Next Jump

Relevance Date Difficulty

General Occupation Interview

General Occupation
Cambridge, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Next Jump in April 2010.

Interview Details – HR asks couple of questions about your personality, if you answer some arrogant answers, you will get red flag and they will not call you back no matter what your technical skills are.
As some employees feedback here, tell them when NextJump will be next Google, how can you help them to do that. They like to hear those sentences.
You need to make HR or person who interviews you feel so great, be very positive then you will get the job. Your technical skills are not that important to get the job because HR people are inexperienced and they're driven by their emotions.

Multiple choice and simulation test were the hardest one and I knew that I failed, however I got the job cause I suggested them that I could help NextJump to be next Google, it was piece of cake.

Interview Question – Did you take part in a team, do you like teamwork?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Next Jump in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with two people. One was more technical - did some sql. The other was more seeing if I was fit for the culture. Second was Super Saturday which was a skills test, a coding exercise, two interviews with employees, and a group presentation. Everyone seemed fairly nice. I asked quite a few questions about Next Jump which may have reflected positively on me.

Interview Question – Describe one time when you have failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I only asked for a longer time period to think about the offer and the location (NYC)

Cambridge, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Next Jump in February 2011.

Interview Details – I went to Super Saturday where for one day a bunch of candidates take tests, make pitches, listen to presentations, etc. NextJump has everything in place to be a great environment to work in. All the standard perks and then some: food, in-house gym facility, laundry service, etc. The big question left unanswered is the atmosphere. How are the people? The signals I got on this were mixed. Most of the employees (especially the programmers) seemed unenthusiastic and aloof. A few were more excited. That coupled with the numerous bad reviews on glassdoor should make one very wary... Could be a great place to work or an awful one that's posing as an awesome one (which I would say is far worse). Hard to say from my limited perspective and things could change for better or worse at any time.

Interview Question – Describe a time in your life where you were in a disadvantaged position.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Web Applications Developer Interview

Web Applications Developer
Ithaca, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Next Jump in September 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume during career fair and had a great conversation with the recruiter talking about my past experiences. It kind of felt like an interview with all the detailed questions he asked.
During the interview, I was asked to talk about everything on my resume. The recruiter was really friendly. The conversation was very casual.

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Next Jump in February 2011.

Interview Details – I spoke with a couple of Next Jump representatives at my university's career fair and they invited me to interview. The interview took about an hour and consisted of two parts. The first was an HR interview during which I was asked all of the typical questions: what do you do with your free time, talk about an experience working in a group, things like that. Nothing too difficult. The second part was completely technical. The guy basically quizzed me on all of the basic data structures and asked a few questions about HTML and CSS. Both of the interviewers were very nice, The technical interviewer laughed A LOT, even while I was writing code on a notepad as he watched. It made me feel a bit nervous about the code!

After the interview, I was invited by email to Super Saturday (or was in Sunday?) in NYC. Since I had no car, NYC is three or four hours away, and Next Jump's events began early in the morning, it would have been too much of a hassle to attend, so I declined. Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• How would you center a div?   View Answers (3)
  • What is the big O notation of finding an element in a binary search tree? A linked list? A hash table? Etc   Answer Question

Network Administrator Interview

Network Administrator
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Next Jump in April 2011.

Interview Details – First the HR interview and Then a Technical Interview after a week.Ech interview was about 15 minutes. They are friendly, you go for super saturday if clearde this two rounds.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Next Jump?
    2. What you planning after next 5 years?
    3. You and your supervisor relation? Any difficulties at current job. how is it been solved?
      Answer Question
  • 1.What is Spanning Tree?
    2. What is VLAN?
    3. Difference betwwen VLan and Spanning Tree
    4. Explain TCP Flow Control
    5. Linux Familiarity and Line Commands
      Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
New York, NY

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Next Jump in March 2011.

Interview Details – I got the interview form campus event, just a normal 1:1 interview, and the HR ask you some behavior questions such as Why us? Talking about your projects on your resume.

Entry Level Position Interview

Entry Level Position
New York, NY

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a phone interview followed by a 1 on 1 bahavioural interview. A written test consisting of questions from java, oops, algorithms were aksed... a online test was given .. time was a constraint for both the tests.. i felt that the time given wasn't suffiicient at all.

people were really professional and everything was organized very well...

Interview Question – programming questions were simple but time given was not suffiicient..   Answer Question

Web Applications Developer Interview

Web Applications Developer
Pittsburgh, PA

Interview Details – I had on campus 1:1 and 30 minutes interview - behavioral interview. Interviewer was very nice and friendly.
the questions I could remember was as followings:

- why next jump?
- what percentage would you give; development or strategic?
- tell me about your conflict and how you resolve the problems

Very Easy Interview

Client Services Associate Interview

Client Services Associate
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Next Jump in October 2010.

Interview Details – consisted of an entire day of 3 interviews, a presentation on a powerpoint you had to develop on leadership qualities you feel are important, and a talk by the ceo at the end. interviews were all behavioral

Interview Question – who was the most successful person you know personally   Answer Question