Next Jump Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

I was shortlisted through my college career fair.
They contacted me through mail.

I had a first phone interview which was purely behavioral . 30 minutes questions including :
What did you do in your project in your work ex?
Have you felt anytime disappointed during your work and how did u overcame that?
Can u stretch?
A difficult situation where you were in and how did you came out of it.

I got through . Second round is due

Interview Questions
  • Explain yourself in context of what your manager sees you as an asset?

&

Explain yourself as a person that people see you as?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Next Jump

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Next Jump in February 2013.

Behavior questions for 30 minutes about the most challenging project, why you want this position, why you think you are a good fit, what kind of internship experience are you looking for. Then 30 minutes technical questions about HTML, CSS and Database

Interview Questions
    • Give me the desired result of web page design and want me to write the html and css   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Next Jump.

The whole process involved several tests, group activity along with a group presentation, and software demos of the company

Interview Questions
    • The long interview process was a big burden because there were 5 interviews in a single day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Next Jump in March 2012.

When the company is telling you they are hiring the best while I have never heard about them before and that in the same time you have never experienced a so easy programming skill test, you know something is going wrong.
    They even tell us during the final/last presentation, that they don't hire people that are think they don't have to learn anything from their company. In other words, they don't hire skilled people. Just to give you an idea, the programming questions are roughly about how to compute a sorted array containing only odd numbers from a sorted array...
    So if you think you are a below average developer, this company is made for you.
    Personally, I didn't make any effort to get the offer and even if I got it, I would have refused it.
    My overall interview experience for that company is negative since I didn't learn any useful things for other interviews, except maybe how an easy and useless interview process looks like.

Interview Questions
    • Find the longest palindrom from a string.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Next Jump in October 2010.

Initial interview was with two people. One was more technical - did some sql. The other was more seeing if I was fit for the culture. Second was Super Saturday which was a skills test, a coding exercise, two interviews with employees, and a group presentation. Everyone seemed fairly nice. I asked quite a few questions about Next Jump which may have reflected positively on me.

Interview Questions
    I only asked for a longer time period to think about the offer and the location (NYC)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Next Jump in February 2011.

I went to Super Saturday where for one day a bunch of candidates take tests, make pitches, listen to presentations, etc. NextJump has everything in place to be a great environment to work in. All the standard perks and then some: food, in-house gym facility, laundry service, etc. The big question left unanswered is the atmosphere. How are the people? The signals I got on this were mixed. Most of the employees (especially the programmers) seemed unenthusiastic and aloof. A few were more excited. That coupled with the numerous bad reviews on glassdoor should make one very wary... Could be a great place to work or an awful one that's posing as an awesome one (which I would say is far worse). Hard to say from my limited perspective and things could change for better or worse at any time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your life where you were in a disadvantaged position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Next Jump in February 2011.

I spoke with a couple of Next Jump representatives at my university's career fair and they invited me to interview. The interview took about an hour and consisted of two parts. The first was an HR interview during which I was asked all of the typical questions: what do you do with your free time, talk about an experience working in a group, things like that. Nothing too difficult. The second part was completely technical. The guy basically quizzed me on all of the basic data structures and asked a few questions about HTML and CSS. Both of the interviewers were very nice, The technical interviewer laughed A LOT, even while I was writing code on a notepad as he watched. It made me feel a bit nervous about the code!

After the interview, I was invited by email to Super Saturday (or was in Sunday?) in NYC. Since I had no car, NYC is three or four hours away, and Next Jump's events began early in the morning, it would have been too much of a hassle to attend, so I declined. Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • How would you center a div?   View Answers (3)
    • What is the big O notation of finding an element in a binary search tree? A linked list? A hash table? Etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Next Jump in September 2010.

Had 2 rounds of interview. The first round was behavioral. Asking questions about failure, why Next Jump, how much of time would you spend between development and strategies. Interviewer was really friendly and helpful.

The second round was technical and a little behavioral. The interviewer was great. I was asked to design a schema for an e-commerce platform with a recommendation system. I was not well prepared for this so didn't do too well on this portion. Other questions were based on what he saw on my resume. At the end, he thought I was more suitable for other roles than software engineer so that was pretty much the end of it.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a database schema for an e-commerce platform?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Next Jump in February 2010.

On-campus interview, 30 minutes with HR -- very personal, easy-going.
    On-campus technical interview, 30 minutes with Engineer -- not extremely technical. Mostly experience questions, very few curve-balls.

Superday in Boston among 50 candidates. Very well organized and put-together. Awesome food, chance to meet employees and other candidates, office tour, overall very positive.

30 question multiple choice technical skills test which I don't think was weighted heavily.
    Also, programming skills test where you had to code some extremely simple webpage in an hour, did not finish but still got offer.
    Group mock presentation with silly team names from geeky movies. Overall low pressure, easy going.
    Two face-to-face interviews, one more technical, one more personality.
    Several presentations throughout the day that do a really good job selling NextJump.

Be natural, but be on guard when speaking with employees in seeming low-pressure situations, they record sentiment from every conversation you have!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Next Jump in September 2009.

They had come to the career fair at my University and called me for an interview the very next day.
    The first round was 20 mins HR.
    Describe a situation when you had to overcome obstacles type behavioral questions
    where do you see yourself in 5 years etc
    The next 20 mins were Technical.
    I was asked about binary search- that was easy
    Then I was given a tricky problem which took me some time
    Given a date which is a palindrome like 10/02/2001
    find the date just before it which was also a palindrome..

Interview Questions

Worked for Next Jump? Contribute to the Community!