NiSource Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NiSource (Columbus, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a panel intetview which included the HR representative, team lead, and the manager. The interview started with me being asked to tell thdm about my background, worl history. They then asked what I enjoyed most about my most recent position. The remainder of the interview comsisted of situational questions. The atmosphere was professional but not intimidating. I felt comfortable and as if they were truly yrying to find out as much about me as possible including my personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you enjoyed most im your most recent role.   Answer Question

Resource Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NiSource (Merrillville, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

First phone interview with HR. Then wait for more than one month until got a email for HR for the onsite interview invitation. The onsite interview includes meeting with manager, director and a 'regulatory coordinator'. The people are very nice. The interview last for approximately 2 hours, not difficult. Besides the technical questions, they pay attentions to communication skills. Lots of behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you cannot get the needed data on a timely basis?   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NiSource (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with the department head and project manager. They asked me questions about my background. They were looking for drive. About three weeks later I met with another department head to discuss my background. Wasn't the typical behavioral questions which was great. Focus on my experience instead of the typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated for additional money.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NiSource (Westborough, MA).

Interview

Received a phone call a couple of weeks after I applied online for an in person interview. Interview consist of a 3 person board (HR, position supervisor, and another manager) asking mostly preset questions set by the company. Interview was conducted at headquarter and not out of the office I was to work out of.

CPG Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NiSource in February 2015.

Interview

I applied two months before I received the request to interview. I was interviewed by a group of engineers and an intern coordinator was present. I mainly was asked about my experiences working on engineering related school projects. They seemed to be looking for ability to work in teams. No questions seemed really out there. I received an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What interested you about the company? How did you hear about this position?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NiSource.

Interview

Got a call from HR, asking to set up an interview, the following week. Came in and they where set up on a 3 person panel. They had pre-written questions that they where asking all of the applicants.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a problem that has arose in the past that you where unable to resolve and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Claim Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NiSource (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview via recruiter followed by in person company interview. Followed up after being constantly told I would have a second interview, both in person and via e-mail. Weeks of constant communication but I was never offered the second interview. Eventually they stopped communicating with me period. No second interview. No denial letter. Unprofessional and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions asked to me were actually insurance focused. The hiring manager admitted this was not his area of expertise - mine is - but he still disagreed with me on how claims are properly handled. Odd.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NiSource in October 2014.

Interview

Received a call for a phone screening less than a week after applying. Conducted phone screening and was invited for an interview. Interviewed with the recruiter and team manager using the STAR method. I received the questions before the interview so I was well prepared. I was asked 3 or 4 additional personality questions by the manager that the recruiter didn't have. I thought that was a good sign. They were trying to discover if I would be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when your continued attempts did not help you achieve a goal. What did you do?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NiSource (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I visited the company booth at college career fair, submitted my resume to an employee working at the accounting department, and also applied on the company website and the college career website. Then I was accepted for an interview, and two Nisource employees interviewed me. one is the college recruiter and the other is the one i handed my resume to. the interview itself was really easy, then first explained what accounting functions i may be working with during the internship and asked me which one or two I may be interested in. then they just confirmed details on my resume, ask my group work or student orgs experiences.

Land Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NiSource (Charleston, WV) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was long and quite in depth. It was a panel interview and the questions were somewhat challenging. My experience in the pertinent field made answering the "canned" interview questions easier.

Interview Questions

• Describe the tools utilized to multitask   1 Answer