Next Retail Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.5

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

I handed in my CV, later heard back and was requested to attend a face to face interview with department manager. Formal interview with relaxed atmosphere. Interview was carried out in the local store that I would be working in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Next Retail

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

Completed the online assessment and received a phone call the same day. After a quick phone interview, I was invited for an assessment the next day in-store. Upon arriving I was told the position was now only 7 hours over two days, which was a lot less than advertised. I was asked to assist on tills, put out stock and have a general tidy of the store. This lasted about 40 minutes. Afterwards, the lady shadowing me gave me a £10 voucher and £10 cash for my troubles, but told me she wanted someone with more retail experience, even though she knew about my experience before I was invited for my interview.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions during phone interview. No questions, just practical work during in store assessment   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Next Retail (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Heard back a week later that they were considering my application. 2 weeks later that they called to arrange a telephone interview. they asked 4 questions, things like "what does good customer service mean to you" "tell me something you're passionate about" "talk to me about what experience you have with customers" "why would you like to work for us". Then he said I'm successful and would like me to come to an interview a few days later and to dress formal. The actual interview was not an interview at all, it was a hands on assessment. Went in, they'd staggered interviews throughout the day so it was only ever two people at one time. Me and the other candidate had our passports and ni number proof photocopied. then we were told to come down to the shop floor, we were given half a department each and were supposed to tidy up the railings and smile at customers and help if they come to you with a query but without attacking them by asking if they need help. Problem was my assessment was midday on a school day, there were no customers. And other real staff were still on duty so the railings were perfectly neat and organised. So it was a sucky assessment, there was no way to stand out when there were such few customers in the store. Basically you need to come off as super bubbly and ask them about the weather and anything you can think of, do not wander around aimlessly under any circumstances, always look busy. She gave me a £10 note and £10 next gift card as a nice gesture and to cover travel expenses. She told us immediately after whether we were hired or not.

Interview Questions

• "what does good customer service mean to you" "tell me something you're passionate about" "talk to me about what experience you have with customers" "why would you like to work for us"   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Next Retail (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

After the phone interview I got called into the store for a trial shift where they told me it would have 1-2 hours, it took exactly 2 hours and I was exhausted, realised a retail job isn't for me. The people at the store were very nice and welcoming during my trial shift, the management teem seemed a little snobby but I guess they have to be.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Next Retail (Oxford, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied through sending in CV online. I was then phoned by individual store and asked a few questions about my customer service experience, before attending a group interview, followed by a short 1:1 session with a manager.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is relevant to this role?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Next Retail (Plymouth, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

quick in store interview usually lasts 30mins

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer asked you for help ordering furniture and you were not trained on the department?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colne, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Next Retail (Colne, North West England, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process i would say is that it was easy. this is because i applied at a time when there were no employment freezes.i was asked to attend and interview and answer some verbal questions and say how i would proceed in certain situations, if they arose.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked for a pair of suit trousers to compliment their jacket and were not in stock, what would you do ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no option to negotiate and i was asked to attend an induction day at the local store where the interview was held

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Next Retail in February 2010.

Interview

Telephone interview, then group and one to one interview

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Next Retail in November 2009.

Interview

Firstly we were put into groups and had to do tasks. After that it was 1:1 interviews. As it was my first interview I was very nervous and as a result didn't get the job. I wouldn't reccomend NEXT as a suitable job for students anyway - my friend was on a 5 hour contract and they were making her work up to 35 hrs a week while she was still at school. She had to leave in the end.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walsall, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Next Retail (Walsall, England (UK)) in September 2009.

Interview

they asked about my cv and how i would deal with a difficult customer. they asked me where do i see customers when i walk in to the store. they asked me if i wnted a career progression.

Interview Questions

• where do you see customers when you walk through the door?   1 Answer
    • how would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer