Nexant

Updated Nov 8, 2014
Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nexant.

Process was very easy. Simple phone interview to start things off with then come in for a series of 4 to 5 one on ones with current employees ranging from other analysts to partners. Each one on one was different and nothing technical was covered. The interviews consisted of questions prepared and asked by each interviewer. Typical questions were based on resume, past classes and perspectives on current events.

Back and forth with HR

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nexant in September 2014.

The process started with a generic phone interview. The usual questions, strengths and weaknesses, ect were asked. I had a phone call to schedule a follow up interview with in half a day. The second interview was more gathering information about the position than actually answering questions.

Interview Questions
    • What information did you find about Nexant on their website?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nexant.

The interview process was easy to navigate, positive experience overall , professional and engaging. The screening was thorough and follow up really good. The manager interviewing made me feel instantly comfortable. The references and offer stage was smooth overall

Easygoing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nexant.

Several half hour interviews with people of varying backgrounds and levels. Also a 90 minute lunch with two higher-ups to get a feel of the candidate's personality or fit with the Nexant culture

Interview Questions
    • Why consulting versus a position in the petrochemical industry?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nexant.

Phone and on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are from internet, very detailed (Java, Selenium, JMeter)   View Answer
    Offer was made over the phone and next sent to my home address

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nexant in October 2013.

one round of phone technical interview, one round of onsite interview

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nexant.

I came to their attention through a friend-of-a-friend. Interview took place in White Plains with a rotating group of employees at all levels, and was as much of an orientation in the business as a proper interview. Aside from speaking with the senior VP, most of the interviews were not formally structured and each employee went over different aspects of background, teamwork, interests, and motivation in order to get to know you. I learned after being hired that the interviewers gather afterwards to evaluate candidates based on the opinions each one formulates from the individual, caucus style.

Interview Questions
    • What types of multiclient products would you attempt to devise and market for the company?   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation for my very junior, entry-level position.

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nexant.

3 rounds. Inquired of experience. Included behavioral experiences

Did not negotiate

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nexant in February 2013.

Interview process consisted of phone screening, Skype interview and on-site interview. Phone screening was with the engineering manager and basic; went over work experience and other items on the resume. The next was a Skype interview, where we went over my experience in detail and some questions related to the energy industry. On-site interviews were informal. Met with business unit manager, as well as the project manager. They all asked about my experience and talked about the Project Co-ordinator role.

Overall, really good people and interesting industry.

Interview Questions
    • What energy program would be harder to implement: Commercial/Industrial or Small Business?   View Answer

Tough decision, but decided to accept another opportunity that was a better fit and significantly higher pay.

Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Nexant in January 2012.

This process moved swiftly. About 5 weeks from resume to hire. The interviewing was easy, it consisted of one HR interview; one direct reporting interview and a panel.

On boarding was easy, thanks to an office gal who was amazing.

Interview Questions
    • There were no tough questions. I thought this process would have been more difficult, but it was easy.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate. They pay is below average.