Nexant

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nexant in October 2013.

Interview Details – one round of phone technical interview, one round of onsite interview

Interview Question – most of questions are not very difficult   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
White Plains, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Nexant.

Interview Details – Several half hour interviews with people of varying backgrounds and levels. Also a 90 minute lunch with two higher-ups to get a feel of the candidate's personality or fit with the Nexant culture

Interview Question – Why consulting versus a position in the petrochemical industry?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nexant.

Interview Details – Phone and on-site interview

Interview Question – Most of the questions are from internet, very detailed (Java, Selenium, JMeter)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was made over the phone and next sent to my home address

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Nexant.

Interview Details – I came to their attention through a friend-of-a-friend. Interview took place in White Plains with a rotating group of employees at all levels, and was as much of an orientation in the business as a proper interview. Aside from speaking with the senior VP, most of the interviews were not formally structured and each employee went over different aspects of background, teamwork, interests, and motivation in order to get to know you. I learned after being hired that the interviewers gather afterwards to evaluate candidates based on the opinions each one formulates from the individual, caucus style.

Interview Question – What types of multiclient products would you attempt to devise and market for the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation for my very junior, entry-level position.

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Wheaton, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nexant in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of phone screening, Skype interview and on-site interview. Phone screening was with the engineering manager and basic; went over work experience and other items on the resume. The next was a Skype interview, where we went over my experience in detail and some questions related to the energy industry. On-site interviews were informal. Met with business unit manager, as well as the project manager. They all asked about my experience and talked about the Project Co-ordinator role.

Overall, really good people and interesting industry.

Interview Question – What energy program would be harder to implement: Commercial/Industrial or Small Business?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Tough decision, but decided to accept another opportunity that was a better fit and significantly higher pay.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nexant.

Interview Details – 3 rounds. Inquired of experience. Included behavioral experiences

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nexant in July 2008.

Interview Details – It was a little disorganized and had to speak to 5 different folks from different parts of the country. A couple of technical interviews and the rest were to see the personality fit (I think).

Interview Question – How would you resolve conflicts between 2 team members?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be honest and quote a price for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Senior Project Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Nexant in April 2010.

Interview Details – I introduced why I want to join Nexant, why san Francisco, what I did in my past postions, what's the feedback from my supervisors, colleages. My advise is to bring some succss stories to an interview, be as specifc as possible, be confident.

Interview Question – why nexant   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nexant in November 2011.

Interview Details – Overall, I would say this was a neutral to negative experience for me. Overall, 4 of the 5 reviewers were pleasant and friendly, but the overall fluidity and efficiency of the process wasn't good.

I applied for the job through their website and had a phone interview with one of their HR reps. The rep was nice and asked good questions. One of his questions was if I had any salary expectations. I can't stress enough, don't answer this question unless you really have a very specific number in mind. I almost blew the interview by giving too high a number, but luckily I was qualified enough to get an in-person interview.

I went to the facility and the interview process was not positive overall. First of all, the HR rep said that I would be interviewed by one person, but I was interviewed individually by 4 different people. Would have been nice to know that I was going to be there for 3 hours. Next off, instead of having just a panel interview and then maybe a 1:1 interview with a direct supervisor, I had 4 separate interviews with 4 people, who asked many of the same questions. Each one asked me, "How did you hear about our company?" or "Do you understand what our company does?" and I repeated almost all the same project information to them separately. Could have saved everyone time by doing it all at once. I'm not trying to complain, I'm just saying that for a company of this size, I'm surprised they couldn't streamline this a little more. Another thing, I felt like I was trying to prove my technical skills to them. Personally, my impression is that the hardest thing about this job is working with clients and communicating. They all seemed to understand that some capacity, but I just felt like a lot of them were missing this very obvious and important bottom line. Finally, although it's not that big of a deal, my interview started at 11 AM and went non-stop until almost 2 PM and there wasn't a lunch break. Really?

Overall, they clearly haven't put any thought into streamlining their interview process to even try to look like they know what they're doing. Like I said, most of them were generally pleasant people (I felt one was a little hostile), but it's not just about friendliness. It's about feeling like people are working together in some coherent way. This is the most important opportunity I had to get to know these people with and I did not leave with a good feeling.

But I didn't get an offer, so what do I know?

Interview Questions

Energy Engineer Interview

Energy Engineer
Madison, WI

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nexant in October 2009.

Interview Details – The job opportunity seemed very interesting.
I had two very long phone conversations with employer.
They flew me in to have a face to face interview. They were very nice and receptive people. I spoke with 4 people at the office for a total of 4 hours. They were very detail oriented, and asked me specific questions.

Interview Question – What types of measures have you evaluated?   Answer Question

Worked for Nexant? Contribute to the Community!