Nexenta Systems Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nexenta Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nexenta Systems in January 2014.

After brief phone interview with D. (one of the co-founder) came in person to their Santa Clara office. The on-site interview was a technical group interview (my favorite type) and at the end of the interview I was offered the job. I did not negotiate much, just accepted it. In the evening I received an e-mail from D. that they would like to proceed with the offer on agreed terms. I wrote that it's fine. Later I received an e-mail that some more people would like to speak with me. Little did I know that the interviewing process - after the offer - is NOT OVER!!!

The "problem"guy turned out to be the other co-founder, A. I was warned before talking to him that somehow he does not like me (we never met before). At the end of the day I was told, they would rather proceed with offering me a consultant position - on some shaky terms (no one in sane mind would accept). One day later D. called me and told, the company would withdraw the offer co

I never seen such an unfair practice. During the interview with A. I immediately did see, I am dealing with a workplace-bully. So in some sense I saved myself a vert unpleasant experience later. I think, the company faces a big challenge how to deal with "A" in person.

Interview Questions
    • Q (in Russian): What did you do at Apple?
      A (in Russian, with some pride): Wrote the 68K debugger nub
      Q (in Russian - with some disgust on face): That was long ago, what else you can tell me?

The bullying style of this gentleman was in very big contrast with my experience with other people in this company. I can't understand how it could happen. I do not want to deal with this company anymore, under no circumstances.

Answer Question
    I accepted the offer ( $130K / years + shares) - but two days later the company verbally did withdraw the offer. The explanation was vague at best

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nexenta Systems in July 2010.

been good, for a small growing company its great. Rest it was pretty regular.

Interview Questions
    yes, go for it, negotiate to the best you can.