Nexteer Automotive

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.5

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in July 2014.

Applied online, they called me after a few weeks for a technical phone interview. The interview lasted for about 45 min. The interviewer asked all technical questions from the resume and also a few HR questions. After 1 or 2 weeks, I got a mail saying that I am not selected for the position that is NOT embedded software engineer position. They also thanked me for attending on-site interview that I did not even attend. I contacted HR and again I got an email talking about some other position other than embedded software position. Finally, after sending 2 or 3 emails, they said that I am not selected for the position as my skills are not a perfect match for the position.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nexteer Automotive.

Email communications about setting up interviews. Emailed date an confirmation for interview. Took about a month. First interview with three people. Moved to final process with one person from HR. The process took a total of 4-6 weeks, depending on the applicants availability. Each interview was all behavioral based and took about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Emphasis on how you came up with innovative approaches for HR? Not how you executed or encouraged others but what you specifically have done.   View Answer
    • When was the last time you were most frustrated and how did you handle this. This question also about angry.   Answer Question
    • What are the greatest challenges that HR will be facing in the future and now?   View Answer

Computer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nexteer Automotive in May 2014.

Interviews (approx. 4, each for different positions) were all laid back and friendly. No trick questions or mindgames. Honestly felt like they were trying to get to know me instead of grill me. These interviews were near the end of my internship and were for full time positions. 3 hour long time slots back to back with 2, 2, and 4 people respectively. All had the same comfortable feeling. The interview that got me the internship in the first place, again, had the same air of comfort to it.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected. The interviews were literally a conversation.   Answer Question

Everyone I met was friendly and helpful, but I do not care for the area (Saginaw, it is quite boring) nor the focus of the work. Electric power steering isn't the most exciting thing, and the engineering side is a lot of desk work. I turned down the offer after interning.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nexteer Automotive in April 2014.

I applied online and was contacted via e-mail a week later to set up a phone interview. The interview was with the project managers and they stuck to behavioral-type questions (Tell me about a time when, Tell me about a project you were in charge of, Tell me about yourself, etc) and largely centered around working as part of a larger team. They also wanted to know more specifically what kinds of things / what sub-systems I wanted to work on.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your technical experience / Tell me about a project you were in charge of.   View Answer

Rack EPS Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Nexteer Automotive.

Had 2 interviews. One short phone interview. One in-person inteview. Easy and fun interview.

No negotiation.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nexteer Automotive.

Phone interview followed by on-site

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nexteer Automotive in March 2014.

Had a phone technical interview. Interview was very good, interviewers were very friendly.
    Asked few questions regarding my projects and work experience.
    Entire interview was resume walkthrough asking about what i know in each subject
    Asked few basic questions related to microcontrollers, microprocessors, ARM, RISC, C, FPGA

Then had a onsite technical interview
    This interview was to know about me. Asked few questions which were similar to the ones in phone interview
    Had a tour of the company and then lunch with the employer

Intern Interview

Online application and on campus interview

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nexteer Automotive in February 2014.

I'm a grad student in Mechanical Engineering in Purdue. I attended the job fair in February in my school and I chatted with one of their staff. It went pretty well. I got invited to a dinner with them and also scheduled an interview the next day. Because of the big snow we had a phone interview. But it took quite a while (more than a month) to get the final result.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience in this team and what's the most difficult thing you came across.   Answer Question

Entry Level Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nexteer Automotive.

Spoke with a recruiter at the career fair. Communicated my background experience with vehicle testing. Two days later, I got a phone call to set up an interview. In general, not a very difficult 1st round interview. Straight forward behavioral questions. Favorite course taken. Most difficult course. etc...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were very proud of your accomplishment.   Answer Question