NextEra Energy Resources

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Controller Interview

Juno Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NextEra Energy Resources in August 2013.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews in total 2 of 3 over the phone with a minimum of two people interviewing me.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the table that we dont already have?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated for about 3 weeks on pay. They came up considerably.

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Juno Beach, FL

I applied online - interviewed at NextEra Energy Resources in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1 day of 30 minute interviews with V.P.'s and other managers

Negotiation Details – no negotiation was allowed

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Jupiter, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NextEra Energy Resources in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews.
1 interview with several members of the group
1 interview with the senior Principal engineer
All interview process went smoothly, reasonable questions and on topic discussions.
The atmosphere is very good and you feel as if you were part of the team.
After the group interview I was interviewed more thoroughly by their network Principal.

Interview Question – how to prevent DDoS attack from happening.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very simple and private with the manager, after the number is agreed I received a official letter with the offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Grant Writer Interview

Juno Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NextEra Energy Resources in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was set up for a series of interviews with 5 people. I enjoyed meeting all of them, their questions were fair, and they told me a lot about the job EXCEPT the last person, whose title was I think Director. It was really strange; he kept acting like he was intent on catching me in a lie. it was actually very insulting. I brought writing samples. One of them was a new client. He says 'Ok let me look at that one, since you would not have had anyone to copy for that." As though for my other writing samples, he thought I copied someone else's work and brought it to the interview. I was highly insulted. I write exceptionally well, scored genius level on verbal GRE. I don't copy others' work and I certainly would not bring others' work to an interview. Frankly I don't have to. and secondly, I am a Eucharistic Minister at my church. I can go on and on about my integrity and my exceptional writing ability. He kept acting like "Aha! I caught you."

Another example. I said I was newish to Miami, which is true. We lived in Ft Lauderdale then moved to Miami. He got this devilish look in his eye and said' "Aha, well I thought your resume said you've lived here a few years." and he starts rifling through my resume. I explained we lived in Lauderhill and moved to Miami. I guess he thought of the Miami Ft Lauderdale area as one, and he thought I said I was newish to the whole area. That is not what I said. We had just moved to Miami proper, from Lauderhill and my 954 telephone number attests to this.

He kept doing this the whole interview long as though he had decided that I was lying and he was going to prove it. I had not lied about anything. It was so insulting I would not have wanted the job just because of him. I told the recruiter this when they contacted me to tell me I had not gotten the job. He apologized to me for this man's behavior.

I am Hispanic - my only thought is that he could not believe that Hispanic could be as sharp as my background and credentials state, perhaps? I can think of no other reason I would have my integrity called into question by a perfect stranger - over and over. What a joke he was. The other people were nice but I could not work for a person like that Director. People who are mistrustful of others, it is usually because they are not trustworthy themselves. You spot it you got it.

Interview Question – The Director - the last interview I had. I told him it had taken me about 70 hours to write one of the sample proposals I brought (20 written pages; about 100 pages with all attachments, appendices, and annexes). He said "Well I thought you said you were quick" in a challenging taunting way.   View Answer

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Juno Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NextEra Energy Resources.

Interview Details – My interview process consisted of two phone interviews with director of Information Management followed by an all day in-person interview session with several members of the trade floor and the software development teams. I had to take a day off of work to meet with everyone. From the time I talked to the recruiter until the time I finished interviewing was about 4 days.

After that, the process slowed down substantially as I had to wait for the results of a drug test and background check. That took almost 2 weeks. An offer had been made, but was contingent upon my passing those two things. I was on edge for those two weeks so that I could put in my resignation at the job I was working at.

Interview Question – The business questions about commodity trading were the toughest at the time because I was unfamiliar with the business, but that was a known weakness of mine so it didn't affect the job offer. I think they were just testing how well I could figure stuff out.

The programming questions were softballs. I had to design a couple database tables for a simple data model and write a query joining some tables together. I had to describe my experience using Java, Oracle, MySQL, VB/VBA and Excel. Excel was a huge piece of the programming puzzle there.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money after the initial offer. They refused, but offered a signing bonus instead. I took that and used it to go on a ski vacation during the week I took off of work between jobs.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Juno Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at NextEra Energy Resources in December 2012.

Interview Details – Long process due to background check. Start you off as contract at half the salary

Interview Question – Non really, just be prepared to defend your resume like any other interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Can not be picky in todays economy and employers know it

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Tuskegee, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at NextEra Energy Resources in October 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward process. I gave them my resume at my school's career fair. They called me in the next day for an interview. They very generic interview questions (Greatest strength, greatest weakness, moment where you handled a difficult person, etc). Overall the interviewers were nice, professional and respectful. I would say it was an easy interview.

Interview Question – They were all easy.   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

Interviewed at NextEra Energy Resources

Interview Details – First round phone screening with HR rep, basic questions about background. He moved me through to the hiring manager at the plant I would be working at. Scheduled a phone interview with the plant manager, and was told I would hear back in a few weeks. About 3 weeks later, I got a call saying I got the job.

Interview Question – Do you think that a job can be completed safely in a plant no matter the condition of the job?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NextEra Energy Resources in May 2012.

Interview Details – I flew out to interview with the company. I had 3 interviews the first day and five interviews the second day. The people were very friendly. They were personable, intelligent, and happy. I did not meet anyone that was not happy with their job and they seemed VERY sincere about this.

Interview Question – What do you think you will be able to give to NextEra?   Answer Question

Senior Quantitative Analyst Interview

Juno Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NextEra Energy Resources in January 2012.

Interview Details – The process consists of interviews with 7 different people ranging from analyst to senior director. People here are friendly but also very busy with their work so it happened when I was introducing myself and the interviewer had to answer the phone to handle something 'more urgent'.

Most part of the time it's more fit questions than very technical ones. They are interested in the proficiency with Excel and the ability to multitask since the role that I was interviewing for calls for a lot of interaction with different teams.

Since I am sure that I was the first person that they interviewed, the follow-up process got a little painful - especially during the peak season. I could not reach any of the people from the company after the interview and the recruiter was actually changed during the process so it was all messed up. About 2 weeks later I got a very bland email saying that I did not get the job but I already knew it from the referral.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NextEra Energy Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NextEra Energy Resources interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by NextEra Energy Resources employees and interview candidates.