NextXAP

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NextXAP in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had a HR interview first, then Technical Screening followed by a coding assignment and final call.

Interview Question – Coding assignment is tricky   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NextXAP.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly straight-forward - three rounds - one HR behavioral/fit and two practitioner meetings. The initial step was the HR/Recruiting telephone screen which felt like more of a conversation than an interview - it was formal yet friendly.

At the end of the call which occurred on a Tuesday, the Recruiter indicated I would be hearing about next steps in a couple of days. On Friday, I received an e-mail from Recruiting asking me to provide my availability for a call with one of the practitioners to be scheduled for the following week.

Although this practitioner was engaged on a large scale implementation, he was rather flexible in terms of coordinating schedules. I was able to schedule a call with this practitioner for the following Wednesday. The call lasted about 45 minutes and was focused on me describing my prior work experience and learning a bit about the practitioner's background. It was give-and-take, though biased toward collecting information about my employment history and my programming expertise. In other words, it was more-or-less what one might expect from a 2nd round interview. Also a lot of technical questions were asked which were very scenario based and also architecture based.

After I received the news that I had passed the 2nd round of interviews, I was in regular, frequent contact with the recruiting team who a couple of days later informed me that I was scheduled for a telephonic interview with the Senior Manager. The first fifteen minutes was spent on behavioral/background questions. The following 30 minutes was devoted to the case interview with 2 components. In the first component, I was asked to describe in a case-like fashion, a recent engagement I had worked on- beginning with the client's problem statement, explaining the approach to and structure of my solution, and ending with the outcomes/ client value delivered.The second component was a case given to me in which I was asked to formulate my response to a problem statement. I had some difficulty with this portion of the interview because I had no familiarity with the specific industry being addressed which distracted me from maintaining a structured problem-solving approach. Regardless, I proceeded through the case citing a general approach and game plan for dividing the work into work streams, assigning roles, etc.
The final fifteen minutes of the interview included the Manager reviewing my work and explaining some nuances of the industry's sales processes. We also discussed the practice's general direction, and industry and functional specialties.

Though I could have done better on the case, apparently I had made enough of an impression throughout the interview process.

Finally I had a face to face round with the Director. He was a very senior guy and didn’t ask any technical questions at all. It was more to do with problem solving. I was asked to elaborate a lot about my core values and qualities. A lot of factors were emphasized on by him including Innovation, Quality, Value and remaining competitive. I was able to give specific detailed examples proving each of those points.

Interview Question – There were 2 sets of Technical Questions.
The first dealt with hard core computer science questions related to
1. Data structures
2. Design Patterns
3. Object Oriented Design using a use case.

The second dealt with Product development strategies and example of innovation and out of the Box thinking.
e.g. what was the most innovative feature that you ever implemented and tell me why did you think that was innovative and intuitive. ?
my answers were refuted and challenged and i didnt know how to react to the interviews' satisfaction.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I received a verbal offer by the end of the week - call directly from the HR. The issue was I was told to make a decision within 3 days as they had a sequential way of sending out offers (because there were other people who were in the queue) and so I responded promptly.

Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NextXAP in April 2011.

Interview Details – 2 technical interviews and 1 hr round.

Interview Question – what would you do if you are not able to handle a team?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – not very good. no scope for negotiation.

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NextXAP in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy 10 min interview. Salary offered is very low. Waiting for the next interview.

Interview Question – Describe your project work   Answer Question

Junior Applications Developer Interview

Junior Applications Developer
Alexandria, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NextXAP in January 2011.

Interview Details – The first round was the discussion of my resume.
The second round was a 15-20 minutes of technical interview.
The third round was an hour of the presentation about what different technology we might be working on.
The forth round was the submission of a basic application, which had to be done in any programming language.
The last round was a very formal talk with the one of the senior developer.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – It is just like any other consulting company which they don't disclose. But you will find out when you read the offer letter clearly. There is no relocation provided by the company. There is no pay when there is no project on hand.

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NextXAP.

Interview Details – Very basic interview not ask you any single conceptual question

Interview Question – Very basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Max 60k

SAP MDM Consultant Interview

SAP MDM Consultant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at NextXAP in January 2011.

Interview Details – 2 types of interview. Technical and HR

Interview Questions

Worked for NextXAP? Contribute to the Community!