NextEra Energy, Inc.

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

It was through a career fair on campus, they asked me what position I was looking for and my gpa. Then gave me an interview on the spot. They asked to come the day after the career fair to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name the biggest challenge you have ever had?   View Answer

Production Technician Interview

I had a phone interview first, and then an in person interview at a plant they have in Delaware County PA back in August. The actual interview was an OK experience. Some of the questions felt like they were made up right on the spot. The people were polite and friendly and the facility was very clean and organized. I felt that I gave the interview my best and left with a positive feeling. However, when I called Nextera a few times to simply check my interview status they kept telling me the same line that they were still interviewing and didn't have a decision. They never called me once to keep me aware of what was going on even though they said they would let me know if I did or did not get the job. The job recruiter in Juno Beach just started to ignore my phone calls. Very unprofessional treatment I was given after the interview. I am in the middle of obtaining employment with a much more professional company now, what a waste of time for me.

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Apply online. Fulfill all requirements in their entirety. Either get offered an OnDemand Interview where you record your answers to questions. Or an HR rep calls you to set up an interview with you and the manager of the location you are applying for. The questions are all very simple i.e. why did you choose your major, describe an innovative project you've worked on, and why NextEra. Overall the process takes a little under a month.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward. Nothing that will catch you off guard.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate since it was my first internship so I'm not too sure about this.

Senior Position With FPL (Can't Post Specific Job Title) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juno Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Was sent an email to access the on-demand interview process after my resume made it through screening; the questions are typical of interviews but you don't speak directly to a person and instead record yourself. Although you are given time in the beginning to practice using the software and to view your video, the actual questions aren't provided ahead of time and you don't get to see what you submit. You have 30 seconds to think about your answer and 2 minutes to record your answer. I did not receive any further communication after submitting the video for 8 weeks when I received a canned rejection email. I called the recruiter a week prior to receiving the email, because I was well-along in with another company in the hiring process and the sound of this position was more exciting to me; she did not answer and did not return my call. I was able to contact the recruiter only because she called me to tell me the on-demand email was being sent and I saved her number and name. Very impersonal and unprofessional especially for a position at this level. I also continually checked the Nextera career website. No information there either.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked technical questions pertaining to the position   View Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in November 2014.

I first received an on-line interview invitation through email. This online interview required you to answer about 7 typical telephone screen interview type questions. About 4 weeks after completing the online interview, I received company recruiter's telephone to arrange on-site interview at their HQ in Juno Beach, FL. During on-site interview, I talked to six interviewers, one-by-one, 30 minutes each, from 9am to 12pm. Since I talked to each interviewer individually in their office, I introduced myself and talked about my past experience, career plan, etc, for six times!! Interview ended by lunch with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • ask me to talk about my knowledge with monte carlo simulation, and price forecasting, which I do not really have relevant experience.   Answer Question

Recruiting Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juno Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in November 2014.

Hiring process involved a phone screen, HireVue interview, and onsite interview. Overall, the process was not coordinated and didn't get go deep into my skills or behaviors. The most disturbing and unprofessional aspect of the candidate experience was the lack of follow up via email or phone call. This does not bode well for future employees or the Nextera Energy employment brand. Hearing nothing after an interview is rude and this would never happen at a progressive, sophisticated employer.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to discuss your track record as well as answer behavioral questions like "why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Project Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Applied online. received a email telling me to record an interview. Did 45 days ago. Never got an answer. Never spoke to anybody. How they think they will hre somebody like this? Ridiculous

Interview Questions
    • All questions asked from a video were useless and not well formulated. A waste of time!   Answer Question

All Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc..

Ridiculous... you never speak to anyone. They send you a link to do an automated webcam interview and you are presented with three questions. The link doesn't even come directly from the company so you are left wondering if it's even valid. Never spoke to a single person... before or after. It was the most unprofessional, detached interaction with a company I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions... What do you do in your current job etc   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NextEra Energy, Inc. in September 2014.

In interviewed with two hiring managers after being recruited at a career fair. The questions were pretty standard. What do I know about the company and why do I want to work for them. What do I bring that other engineers won't. List 3 achievements. How to deal with customers. Answered my questions, said I'd hear back from HR in November.

Intern Interview

It wasnt difficult. You show up wearing nice clothes and speak properly about your education and previous experience then go to lunch and smile. After, it takes about 3 months to give you a call back and then after that another 2 months to follow up with an offer.

Easy as hell.