Next Jump Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.8

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA).

Interview

Brief phone screen, final Super Saturday at their office that was elaborate with over three 1:1 interviews and then presentations by randomly formed teams. If you're really good, they might invite you for lunch with the CEO during the day long process Great interview process and took care of the candidates well but is difficult to know what they're really looking for.

Web Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump.

Interview

I applied through career fair at my university. Got an email for interviews, both cultural and technical the next day and got an invitation to the super day in about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Different data structures in object oriented programming   Answer Question
    • Explain what inheritance is   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you disappointed yourself or other people and what you learned from the experience   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you helped other people   Answer Question

Web Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied from University Career Fair. First phone interview was all about behavior questions like tell your grow-up experience and describe one of your difficult situations. After a week, I got a second interview about technical questions, including data structure, database, front-end skills (HTML, CSS, javascripts). Then, I got an email for next round onsite interview in one or two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Your grow-up experience; Describe the difficulty that you meet and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on campus, then phone interview, finally day-long onsite interview which had a written technical test, group presentation challenge and four rounds of behavioral interviews. Long process but they keep you comfortable with lots of food and adequate breaks.

Web Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

On-campus recruitment, it was a 30 minute behavioral interview followed by a 30 minute technical interview with mixed questions about OOP, PHP, Algorithms, Database Design and HTML/CSS. Pretty basic questions if you know your way around web development in general. You really gotta find out about their culture to give good answers for the behavioral, because thats (according to themselves) the main thing that disqualifies a candidate (I aced the technical but it seems I didn't do well on the behavioral).

Interview Questions

• How can you align three divs to be besides one another (colums)   2 Answers
    • Design a simple movie app database   Answer Question

Interview

1st onsite is more of a company fit test. Just to see if you would be a good fit. Just be very comfortable and easy to talk to. Not that difficult

Web Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They have a yearly activity called Next Jump's Super Saturday, you get to visit their NY office and are interviewed multiple times. I was a whole day but the Next Jump team is very helpful and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Multiple personal questions. I also had to setup crons in linux, a web server with mariadb and debug a php script.   1 Answer

Web Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I applied through my college's career fair. The interview was pretty basic. It was divided into two parts, 30 minutes each. The first one was something like an informal talk about my background and things like that. The second one was a technical interview. The questions included: a. Markup + CSS for two floated boxes separated by 200px empty space between them. b. Find the the most repeated element in an array. c. What is a class, object, inheritance? d. What is a linked list? Where is it better than an unsorted array? e. Some pretty basic Big Oh questions. I don't remember what exactly it was but was something along the lines of what's the insertion time for a linked-list. f. Design DB tables for a gaming site. g. Write a SQL query to get the most recent ratings of all the games sorted by their ratings (each game has multiple rows of ratings). Pretty standard case of using subqueries.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty easy- nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Business Side Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY).

Interview

First round phone interview conducted; second round invitation to the NYC office for a 9-hour-interview. It was by far the worst interview that I've had in my life. I've had fair share of interviews with Fortune 500 companies. I have never seen a company or a set of employees who didn't seem insightful about what they do. Of course, they are smart, energetic, and committed to what they do; but, I can definitely see how this company will go off to a tangent. How about spending some money on continuous innovation to diversify your product offering so that the company can at least exist 5 years later? I had no vision whatsoever with the product nor the company. People seem nice but very obnoxious type. I think I've heard of the word "culture", "fit","people" more than 200 times throughout the day. I was glad the day was over walking out of the office. Just stop embellishing about your culture and people. Culture exists everywhere and can only be articulated collectively, you don't need an explanation and embellishment about it.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions that I was asked was difficult nor challenging.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Interview

I was shortlisted through my college career fair. They contacted me through mail. I had a first phone interview which was purely behavioral . 30 minutes questions including : What did you do in your project in your work ex? Have you felt anytime disappointed during your work and how did u overcame that? Can u stretch? A difficult situation where you were in and how did you came out of it. I got through . Second round is due

Interview Questions

• Explain yourself in context of what your manager sees you as an asset? & Explain yourself as a person that people see you as?   Answer Question