NextEra Energy, Inc. Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in November 2013.

The hiring process began at my university with on campus recruiters conducting interviews. I was told to apply online after my interview and eventually was interviewed on the phone with the manager of the intern position I was applying for. The process was very punctual and all updates/required documentation were provided in a very timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • The interview just dealt with my prior experiences (both work and school related) and educational background.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

It wasnt difficult. You show up wearing nice clothes and speak properly about your education and previous experience then go to lunch and smile. After, it takes about 3 months to give you a call back and then after that another 2 months to follow up with an offer.

Easy as hell.

Customer Service Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in July 2014.

interview is done with a webcam. apply online is easier. wish interview was more person to person than on a webcam using an application. did not like seeing myself on cam while i was answering the questions and being recorded.

Outage Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in July 2010.

Found job via the internet. There was a phone interview of about 30 min to review your resume and what position you were applying for. No real hard or tricky questions. Once that was completed a second interview was conducted with the hiring manager via telephone. Again just asking questions related to position. Once that was completed an in person interview was conducted. The interview was a list of 25 standardize questions where nothing was all that difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was if a project was over budget and you had to fix a piece of equipment what would you do.   View Answer

Substation Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Lucie, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Had an interview with 10 Matrix questions, and a few informal get to know you questions to start. They were standard questions, and I was told that the candidate would be chosen from 30+ candidates strictly by their answers to the Matrix questions only. The interviewers were very nice and wrote throughout the entire interview. The process took about an hour. At the end they asked me to keep applying for any FPL/NextEra position that comes up.

Interview Questions
    • If a coworker was taking a generator from the job, what would you do?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in May 2014.

I had seven interviews and process took all day. we took a tour of a substation facility. first step was a hirevue video with some questions. contact me by phone 2 days after. went in for interview and they took 3 weeks to call.

i did not negotiate. salary was fair

Environmental Health and Safety Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

easy to communicate with, nice people to interview me (2 women) then the final woman I talked to separately and was not as good. asked many questions about team work and previous classwork

College Intern - Engineering Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview was just a few phone interviews with the last being a conference call, basic interview questions, know your stuff, research company background, they were very nice on the phone

Interview Questions
    • talking about what gets under my skin since its tough thinking of a good answer to give   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in February 2014.

Applied online to position. Contacted by email with link to video interview a month later. Video interview was 5 questions, 30 seconds to prepare and up to 3 minutes to answer. No pause once you start or retakes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were about specific job definitions or duties.   Answer Question

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Juno Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juno Beach, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in August 2013.

3 Interviews in total 2 of 3 over the phone with a minimum of two people interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the table that we dont already have?   Answer Question
    Negotiated for about 3 weeks on pay. They came up considerably.

Worked for NextEra Energy, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!