Nexsan Technologies

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Nexsan Technologies in February 2012.

Interview Details – Went to the company for a programming test. test was fairly simple and time allotted to do it is enough. It is about matching strings from a binary file but without using regex. Also, there are other conditions such as matching case sensitive as well as case insensitive strings.

Time given is 3 hrs and it will be a pice of cake if you know C# because sample code is given in C#. But the test can be done in any language of your choice ragardless.

Interview Question – Cannot use Regular expressions in test   Answer Question

Dorval, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nexsan Technologies in November 2012.

Interview Details – Most of the interview process took place at their office where I did a 3 hour test and then (after that was deemed acceptable) a one on one interview with the person I would be working with, which lasted about an hour. Then I met with the product manager and saw the server room--which was pretty neat. Then within a couple days I recieved a phone call from the hiring manager who talked to me about my expectations and other offers, then they made me an offer. Since the offer was made I was taken out to the office again to meet some people who had come to the company more recently. Those talks were very helpful--push for that if you have the chance.

Interview Question – Why is a man hole cover round?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other offers were better

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nexsan Technologies in February 2012.

Interview Details – Met a Nexsan HR at Career Fair and applied.
Two weeks and I got a programming test call in the Montreal Office. After clearing the test, they scheduled an Interview which was mostly based on the content of my resume. Some questions about my projects i listed and some java questions.
It was all good.
But after few weeks, they asked me to meet another team lead for an interview, who also checked my familiarity with java. Then a final interview with VP who asked me about my projects and asked to explain my role in the project and issues i countered in the project.
Then an offer was made.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Just make sure you know your resume well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Newly graduate student - no negotiation.

Interviewed at Nexsan Technologies

Interview Details – Got called to the office to do a software test for 3 hours. The test is to ask you write a small program which can read a binary file and find the strings that match "nexsan" and "nexsan technology". It said that the file is really large so that the program shouldnt read it twice. And there are other details but I dont remember

Interview Question – cannot use regular expression   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nexsan Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nexsan Technologies interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nexsan Technologies employees and interview candidates.