NextGen

Relevance Date Difficulty

Implementation Specialist Interview

Implementation Specialist
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NextGen.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone call with the manager of the implementation team. The phone call was only partially traditional, but mostly really laid-back with questions concerning how I would be able to adjust to traveling, team dynamic and so on. I was later invited to Austin (company headquarters for the clinical, lab, and pharmacy product implementation team) on the company's dime via flight with super shuttle hauling me to the interview and back to the airport in the same day. The manager informed me that I would be meeting with a few team members first. I did two rounds of this and everyone was very friendly and so so informal. Mostly discussed life on the road and team structure. Lastly, I met with the manager again and we went over a few more things informally and she all but offered me the job on spot. She asked me my salary expectations. She told me she thought I was a good fit and that was that. I went back to the lobby and waited for my ride to the airport and while waiting the recruiter called and offered me the job with about 6k more than what I asked for.

Interview Question – There wasn't one really! Very informal. Salary was probably the hardest because I had no idea what the industry paid (my mistake for not fully researching)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations on my part because I asked for an amount and was give 6k over that.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Implementation Specialist
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NextGen in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired on through a recruiter and the process took several months. The primary reason for the delay was due to the availability of department management. At the time I was hired the inpatient division’s implementation team was extremely overloaded and management was onsite 95% of the time and unavailable for face to face interviews. It seems the only way to gain employment with NextGen is via an independent recruiter, internal HR does not seem to get involved with interviewing until a recruiter screens applicants.

Interview Question – I was asked about my work experience and where I thought I fit in with the implementation team. What would I bring to the table that may be absent from the current team.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NextGen in July 2013.

Interview Details – After 2 weeks of email exchanges, I had 1 phone interview. The interviewer was 20 minutes late. Said they was very impressed with my resume, experience and credentials. They wanted a follow-up in person interview and told me I would be talking with a woman from HR who would arrange the next interview. I never heard from anyone again, despite my follow-up email and phone calls. I later found out from an acquaintance who works there that the man who was supposed to interview me gave the position to a male friend of his who did not have experience.

Interview Question – How are you working with men?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NextGen in August 2013.

Interview Details – One phone screen, two in person interviews

Interview Question – Very few technical questions, but my healthcare background made me a shoe in for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once the interviews were over, the negotiation phase went very quickly (seems like it was about 24-48 hours).

Software Quality Assurance Engineer II Interview

Software Quality Assurance Engineer II
Horsham, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at NextGen.

Interview Details – Got an initial phone screening from HR where questions related to what my experience is were asked. At the end of the phone call we set up a date and time for their QA manager from the horsham office to call me. This second screening went as expected but I wasn't called back for a face to face.
This site provided some good insight to me since I was able to shape my questions based on the reviews that others left.

Interview Question – What was the biggest software bug you have ever found?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NextGen.

Interview Details – The manager that handled my entry into the company was amazing. He made it very apparent that he was excited about the skills I was bringing to the position I applied for.

Negotiation Details – Probably the only 'con' I can say about the whole process, it was made apparent that I was severely limited in my salary options due to the level of education I have received.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Horsham, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NextGen in August 2013.

Interview Details – There is normally a phone interview but I was able to bypass that because someone in my professional network gave a strong recommendation. My resume was sent to the hiring manager and I was called the same day to set up an appointment for a face-to-face interview. I was able to schedule it for within the same week. The interview was about 2-3 hours long, and only involved 2 people: the manager (who is technically sound) and a senior developer. Initially they talked about the products they are working on and I asked some questions about the work they do and the structure of the company. Then, I received a mix of technical questions, behavioral questions, and questions about my previous work. Some of the technical questions were very specific, such as what certain keywords mean (i.e. what is the difference between X keyword and Y keyword). After the verbal interview, I was given 2 hours to create a .NET application that interfaced with a database, which I was able to complete in 1 hour.

Interview Question – What steps would you take to ensure your application is secure?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave a salary range I was looking for before the interview. I received an offer about 1-2 hours after the interview. They met my salary requirements on their first offer. I asked for relocation reimbursement and they offered to pay for my moving expenses without any hesitation. There was no signing bonus. I gave verbal acceptance after a couple of days. I received the official offer package via email the same day I verbally accepted. I was given 2 days to complete that and return. HR was a bit unresponsive after I accepted the offer, but my hiring manager was very diligent in following up on any questions or concerns.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at NextGen

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in person interview

Interview Question – Do you know Python   Answer Question

HQM Stored Procedure Developer Interview

HQM Stored Procedure Developer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NextGen in June 2013.

Interview Details – In-person interview and three phone interviews. In-person interview was technical with 2 other developers and their boss. They asked questions about writing efficient SQL queries and about date handling in SQL. Not all the decision makers were available at the same time so there were more follow-up interviews about soft skills and one more technical interview.

Interview Question – Asked about SQL query tuning that was more appropriate for a DBA than a database developer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered $4,000 less than I had asked for in my application. I named a figure and said come in over that. They beat that figure by $2000.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at NextGen.

Interview Details – Phone screened and then called in for face to face. 2:1 first some technical questions. Focus driven by applications on which we worked. 1:1 with manager then tech test to design an app.

Interview Question – Discuss problems with an app I designed   Answer Question

Worked for NextGen? Contribute to the Community!