Next Retail

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

1.3

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Next Retail.

I applied online and received a phone call around a month later. They asked if I was available for a phone interview which consisted of 4 quick questions. I was then invited in for an assessment in which I had to act like I worked in Next while someone assessed me - I was in the fitting room. After this I was asked to wait in the staff room while the people assessing discussed what they had seen from me. I was invited through to a meeting room and told there was good news and bad news as they wanted to take me on but the sales assistant jobs (which I applied for) were all gone so would I take a stockroom assistant job to which I said yes anyway. I was given £10 cash for my travels and a £10 next voucher to thank me for attending the interview. I started work around 2 weeks later. Very informal and pleasant.

Interview Questions
I was offered a stockroom assistant job although I applied for sales assistant but I was happy to take the role.

Other Interview Reviews for Next Retail

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Next Retail in November 2014.

I applied for the role of Stockroom Assistant through Next's website on a Tuesday, was contacted for an interview on Wednesday and had the interview on Thursday.

The interview was not very formal at all, and really revolved around hands-on practice and how I interacted with other stockroom workers. I was asked to bring a copy of my CV and birth certificate/passport for the Assistant Manager, and that was really the only interaction I had with her.

In the stockroom, I was assigned to a long-term member of staff who demonstrated the basics before allowing me to get some hands-on experience. These basic tasks included: putting clothes away on the correct rails, security tagging products, applying age labels to hangers and how to send products down to the shop floor.

For this exercise, I was paid £10 in cash and received a £10 gift card - a most generous offer that I feel more employers should take in.

At the end of my time in the stockroom, I was notified immediately by the Assistant Manager that I had got the job and was asked to register online to confirm my details and give further information (such as my bank account information, etc.)

Overall, I would say that the hiring and interview process was a very positive experience.

Stockroom Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Next Retail in October 2009.

Applied online and was given a 1:1 interview within a week. At the interview, went over some of the online interview questions to ensure they matched up with those given originally. Was asked about the reason for applying for the job and what were my long term aspirations. Was taken into the stockroom and spoke with one of the stockroom employees; was given the opportunity to security tag and hang some clothes - speed and efficiency of doing this was loosely monitored. This was the last part of a roughly 20 minute interview. Job was offered over the phone the same day.