Nexus IS

Updated Sep 30, 2014
Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.7

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nexus IS.

Easy, they seemed desperate to hire anyone just to fill a seat.

Interview Questions
    • None, all pretty basic stuff. It was more of them telling you how great they are.   Answer Question
    They try to get you as cheaply as possible.

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Nexus IS in January 2013.

Draining... interviewing with this company for about 5 months. Started off by being contacted by an HR Recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview for a week later. When that came up the interview went great. He advised that he will be speaking with the Sales Director and present my resume, etc. Never heard from the Director of Sales, however, the recruiter did keep in contact with me and followed up. He advised the position had been filled and he was not informed till recently. Then he went on to say that the Sales Manager that just came on board would be interviewing. I waited again for weeks. Finally the recruiter advised that I had a phone interview with the Sales Manager in a few weeks. Again, weeks went by and finally the day came. Since he was new, I felt like he really needed to find the absolute perfect person in order to make him "look good" and it seemed like this person was terrified to screw up and needed to ensure he definitely hired on the right person. He said he would be in contact with me.. heard nothing from him. I kept following up with the Sales Manager, no response from him. Tired following up with the recruiter.. he no longer works there. I can see why, this place seems like a mess.

Interview Questions
    • HR Recruiter was wonderful and sold me on Nexus IS. The Sales Manager on the other hand made me think twice...   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Nexus IS in September 2012.

Initial contact by head-hunter followed by three person hiring panel. Quick decision on job offer.

Interview Questions
    • When I became a free agent from my contracting company, I asked by direct manager about contract to hire options. My manager said there were no openings. Same day I found three Senior Project Manager openings on the employer's website in the home office where I started my contracting job.   View Answer

Outside Sales Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nexus IS in February 2011.

It took two weeks to get a call back but the hiring manager was traveling that entire time. One phone interview followed by one in person interview. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work out of the Pleasanton Office?   View Answer
    They gave me what I was asking for.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nexus IS in February 2010.

Met with (interviewed) 10 people including hiring manager, colleagues, engineering, project management, VP sales and CEO. Needed to drive 5 hours to interview location and home. Facilities were professional but unimpressive. Not a sweat shop, but stressful environment for the people there.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted me to work in their office, not virtual office.   View Answer
    They defined their budget for the position. I accepted as salary and assumed other costs were in addition to salary. Their budget did not included expenses for marketing support and travel to customer locations.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nexus IS in December 2008.

I had 3 one on one face to face interviews. One with my potential manager, director of engineering and lastly a discussion with one of my potential peer Account Managers. I didn't have any experience in IT. Typically, the company only hires seasoned IT sales professionals with at least 2-3 years experience. My desire to accel in my career, eagerness to learn and having a personality that closely fit into their culture got me the job. Culture is family oriented but work hard, play hard is the best description.

Interview Questions
    • If I'd feel comfortable with a 100k sale - didn't know how to respond because it seemed like a lot of money at the time.   Answer Question
    • What is your background in IT? IT knowledge at this point?   Answer Question
    Yes, you can negotiate but try and say within 5-10k and have valid reasons why you think you deserve more salary.