Next Retail

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.0

Christmas Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartlepool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartlepool, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Next Retail in December 2014.

I applied online and received a call a month or so later, I was asked a couple of very simple questions, about my experience and customer service. I was offered the temp Christmas job, straight away, on the phone. I was booked into an induction within the next week, where I had to take along right to work docs and details of references. It was a very straight forward process.

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Next Retail in November 2014.

I applied for the role of Stockroom Assistant through Next's website on a Tuesday, was contacted for an interview on Wednesday and had the interview on Thursday.

The interview was not very formal at all, and really revolved around hands-on practice and how I interacted with other stockroom workers. I was asked to bring a copy of my CV and birth certificate/passport for the Assistant Manager, and that was really the only interaction I had with her.

In the stockroom, I was assigned to a long-term member of staff who demonstrated the basics before allowing me to get some hands-on experience. These basic tasks included: putting clothes away on the correct rails, security tagging products, applying age labels to hangers and how to send products down to the shop floor.

For this exercise, I was paid £10 in cash and received a £10 gift card - a most generous offer that I feel more employers should take in.

At the end of my time in the stockroom, I was notified immediately by the Assistant Manager that I had got the job and was asked to register online to confirm my details and give further information (such as my bank account information, etc.)

Overall, I would say that the hiring and interview process was a very positive experience.

Christmas Temp Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Next Retail in September 2014.

I applied for the job online and within 2 days received a phone call asking if i could come in the next day for a practical interview. 4 hours work and paid £10 and a £10 gift card. There was 2 other girls and we was all split up into different departments. i was first put in the changing rooms which was easy, fun. but the lady who was there watching me thought i should go back to college and not bother working there?. an hour later i was put into the general clothes part where i had to tidy the clothes? there's only so much tidying you can possibly do. i spent 4 hours on my feet with no drink bored. we was then taken upstairs and each taken i one by one to talk to the supervisor. i was last to go in and told straight away that another girl was much better and much more confident then i was but of course i could apply again. no thanks.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Next Retail in September 2013.

Applied for the job online. They then rang me and asked me to come in for an interview. I went into the managers office and she went over my CV with me and asked me a few questions. She then asked competency questions on customer service and asked what I would do in certain scenarios. I received an email a couple of days afterwards offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service mean to you?
      Why do you want to work for Next?

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Customer Service Advisor At Next Directory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enderby, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enderby, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Next Retail.

Interview with recruiter, assignment to check my language sent by e-mail, telephone interview with Next, face-to-face interview at Next, assessment day to check customer service skills and language skills.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were open, closed, situational, behavioral. Good structure of questions, every question was about position specification and qualities required for it nothing more than that. The best interviewer in my life.   Answer Question
    to be open, honest and not too nervous, people in HR there are very kind and could support you.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Next Retail in January 2013.

Through agency. One interview, no hr present. Promised to pay expenses, but only paid half about two months later. Took them three weeks to get back to me with feedback.
    Absolutely useless hr department......I have been told this by numerous agencies.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Next Retail in September 2012.

Manager introduced herself and explained about the role, hours and days of vacancy and benefits of the role. They then went through my CV and asked about previous experience and about me as a person. The interview consisted of different questions about how you would give good customer care, what you would do if a customer tried on a pair of shoes that were too narrow, why I applied for Next. I then had a shopfloor exercise serving customers on the fitting rooms and shoes department whilst being observed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Next Retail in June 2012.

Initially my friend applied for a job and got an interview, she was offered the position at the end of the interview on the same day so, as I was keen for a job, I applied that evening. I was phoned a few days later for interview the next day. My interview was very brief and I was asked the usual previous customer service experience, dealing with a problem and as part of a team and why I wanted to work for the company. I was offered the position straight after, filled in my payment details right there and then and had my induction a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • None were particularly difficult as I am used to the interview process.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Next Retail in June 2012.

quick in store interview usually lasts 30mins

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if a customer asked you for help ordering furniture and you were not trained on the department?   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colne, North West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colne, North West England, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Next Retail in August 2011.

The interview process i would say is that it was easy. this is because i applied at a time when there were no employment freezes.i was asked to attend and interview and answer some verbal questions and say how i would proceed in certain situations, if they arose.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer asked for a pair of suit trousers to compliment their jacket and were not in stock, what would you do ?   View Answer
    there was no option to negotiate and i was asked to attend an induction day at the local store where the interview was held