Nexeo Solutions

Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.8

Vice President Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nexeo Solutions in September 2014.

It was a very professional and responsive process. I was contacted by a recruiter initally, but once i began contact with Nexeo's staff they were very friendly and they scheduled an intial meeting very quickly. I met my boss, and a couple other sr. executives at the first round of interviews. I came back a week later for a second round of interviews with my peers and other executives. And then lastly met with a board member. Everyone was very professional and open about the business and expectations for my position.

Interview Questions
    • They were very interested in my level of understanding of the Transportation industry and unique characteristics of bulk trailer management and environmental services.   Answer Question
    They presented a fair fair offer from the start. There was not a difficult negotiation.

Senior Manager Interview

The leaders I met during my interview process are the main reason I joined Nexeo Solutions. The process was very thorough and I found the interviews as focused on my interests and how the organization could challenge/benefit me, as how I could benefit the organization. It was refreshing and spoke to the culture that Nexeo was trying to create.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked for my definition of leadership. I have been asked what I like in a boss before, but rarely have I had an interviewer ask for my insights into what makes a good leader.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was very simple. We had an honest conversation about the marketplace and the value I desired to create in Nexeo.

Senior Analytical Chemist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nexeo Solutions in May 2014.

I was first contacted by a recruiter who screened my qualifications and then directly set up and confirmed interviews with the potential supervisors. From there, I was brought on site for an in-person interview. This interview was informative about what I would be doing and provided me a look into the role that I would be playing and how I could make a difference.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to consult during my interview on instrumentation for the lab. I was not expecting to be used as a resource as I didn't even know if I was being offered the job. In the end, it was very beneficial so that the lab services were complete and comprehensive for the work we will be doing.   Answer Question
    I countered the offer due to local cost of living and pay averages as well as vacation time relative to my experience. They were not flexible on the increased vacation time but did accept my counter for pay. I decided to accept but feel I was not properly accredited for my years of experience in relation to vacation time.

Training and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at Nexeo Solutions in February 2014.

Lengthy process. In my case they reached out to me. I had a couple of phone interviews with a junior HR rep. Then was finally called in for a face to face. I was asked to give a presentation and given an interview schedule. to my shock it was 6 hours. I was to present at 8am (crazy) and then meet with 5 others for an hour each. It was a lengthy process but hey that's the game. What was extremely unprofessional is they said they would make a decision and let me know by a certain day and nothing. No call, no email, not letter. I invested hours preparing for the interview then committed an entire day, to not even been given the respect of a no. This is a blessing these are not the type of people you would want to work for anyway.

Interview Questions
    • My possible future manager who interviewed me asked no questions. He was so full of himself all he did was talk, idiot.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Formal interview with external recruiter followed by an interview with the internal HR dept. Typical project manager questions were asked. The on-site interview was more based around how quick you could think on your feet and your ability to strategize on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through how you would develop a strategy to cut costs for a particular process or project?   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was fairly standard. They did not low ball the offer which was great and had flexibility to increase the overall base salary.

Customer Service Supervisor West Coast Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Nexeo Solutions in June 2013.

Appears to not have an HR central process. I was called several times to move around dates and a revolving door of people to meet. Typical panel interview with canned behavioral questions. Horrible lack of processes for a candidate to follow-up on next steps, makes you question the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any were difficult but there were many questions as associates rotated around the panel asking a scripted behavioral form   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Nexeo Solutions.

hired by the previous company Ashland Distribution. Did not need to reinterview with Nexeo. althought Nexeo management gives their district managers due dates on when they need to have a new hiree on board by.

Inventory Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nexeo Solutions.

Went through one phone interview and one in-person interview. The interview process was a bit different as the manager started discussing everything about the company, what the job is, and in some ways took over the interview. It was difficult getting my own opinion in the conversation unless interrupting the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Given the scenario of a supervisor telling you are wrong repeatedly, what would you do in that situation?   Answer Question

RSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nexeo Solutions in January 2013.

Phone Interview with DSM was pretty straight-forward; more Interviewer outlines than questions. Some screening of answers, but emphasis was laying out opportunity rather than probing the candidate's skill sets to match. First of 3 Panel Interviews was fair, straight forward, more pointed; definetely a GOOD COP BAD COP scenario of Interviewers.

Interview Questions
    There was none. It was an Offer with a package---or leave it.

Pricing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nexeo Solutions.

I was interviewed by five employees after being referred to Nexeo by InnoSource Solutions (placement agency). I was asked multiple questions about my background and abilities. Questions were asked several times, worded differently - each question required several minutes to respond, as they were never simple yes or no questions. This caused the interview to drag out over a very long period of time. Nexeo HR would benefit from reviewing their interview process and streamlining it down a considerable amount.

Interview Questions
    • The fist question asked was "Have you ever been in a situation where you were forced to take the responsibility for a problem that you did not cause?"   View Answer