Nexenta Systems

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nexenta Systems in January 2014.

Interview Details – After brief phone interview with D. (one of the co-founder) came in person to their Santa Clara office. The on-site interview was a technical group interview (my favorite type) and at the end of the interview I was offered the job. I did not negotiate much, just accepted it. In the evening I received an e-mail from D. that they would like to proceed with the offer on agreed terms. I wrote that it's fine. Later I received an e-mail that some more people would like to speak with me. Little did I know that the interviewing process - after the offer - is NOT OVER!!!

The "problem"guy turned out to be the other co-founder, A. I was warned before talking to him that somehow he does not like me (we never met before). At the end of the day I was told, they would rather proceed with offering me a consultant position - on some shaky terms (no one in sane mind would accept). One day later D. called me and told, the company would withdraw the offer co

I never seen such an unfair practice. During the interview with A. I immediately did see, I am dealing with a workplace-bully. So in some sense I saved myself a vert unpleasant experience later. I think, the company faces a big challenge how to deal with "A" in person.

Interview Question – Q (in Russian): What did you do at Apple?
A (in Russian, with some pride): Wrote the 68K debugger nub
Q (in Russian - with some disgust on face): That was long ago, what else you can tell me?

The bullying style of this gentleman was in very big contrast with my experience with other people in this company. I can't understand how it could happen. I do not want to deal with this company anymore, under no circumstances.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer ( $130K / years + shares) - but two days later the company verbally did withdraw the offer. The explanation was vague at best

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Support Engineer Interview

Houston, TX

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Nexenta Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – been good, for a small growing company its great. Rest it was pretty regular.

Interview Question – How flexible are you with traveling?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes, go for it, negotiate to the best you can.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nexenta Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nexenta Systems interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Nexenta Systems employees and interview candidates.