java

Interview Questions
    • hypothetical questions were very interesting and different from what you see on the forums   View Answer

Reporting & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NexJ Systems.

The interview process involves 3 rounds of interviews. The first one is with two employees from the application development team on basic algorithms for testing, searching, and sorting. The second interview is with a manager at the company discussing potential projects that you might be able to contribute to. The last round is with the VP Technology discussing general personality questions.

n/a

Junior Consultant Mobile Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NexJ Systems in January 2013.

1.) Sent resume to HR via email
    2.) HR Phone Screening
    3.) Technical Interview (on Phone) with Sr. Manager (Mobile Services)
    4.) Technical Interview and discussing potential projects (on Skype) again with Sr. Manager (Mobile Services)

OOP conceptual questions, HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design, mobile UX design, requirements gathering, prototyping etc.

-NA-

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NexJ Systems.

One HR interview over the phone and then a technical over the phone as well. Both went very smooth, both the hr lady and the technical interviewer were nice.

Interview Questions
    • what is oop, class, polymorphism, interface vs abstract class, left join, full join?
      doubly link list reversal?
      reversing words in a string eg "hello world" => "world hello"
      say you have to arrays a1 and a2. a1 has elements that are in a2. How would you remove those elements from a1 (no restrictions on implementation)

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at NexJ Systems in October 2012.

45 minute interview which consisted of all technical questions regarding object oriented programming. Was asked to explain OOP, encapsulation, polymorphism. Asked a few coding problems involving finding the middle of a singly linked list, a inner join SQL question and re factoring. Also asked to write an insert method for a BST.

Interview Questions
    • Insert method for BST, couldn't remember recursive method   Answer Question