Nextag

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Nextag in June 2008.

Interview Details – The questions lacked an objective. The person conducted the interview without preparing questions in advance showing zero respect for my time and efforts. He didn't answer any of my questions about the company. I wasn't encouraged to ask questions neither, and it was obvious that the interviewer knew little about the job.

Interview Question – How much are you planning to ask for this job? (The first question)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Inexistent.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Marketing Interview

Marketing

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Nextag in October 2010.

Interview Details – After my phone interview, I got the one on one interview with the decision maker for the position( As he said he is) the interview took almost 3 hours and consist of personal and technical questions howevr none had any goal objective to it as he even did not know what is the position should be.
I had asked to create some documents and agenda for what the job should look like!
Then I had a full afternoon interview with some higher ranks in the company for another 4hours with lots of personal and technical questions again that still didn't have any main objective of the job description!!
At the end of the Interview I had asked for another Job detail description along with daily agenda again!!

Third interview was with new hire employee that supposed to be my boss! It took another 3 hours with lots of detail question about my current job plus questions about contacts names and networks in the business!! Again at the end I have been asked to provide another information list for him!!
At last after 3 months I got an e-mail for background check and references, which I provide and which they called, made an appointment to conduct the confirmation interview with my references Which they never called back !! (made me realy look bad infornt of my references!!)
Now it's 4 months passed! After all the follow ups and all the e-mail's, I have still not got the answer !!!
I think this company definitely has the lack of direction, Although everyone is very polite and nice but seems like the company has too much VP's and Directors that seems cannot make a decision and also to do the job!!

Interview Question – Can you give me the full name of your contacts and network ?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Nextag

Worked for Nextag? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nextag Marketing interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Nextag employees and interview candidates.