Nexteer Automotive

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Anonymous Interview

Saginaw, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in September 2012.

Interview Details – They have a few different phases of interviews. First, during the summer they interview current interns for positions the following summer or full time. Second, they will recruit during the Fall at some schools, and try and interview candidates while the company is still visiting the school. Third, they will contact a second round of candidates if they need more interns. This will usually be a phone interview.

Interview Question – The questions were all pretty standard, they asked for details on a lot of answers I gave.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not much room for negotiation as an intern because their pay is based on year in school.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner
Saginaw, MI

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nexteer Automotive.

Interview Details – Email communications about setting up interviews. Emailed date an confirmation for interview. Took about a month. First interview with three people. Moved to final process with one person from HR. The process took a total of 4-6 weeks, depending on the applicants availability. Each interview was all behavioral based and took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Emphasis on how you came up with innovative approaches for HR? Not how you executed or encouraged others but what you specifically have done.   View Answer
  • When was the last time you were most frustrated and how did you handle this. This question also about angry.   Answer Question
  • What are the greatest challenges that HR will be facing in the future and now?   View Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Saginaw, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had a phone technical interview. Interview was very good, interviewers were very friendly.
Asked few questions regarding my projects and work experience.
Entire interview was resume walkthrough asking about what i know in each subject
Asked few basic questions related to microcontrollers, microprocessors, ARM, RISC, C, FPGA

Then had a onsite technical interview
This interview was to know about me. Asked few questions which were similar to the ones in phone interview
Had a tour of the company and then lunch with the employer

Negotiation Details – No

Rack EPS Intern Interview

Rack EPS Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Nexteer Automotive.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews. One short phone interview. One in-person inteview. Easy and fun interview.

Interview Question – What is your dream job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nexteer Automotive.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by on-site

Interview Question – Automotive   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in February 2014.

Interview Details – I'm a grad student in Mechanical Engineering in Purdue. I attended the job fair in February in my school and I chatted with one of their staff. It went pretty well. I got invited to a dinner with them and also scheduled an interview the next day. Because of the big snow we had a phone interview. But it took quite a while (more than a month) to get the final result.

Interview Question – Describe your experience in this team and what's the most difficult thing you came across.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – Online application and on campus interview

Interview Question – None, mostly straightforward, no technical questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Saginaw, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nexteer Automotive in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was simple. I had approached the company's kiosk during the career fair at my university and had a conversation with their representative. I did not hear from them for about 3 weeks after which they scheduled a technical interview. The interview was purely focused on knowledge of domains useful for steering system development.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself five years into the company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer from another company!

Entry Level Product Engineer Interview

Entry Level Product Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Nexteer Automotive.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter at the career fair. Communicated my background experience with vehicle testing. Two days later, I got a phone call to set up an interview. In general, not a very difficult 1st round interview. Straight forward behavioral questions. Favorite course taken. Most difficult course. etc...

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you were very proud of your accomplishment.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Nexteer Automotive

Interview Details – No process. Only some discussions with managers. Phone interview. they did not know what the applicant need to do later

Interview Question – No difficulties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes

Worked for Nexteer Automotive? Contribute to the Community!