NextEra Energy, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on a few occasions. After submitting the information that they wanted. I was told my profile would be sent out for a background check. The background check process was very thorough as well. Once that portion was completed I took a drug and and psychological evaluation. The worst part of the entire process was the background check because of how thorough it was.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The Overall experience was great. I applied online and received an email about 3 weeks later to do a Hirevue Getting to know you interview. It was based on 7 questions (Nothing to difficult), 5 were Multiple choice and two video recordings. After I received a phone call with two recruiters and asked about 10 behavioral questions (this interview was smooth, they were very nice throughout the whole process, meaning they make me feel very comfortable). Next about 4 weeks later i got invited to an Open House at their Corporate headquarters, Its an all day thing so be prepared. They provide a tour of the facility and lots of neat stuff they are working on. There you get interviewed twice by 2 different persons each time throughout the day, questions were some behavioral and basic technical questions, they also ask about projects you have done so be prepared to talk a bit about those as well. After they got back to me with an offer 2 days later. I accepted. very fair salary and great company to work for with awesome weather throughout the year

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview after I met them at our university career fair. It was a simple behavioral interview which was kinda like the screening for the next round. Unfortunately, they never got back to me about the status of my application or weather I was selected for the next round or not. I was really looking forward to working with them. I left a voice-mail to my recruiter but he didn't get a response.

Interview Questions

• How would you say you're different from all your classmates?   Answer Question
    • What would you say are your three most important accomplishments you've made till now?   Answer Question
    • Would you prefer giving a presentation or making a report to convey some information?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our company and why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

It was through a career fair on campus, they asked me what position I was looking for and my gpa. Then gave me an interview on the spot. They asked to come the day after the career fair to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name the biggest challenge you have ever had?   1 Answer

Interview

I had a phone interview first, and then an in person interview at a plant they have in Delaware County PA back in August. The actual interview was an OK experience. Some of the questions felt like they were made up right on the spot. The people were polite and friendly and the facility was very clean and organized. I felt that I gave the interview my best and left with a positive feeling. However, when I called Nextera a few times to simply check my interview status they kept telling me the same line that they were still interviewing and didn't have a decision. They never called me once to keep me aware of what was going on even though they said they would let me know if I did or did not get the job. The job recruiter in Juno Beach just started to ignore my phone calls. Very unprofessional treatment I was given after the interview. I am in the middle of obtaining employment with a much more professional company now, what a waste of time for me.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

Apply online. Fulfill all requirements in their entirety. Either get offered an OnDemand Interview where you record your answers to questions. Or an HR rep calls you to set up an interview with you and the manager of the location you are applying for. The questions are all very simple i.e. why did you choose your major, describe an innovative project you've worked on, and why NextEra. Overall the process takes a little under a month.

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward. Nothing that will catch you off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate since it was my first internship so I'm not too sure about this.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Juno Beach, FL).

Interview

Was sent an email to access the on-demand interview process after my resume made it through screening; the questions are typical of interviews but you don't speak directly to a person and instead record yourself. Although you are given time in the beginning to practice using the software and to view your video, the actual questions aren't provided ahead of time and you don't get to see what you submit. You have 30 seconds to think about your answer and 2 minutes to record your answer. I did not receive any further communication after submitting the video for 8 weeks when I received a canned rejection email. I called the recruiter a week prior to receiving the email, because I was well-along in with another company in the hiring process and the sound of this position was more exciting to me; she did not answer and did not return my call. I was able to contact the recruiter only because she called me to tell me the on-demand email was being sent and I saved her number and name. Very impersonal and unprofessional especially for a position at this level. I also continually checked the Nextera career website. No information there either.

Interview Questions

• Was asked technical questions pertaining to the position   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in November 2014.

Interview

I first received an on-line interview invitation through email. This online interview required you to answer about 7 typical telephone screen interview type questions. About 4 weeks after completing the online interview, I received company recruiter's telephone to arrange on-site interview at their HQ in Juno Beach, FL. During on-site interview, I talked to six interviewers, one-by-one, 30 minutes each, from 9am to 12pm. Since I talked to each interviewer individually in their office, I introduced myself and talked about my past experience, career plan, etc, for six times!! Interview ended by lunch with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• ask me to talk about my knowledge with monte carlo simulation, and price forecasting, which I do not really have relevant experience.   Answer Question

Recruiting Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juno Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. (Juno Beach, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Hiring process involved a phone screen, HireVue interview, and onsite interview. Overall, the process was not coordinated and didn't get go deep into my skills or behaviors. The most disturbing and unprofessional aspect of the candidate experience was the lack of follow up via email or phone call. This does not bode well for future employees or the Nextera Energy employment brand. Hearing nothing after an interview is rude and this would never happen at a progressive, sophisticated employer.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss your track record as well as answer behavioral questions like "why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Project Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Interview

Applied online. received a email telling me to record an interview. Did 45 days ago. Never got an answer. Never spoke to anybody. How they think they will hre somebody like this? Ridiculous

Interview Questions

• All questions asked from a video were useless and not well formulated. A waste of time!   Answer Question