NiSource

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Programs Manager Interview

Customer Programs Manager
Columbus, OH

The process took 4 months - interviewed at NiSource in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for the position in December 2010. It was with Columbia Gas, Gas Distribution Operations. I was contacted in mid February to come in for an interview after a brief phone interview with a HR representative. I was given a time, date and location and map for parking but no names or titles of whom I would meet with. When I arrived the receptionist knew who I was and made me feel very welcome when giving me my visitor pass. She told me there was an onsite gym that employees can join for $5 a month. She told me where the ladies room was and where to sit when I would wait for the HR contact to get me in a few minutes. That was very nice.

About fifteen minutes later, the HR contact came down in jeans as it was Friday. Everyone else was very business-oriented and dressed professionally. I was taken into a conference room where three people were waiting, a HR person, an IT person and the Director of Customer Programs, who would be the boss. They were all very nice and very formal. The HR person led the interview explaining this would be a "STAR" series of questions and answers and then other questions and then I could ask questions. It would be behavioral question format. The questions were intense and very focused. This was a new position and they were looking for specific things. The job description itself was four pages long.

They all seemed pleased for the most part with my answers. It was very corporate and structured. They said they wanted change brought in but you have to wonder. Oftentimes the person leading it is killed.

It definitely would be a great job but I am not sure it is a fit. They are interviewing and said they most likely would not start the person til April 1. Who can wait that long to start a job in this economy. They said they would let me know.

Interview Question – Describe a time you succesfully built a partnership and involved your team members in the process.   View Answer

Worked for NiSource? Contribute to the Community!