Next Jump

Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.8

Web Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Next Jump in February 2012.

I met them first at our career fair. There were one round of behavior on test and a technical phone interview before this event called "super Saturday".
    They would pay for all expense for the trip to they NYC headquarter. The super Saturday includes a series of interview through out the day. 1, a written test on paper for basic software engineering topics, it's not hard but comprehensive. a on-computer test mainly for html, css, and javascript, the main content is to replicate the demos by using css, html, javascript.
    2, talking to empolyees, introduction of teams' job. (seems not interviewing)
    3, behavior interview by two employees. not HR people but employees.

Interview Questions
    • written test on paper,
      1, basic sort algorithm knowledge.
      2, basic design patterns.
      3, basic java, c, question asking for expected result.

written test on computer,
      use css to reproduce this (series vertically aligned input and their labels; a red square on top of a big blue square)
      pure javascript test, ( x=function (){ return something; }; )

View Answer

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Next Jump in September 2011.

I submitted my resume during career fair and had a great conversation with the recruiter talking about my past experiences. It kind of felt like an interview with all the detailed questions he asked.
    During the interview, I was asked to talk about everything on my resume. The recruiter was really friendly. The conversation was very casual.

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Next Jump in April 2011.

First the HR interview and Then a Technical Interview after a week.Ech interview was about 15 minutes. They are friendly, you go for super saturday if clearde this two rounds.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why Next Jump?
      2. What you planning after next 5 years?
      3. You and your supervisor relation? Any difficulties at current job. how is it been solved?

Answer Question
    • 1.What is Spanning Tree?
      2. What is VLAN?
      3. Difference betwwen VLan and Spanning Tree
      4. Explain TCP Flow Control
      5. Linux Familiarity and Line Commands

Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Next Jump in March 2011.

I got the interview form campus event, just a normal 1:1 interview, and the HR ask you some behavior questions such as Why us? Talking about your projects on your resume.

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Next Jump in February 2011.

The interview consisted of a phone interview followed by a 1 on 1 bahavioural interview. A written test consisting of questions from java, oops, algorithms were aksed... a online test was given .. time was a constraint for both the tests.. i felt that the time given wasn't suffiicient at all.

people were really professional and everything was organized very well...

Interview Questions
    • programming questions were simple but time given was not suffiicient..   Answer Question

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I had on campus 1:1 and 30 minutes interview - behavioral interview. Interviewer was very nice and friendly.
    the questions I could remember was as followings:

- why next jump?
    - what percentage would you give; development or strategic?
    - tell me about your conflict and how you resolve the problems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I spoke with a couple of Next Jump representatives at my university's career fair and they invited me to interview. The interview took about an hour and consisted of two parts. The first was an HR interview during which I was asked all of the typical questions: what do you do with your free time, talk about an experience working in a group, things like that. Nothing too difficult. The second part was completely technical. The guy basically quizzed me on all of the basic data structures and asked a few questions about HTML and CSS. Both of the interviewers were very nice, The technical interviewer laughed A LOT, even while I was writing code on a notepad as he watched. It made me feel a bit nervous about the code!

After the interview, I was invited by email to Super Saturday (or was in Sunday?) in NYC. Since I had no car, NYC is three or four hours away, and Next Jump's events began early in the morning, it would have been too much of a hassle to attend, so I declined. Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • How would you center a div?   View Answers (3)
    • What is the big O notation of finding an element in a binary search tree? A linked list? A hash table? Etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Next Jump in February 2011.

I went to Super Saturday where for one day a bunch of candidates take tests, make pitches, listen to presentations, etc. NextJump has everything in place to be a great environment to work in. All the standard perks and then some: food, in-house gym facility, laundry service, etc. The big question left unanswered is the atmosphere. How are the people? The signals I got on this were mixed. Most of the employees (especially the programmers) seemed unenthusiastic and aloof. A few were more excited. That coupled with the numerous bad reviews on glassdoor should make one very wary... Could be a great place to work or an awful one that's posing as an awesome one (which I would say is far worse). Hard to say from my limited perspective and things could change for better or worse at any time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your life where you were in a disadvantaged position.   Answer Question

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Next Jump in October 2010.

consisted of an entire day of 3 interviews, a presentation on a powerpoint you had to develop on leadership qualities you feel are important, and a talk by the ceo at the end. interviews were all behavioral

Interview Questions
    • who was the most successful person you know personally   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Next Jump in October 2010.

Initial interview was with two people. One was more technical - did some sql. The other was more seeing if I was fit for the culture. Second was Super Saturday which was a skills test, a coding exercise, two interviews with employees, and a group presentation. Everyone seemed fairly nice. I asked quite a few questions about Next Jump which may have reflected positively on me.

Interview Questions
    I only asked for a longer time period to think about the offer and the location (NYC)