Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Nexteer Automotive
- Embedded Software Engineer (3)
- Intern (2)
- Industrial Engineer (2)
- Associate Electrical Engineer (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Engineering Intern (2)
- DEPUTY MANAGER FINANCE (1)
- Product Engineer (1)
- Manager (1)
- Assembly/Production (1)
- Expediter, Quality Assurance, Technician (1)
- Entry Level Product Engineer (1)
- Rack EPS Intern (1)
- Electronic Techmician (1)
- Manufacturing (1)
- Summer Internship (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Engineer (1)
- Human Resources Business Partner (1)
- Senior Manufacturing Engineer (1)
- Computer Engineering (1)
- Associate Software Engineer (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Product (1)
- Control Engineer (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Saginaw, MI) in April 2015.
Onsite interview was bad. some Indians only ask things which you don't have expericence before. They don't ask you about what you know. I got the feeling that they just don't wanna hire you by asking those questions.
- some stupid function that people do not need to memorize it. It is in the reference book and we can check for it whenever we need. 1 Answer
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive.
Went to college career fair. They asked me to dinner that night and set up an interview for the next day. The dinner had about 15 other students there. The interview was not too hard just basic behavioral questions and one question about improving an example manufacturing process they drew on a sheet of paper.
- What is your dream job? When was the last time you took something apart because you were curious? What is your favorite/least favorite class? Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Ames, IA) in February 2015.
Very relaxed and informal. Asked questions about what I would bring to Nexteer, what type of experience I was looking for, etc. One interviewer from engineering dept., one interviewer from HR. Interview lasted about 30 minutes and they sent an email with an offer about a week later.
- Out of the candidates, why should we hire you? 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Houghton, MI) in February 2015.
Taking an opportunity to meet with a program manager at Nexteer in a campus interview. First talking about your personal experience and your lab experience and than ask you some technical questions about troubleshooting
- When the customer report something wrong with your product, how do you find the problem? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.
I was offered an interview after meeting a recruiter at a college career fair. The interview was in person the following week on my college campus. It was a very laid back environment with two interviewers. They asked very basic questions mostly around the items on my resume. I have not heard back from the company yet.
- What has been your most challenging course at your university? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in July 2014.
Applied online, they called me after a few weeks for a technical phone interview. The interview lasted for about 45 min. The interviewer asked all technical questions from the resume and also a few HR questions. After 1 or 2 weeks, I got a mail saying that I am not selected for the position that is NOT embedded software engineer position. They also thanked me for attending on-site interview that I did not even attend. I contacted HR and again I got an email talking about some other position other than embedded software position. Finally, after sending 2 or 3 emails, they said that I am not selected for the position as my skills are not a perfect match for the position.
- Nothing difficult or unexpected. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive (Saginaw, MI).
Email communications about setting up interviews. Emailed date an confirmation for interview. Took about a month. First interview with three people. Moved to final process with one person from HR. The process took a total of 4-6 weeks, depending on the applicants availability. Each interview was all behavioral based and took about an hour.
- Emphasis on how you came up with innovative approaches for HR? Not how you executed or encouraged others but what you specifically have done. 1 Answer
- When was the last time you were most frustrated and how did you handle this. This question also about angry. Answer Question
- What are the greatest challenges that HR will be facing in the future and now? 1 Answer
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in May 2014.
Interviews (approx. 4, each for different positions) were all laid back and friendly. No trick questions or mindgames. Honestly felt like they were trying to get to know me instead of grill me. These interviews were near the end of my internship and were for full time positions. 3 hour long time slots back to back with 2, 2, and 4 people respectively. All had the same comfortable feeling. The interview that got me the internship in the first place, again, had the same air of comfort to it.
- No questions were difficult or unexpected. The interviews were literally a conversation. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Everyone I met was friendly and helpful, but I do not care for the area (Saginaw, it is quite boring) nor the focus of the work. Electric power steering isn't the most exciting thing, and the engineering side is a lot of desk work. I turned down the offer after interning.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in April 2014.
I applied online and was contacted via e-mail a week later to set up a phone interview. The interview was with the project managers and they stuck to behavioral-type questions (Tell me about a time when, Tell me about a project you were in charge of, Tell me about yourself, etc) and largely centered around working as part of a larger team. They also wanted to know more specifically what kinds of things / what sub-systems I wanted to work on.
- Tell me about your technical experience / Tell me about a project you were in charge of. 1 Answer
- Accepted Offer
I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nexteer Automotive.
Had 2 interviews. One short phone interview. One in-person inteview. Easy and fun interview.
- What is your dream job? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review