Nexeo Solutions

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Analytical Chemist Interview

Senior Analytical Chemist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nexeo Solutions in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter who screened my qualifications and then directly set up and confirmed interviews with the potential supervisors. From there, I was brought on site for an in-person interview. This interview was informative about what I would be doing and provided me a look into the role that I would be playing and how I could make a difference.

Interview Question – I was asked to consult during my interview on instrumentation for the lab. I was not expecting to be used as a resource as I didn't even know if I was being offered the job. In the end, it was very beneficial so that the lab services were complete and comprehensive for the work we will be doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I countered the offer due to local cost of living and pay averages as well as vacation time relative to my experience. They were not flexible on the increased vacation time but did accept my counter for pay. I decided to accept but feel I was not properly accredited for my years of experience in relation to vacation time.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

Interviewed at Nexeo Solutions

Interview Details – The leaders I met during my interview process are the main reason I joined Nexeo Solutions. The process was very thorough and I found the interviews as focused on my interests and how the organization could challenge/benefit me, as how I could benefit the organization. It was refreshing and spoke to the culture that Nexeo was trying to create.

Interview Question – I was asked for my definition of leadership. I have been asked what I like in a boss before, but rarely have I had an interviewer ask for my insights into what makes a good leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was very simple. We had an honest conversation about the marketplace and the value I desired to create in Nexeo.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Account Manager Interview

Sales Account Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nexeo Solutions in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very efficient hiring and interview process.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was reasonable and fair.

Training and Development Interview

Training and Development
The Woodlands, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at Nexeo Solutions in February 2014.

Interview Details – Lengthy process. In my case they reached out to me. I had a couple of phone interviews with a junior HR rep. Then was finally called in for a face to face. I was asked to give a presentation and given an interview schedule. to my shock it was 6 hours. I was to present at 8am (crazy) and then meet with 5 others for an hour each. It was a lengthy process but hey that's the game. What was extremely unprofessional is they said they would make a decision and let me know by a certain day and nothing. No call, no email, not letter. I invested hours preparing for the interview then committed an entire day, to not even been given the respect of a no. This is a blessing these are not the type of people you would want to work for anyway.

Interview Question – My possible future manager who interviewed me asked no questions. He was so full of himself all he did was talk, idiot.   Answer Question

SAP ABAP Human Resources Applications Developer Interview

SAP ABAP Human Resources Applications Developer
The Woodlands, TX

I interviewed at Nexeo Solutions in April 2012.

Interview Details – Contract Position as SAP HR ABAP Consultant. Two Rounds of interview. One technical and the other with the Manager and HR. In depth Testing of technical knowledge. Professionally Managed Process.

Interview Question – Detailed step by step process of creation of an Infotype. The question was not difficult or unexpected, but detailed explanation was kind of grilling since you were expected to follow the sequence and elaborate on every step the screens and GUI Elements and the process.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

Interviewed at Nexeo Solutions

Interview Details – Formal interview with external recruiter followed by an interview with the internal HR dept. Typical project manager questions were asked. The on-site interview was more based around how quick you could think on your feet and your ability to strategize on the spot.

Interview Question – Walk me through how you would develop a strategy to cut costs for a particular process or project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was fairly standard. They did not low ball the offer which was great and had flexibility to increase the overall base salary.

Customer Service Supervisor West Coast Interview

Customer Service Supervisor West Coast
Dublin, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Nexeo Solutions in June 2013.

Interview Details – Appears to not have an HR central process. I was called several times to move around dates and a revolving door of people to meet. Typical panel interview with canned behavioral questions. Horrible lack of processes for a candidate to follow-up on next steps, makes you question the organization.

Interview Question – Not really any were difficult but there were many questions as associates rotated around the panel asking a scripted behavioral form   Answer Question

RSM Interview

RSM
East Orange, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nexeo Solutions in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with DSM was pretty straight-forward; more Interviewer outlines than questions. Some screening of answers, but emphasis was laying out opportunity rather than probing the candidate's skill sets to match. First of 3 Panel Interviews was fair, straight forward, more pointed; definetely a GOOD COP BAD COP scenario of Interviewers.

Interview Question – None stood out in this area.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. It was an Offer with a package---or leave it.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Nexeo Solutions.

Interview Details – hired by the previous company Ashland Distribution. Did not need to reinterview with Nexeo. althought Nexeo management gives their district managers due dates on when they need to have a new hiree on board by.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Inventory Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nexeo Solutions.

Interview Details – Went through one phone interview and one in-person interview. The interview process was a bit different as the manager started discussing everything about the company, what the job is, and in some ways took over the interview. It was difficult getting my own opinion in the conversation unless interrupting the manager.

Interview Question – Given the scenario of a supervisor telling you are wrong repeatedly, what would you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Worked for Nexeo Solutions? Contribute to the Community!