Next (UK)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Buyer Interview

Buyer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Next (UK) in January 2013.

Interview Details – Through agency. One interview, no hr present. Promised to pay expenses, but only paid half about two months later. Took them three weeks to get back to me with feedback.
Absolutely useless hr department......I have been told this by numerous agencies.

Interview Question – Didn't ask any relevant questions.   Answer Question

Plymouth, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Next (UK) in June 2012.

Interview Details – quick in store interview usually lasts 30mins

Interview Question – what would you do if a customer asked you for help ordering furniture and you were not trained on the department?   View Answer

Customer Service Advisor At Next Directory Interview

Customer Service Advisor At Next Directory
Enderby, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Next (UK).

Interview Details – Interview with recruiter, assignment to check my language sent by e-mail, telephone interview with Next, face-to-face interview at Next, assessment day to check customer service skills and language skills.

Interview Question – The questions were open, closed, situational, behavioral. Good structure of questions, every question was about position specification and qualities required for it nothing more than that. The best interviewer in my life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – to be open, honest and not too nervous, people in HR there are very kind and could support you.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Plymouth, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Next (UK) in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initially my friend applied for a job and got an interview, she was offered the position at the end of the interview on the same day so, as I was keen for a job, I applied that evening. I was phoned a few days later for interview the next day. My interview was very brief and I was asked the usual previous customer service experience, dealing with a problem and as part of a team and why I wanted to work for the company. I was offered the position straight after, filled in my payment details right there and then and had my induction a few days later.

Interview Question – None were particularly difficult as I am used to the interview process.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Next (UK) in February 2010.

Interview Details – Telephone interview, then group and one to one interview

Interview Question – when have you overcome a team problem   Answer Question

Sales Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Next (UK) in November 2009.

Interview Details – Firstly we were put into groups and had to do tasks. After that it was 1:1 interviews. As it was my first interview I was very nervous and as a result didn't get the job. I wouldn't reccomend NEXT as a suitable job for students anyway - my friend was on a 5 hour contract and they were making her work up to 35 hrs a week while she was still at school. She had to leave in the end.

Interview Question – How would you greet a customer?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Next (UK) in January 2010.

Interview Details – was interesting, exciting, innovative. I was really tensed initially but overcamr my fear and started of well.
My speech was flowing well

Interview Question – why do u want to work for us   View Answer

Shop Assistant Interview

Shop Assistant
Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Next (UK) in May 2008.

Interview Details – I sent in my CV to Next and I heard back from them when they were in need of hiring people. I got a phone call asking me when I could come for an interview. As I was a student at the time, it was an evening interview. When I arrived at the store I was told to walk around and get a 'feel' for the shop. I noticed how everyone working there all had a position in the shop (i.e someone standing greeting at the door, two on the tills and so on). I was then taken into the staff room where I was sat down in front of the store manager and had a one to one interview. It all felt very informal. The only preparation I did for this was to think about my experience in retail already and I also looked into what kind of extras I might had to sell in the jon (such as store cards).

Interview Question – What would you do if your main task was to sort out the stock but the store got very busy?   View Answer

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Stockroom Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Next (UK) in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and was given a 1:1 interview within a week. At the interview, went over some of the online interview questions to ensure they matched up with those given originally. Was asked about the reason for applying for the job and what were my long term aspirations. Was taken into the stockroom and spoke with one of the stockroom employees; was given the opportunity to security tag and hang some clothes - speed and efficiency of doing this was loosely monitored. This was the last part of a roughly 20 minute interview. Job was offered over the phone the same day.

Interview Question – What was the reason you applied to work here?   Answer Question

Walsall, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at Next (UK) in September 2009.

Interview Details – they asked about my cv and how i would deal with a difficult customer. they asked me where do i see customers when i walk in to the store. they asked me if i wnted a career progression.

Interview Questions

• where do you see customers when you walk through the door?   View Answer
  • how would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Worked for Next (UK)? Contribute to the Community!