Next (UK) Interview Questions

2.3

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Next (UK) in January 2013.

Through agency. One interview, no hr present. Promised to pay expenses, but only paid half about two months later. Took them three weeks to get back to me with feedback.
    Absolutely useless hr department......I have been told this by numerous agencies.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Next (UK) in June 2012.

quick in store interview usually lasts 30mins

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if a customer asked you for help ordering furniture and you were not trained on the department?   View Answer

Customer Service Advisor At Next Directory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Enderby, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enderby, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Next (UK).

Interview with recruiter, assignment to check my language sent by e-mail, telephone interview with Next, face-to-face interview at Next, assessment day to check customer service skills and language skills.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were open, closed, situational, behavioral. Good structure of questions, every question was about position specification and qualities required for it nothing more than that. The best interviewer in my life.   Answer Question
    to be open, honest and not too nervous, people in HR there are very kind and could support you.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Next (UK) in June 2012.

Initially my friend applied for a job and got an interview, she was offered the position at the end of the interview on the same day so, as I was keen for a job, I applied that evening. I was phoned a few days later for interview the next day. My interview was very brief and I was asked the usual previous customer service experience, dealing with a problem and as part of a team and why I wanted to work for the company. I was offered the position straight after, filled in my payment details right there and then and had my induction a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • None were particularly difficult as I am used to the interview process.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Next (UK) in February 2010.

Telephone interview, then group and one to one interview

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Next (UK) in November 2009.

Firstly we were put into groups and had to do tasks. After that it was 1:1 interviews. As it was my first interview I was very nervous and as a result didn't get the job. I wouldn't reccomend NEXT as a suitable job for students anyway - my friend was on a 5 hour contract and they were making her work up to 35 hrs a week while she was still at school. She had to leave in the end.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nottingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Next (UK) in January 2010.

was interesting, exciting, innovative. I was really tensed initially but overcamr my fear and started of well.
    My speech was flowing well

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Next (UK) in May 2008.

I sent in my CV to Next and I heard back from them when they were in need of hiring people. I got a phone call asking me when I could come for an interview. As I was a student at the time, it was an evening interview. When I arrived at the store I was told to walk around and get a 'feel' for the shop. I noticed how everyone working there all had a position in the shop (i.e someone standing greeting at the door, two on the tills and so on). I was then taken into the staff room where I was sat down in front of the store manager and had a one to one interview. It all felt very informal. The only preparation I did for this was to think about my experience in retail already and I also looked into what kind of extras I might had to sell in the jon (such as store cards).

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your main task was to sort out the stock but the store got very busy?   View Answer

Stockroom Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Next (UK) in October 2009.

Applied online and was given a 1:1 interview within a week. At the interview, went over some of the online interview questions to ensure they matched up with those given originally. Was asked about the reason for applying for the job and what were my long term aspirations. Was taken into the stockroom and spoke with one of the stockroom employees; was given the opportunity to security tag and hang some clothes - speed and efficiency of doing this was loosely monitored. This was the last part of a roughly 20 minute interview. Job was offered over the phone the same day.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walsall, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Next (UK) in September 2009.

they asked about my cv and how i would deal with a difficult customer. they asked me where do i see customers when i walk in to the store. they asked me if i wnted a career progression.

Interview Questions
    • where do you see customers when you walk through the door?   View Answer
    • how would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Worked for Next (UK)? Contribute to the Community!