Nickelodeon Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.4

Animator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nickelodeon.

Interview

Very aggressive in headhunting animation talent for a specific celebrity-created preschooler show. Upper level and departmental management offered promises which could not be kept to lure new employees into their show (i.e., accelerated review and promotion schedule, upward mobility to better pay and positions, matching health benefits, etc).
    The workplace turned out to be a poisonous, back-stabbing environment. Contracts were standard, boilerplate fare. Nothing described in the handshake agreements made during the interview was honored. It was a poorly managed show, run by incompetent people who were given the freedom to behave poorly under the shadow of our celebrity show-runner, who was mostly absent from the process.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to start immediately?   1 Answer

Senior Manager, Sales Strategy & Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nickelodeon (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR via email about a month later to schedule on site interviews. On the first round I met with the HR lead, hiring manager (Sr Director), a director and the interviews were mostly conversational focused on my background and what the role entailed. I had a strange interview with the director who actually asked me my writing and comprehension level although I'd be working for 8+ and held an MBA in Finance & strategy.

The hiring manager really liked me so I advance to second round where I met with the VP of the team, and came back again a third time to meet with a stakeholder in the sales side. I received strong positive feedback via email and verbal feedback that the team liked my experience. A week after my last interview, I contacted the HR lead for overall feedback and she responded right away with a scheduled time to talk the next day. That time came and went and many emails and calls later, I still havent heard back. It's unfortunate because I was led to believe things were going and then everything suddenly fell off with no explanation. Six month later I was contacted by another recruiter who wanted to know where I left off with the team because the notes only show I came in for interviews. I explained the scenario to which he profusely apologized and promised to follow up with a yay or nay the next day. He too disappeared into thin air. strange place.

Interview Questions

• mostly experience based questions, mostly conversational, show youve done your homework and ask intelligent questions and you'll be fine   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nickelodeon.

Interview

Very relaxed and just a great place to be around. No need to be nervous because it's more about if you fit into their relaxed cool culture. I smiled a lot and showed my easy-going personality and that went pretty far.

Interview Questions

• None mine was very conversational. Maybe the only formal question was "Why Nick"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's standard all across the board.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nickelodeon.

Interview

My hiring process took about a month. This included my interview and background check. I had two interviews, one with the Manager and the other with the Vice President. The interview with the Manager lasted about 1.5 hours. We instantly clicked and were able to bounce off each other's ideas. He was very informative on the responsibilities and duties of this role. If anything I knew that this was the perfect position for me. This role was really specific and it's not the type of job where you can fake your answers. Some of the questions he asked were pretty typical : skills, communication, etc.

The second interview, which came a few days later, was about an hour. I was expecting a big, bossy and scary VP but turns out she was easy to talk to and not the least bit intimidating. If anything I think she liked that I could think on my feet. Her questions were more about where I get my inspiration from, what are other competitors/brands doing, etc. After my interview she gave me an assignment. I was to complete this and follow up with her.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a company/brand with a successful marketing campaign. And why?   Answer Question

Advertising Sales Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interview

Was very disappointed in the interview and felt misled.

I have more than enough qualification/experience for this role in administration, scheduling, managing calendars, creating powerpoint presentation decks for initial and secondary meetings with clients, and on top of that I have great marketing and sales experience.

The interviewer then proceeded to tell me the role was strictly administrative - what?

She said that she's looking for a candidate who has scheduled meetings, managed calendars and created powerpoint presentations and is familiar with the family/children industry.

Still, I have more than enough qualification, just no particular experience in the industry.

Why don't you just hire internally and not waste my time.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Seems like the interviewer was not listening to my responses.

First of all, the role should be called administrative assistant.

Secondly, if that's the case did you not see my resume?

The interviewer was not knowledgeable about the ad sales or marketing - she was solely focused on hearing administrative duties.

1 Answer

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nickelodeon.

Interview

I applied online and a few hours later college relations contacted me to set me up with my supervisor for an interview. I went to the office for a 1 on 1 interview. We mainly discussed what tasks I would be doing as an intern and my past experiences. Two days later I was phoned by my college relations assistant informing me about an offer.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nickelodeon.

Interview

First I interviewed with the current Executive Assistant. Basic interview - she asked me about my prior work experience, why I wanted to work at Nick, etc. Then I was called back to meet with the SVPs who I would be assisting.

Interview Questions

• What I thought about the rapidly changing media landscape / and other thoughtful questions about digital media   Answer Question

Post Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nickelodeon (Burbank, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via phone call just a couple days later. I scheduled an interview for that week, but besides that the call was very brief. I went in to meet with the post supervisor. The interview was about 20 minutes long. I was told that they needed to hire someone quickly and that they'd be making decisions by the end of the week. On Friday I received an email saying I was not selected to move forward, which I appreciated, however, when I asked for additional feedback I did not receive anything back.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends and coworkers say is your biggest strength and biggest weakness? (a standard question actually, but the friends/coworkers through me off since those are 2 different things)   Answer Question
    • Without giving away too much of our process, what do you know about audio?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nickelodeon (New York, NY).

Interview

I had an interview with College Relations, then the College Relations person put me in contact with a direct supervisor for the team CR wanted me to join. I interviewed with the supervisor 1.5 times (the first time was interrupted by something) and the person under her. It was a long process and they strung me along for awhile, but after pursuing over email / phone, eventually they did offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult work situation you were in and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nickelodeon (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

It took about one month from application to offer. It started with a preliminary phone interview with an HR director and then an in person interview with various development and current series assistants.