Nickelodeon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Producer Interview

Producer
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nickelodeon in April 2010.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interviews, pretty fast process and easy. The negotiations for salary were the most frustrating because they were very strict and would not budge at all. I would say the interviews lasted about one hour each and I got to meet various levels of management and staff. The offices were ok, not that new.

Interview Question – Questions were all relatively easy. Meeting senior management was not that intimidating. They were all very relaxed and casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation for pay was hard, they were very cheap and would not budge on the number. HR team is not that great though, not very helpful

Designer/Animator Interview

Designer/Animator
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nickelodeon in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very typical and straightforward. I emailed an art director my portfolio and they asked me to come in to interview within a week. the interview was with 3 art directors each with pretty typical questions and it ended with them telling me they'd keep me in mind for any upcoming projects. 2 months later I received a call.

Interview Question – there really wasn't a single one.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – don't be afraid to tell them what you are worth. if they want you they will pay

Development Intern Interview

Development Intern
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nickelodeon.

Interview Details – It took about one month from application to offer. It started with a preliminary phone interview with an HR director and then an in person interview with various development and current series assistants.

Interview Question – Who is our main competitor?   Answer Question

Production Intern Interview

Production Intern
Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nickelodeon in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the interns website in later 2013 and received a call a few weeks later. During the conversation, I was told details about the internship and process and was asked general questions. There were some questions specific to the studio, but most behavioral questions. My application process ended after that.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Research Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nickelodeon in January 2010.

Interview Details – Answered want-ad in trade publication. Received call for interview. Arrived at interview with direct manager, who made me wait for 1/2 hour without representing herself as the interviewer. She finished up her work, then proceeded to interview me and suggested that being a parent is not the experience they need to work at a Children's Network.

Interview Question – why are you qualified to work at a children's network?   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nickelodeon in January 2011.

Interview Details – I began as a temp in another company at Viacom. When my company was eliminated I spoke with HR and they said to look at the jobs posted and they may be able to place be elsewhere. I applied for an executive assistant position to a high level exec and was told by HR I didn't have the experience necessary and that I should set my sights lower. I disagreed and felt I had great experience so I pushed the issue a bit. The exec was willing to meet with me anyway and based on our interview, my experience, and how well they thought I would fit in with the rest of the team they offered me the position.

Interview Question – I was warned by the HR representative not to wear what I was wearing when I met the exec I hoped to assist. I thought that was unexpected and somewhat rude. In the end, I wore that outfit numerous times throughout my employment with that exec.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR offered me a salary that they said was non-negotiable. I was happy with the offer, luckily.

Intern Interview

Intern
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nickelodeon in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through the Viacom Careers website and about a month later, received a call from Nickelodeon asking me to come in for an in-person interview. I went in and interviewed with 2 of the coordinators for my position and it was about 20 minutes. They really just wanted to see if this was something I really wanted to do and if I had the right background and prior experience to fit the job.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult, they asked the standard "what makes you interested in this," "what have you done at your past internships," "Why do you want this?" and "What do you want to get out of this internship?"   Answer Question

Production Intern Interview

Production Intern

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nickelodeon.

Interview Details – Application was simple - cover letter and resume emailed in. Got a screening call from an HR intern first, then had a group Skype interview with the show's crew a couple weeks later. The interview was standard questions with a few directed to find out more about my personality - likes, dislikes, that sort of thing.

The main issue I have with Nick is their lack of follow-up. They promised to let me know either way if I got the internship, but they didn't. And it's not the first time. I've talked to a lot of other students now who were told the same thing and never heard anything as well, even after making it to the last step.

Interview Question – Who is your personal hero?   Answer Question

Editorial Intern Interview

Editorial Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nickelodeon.

Interview Details – There are only three steps: If you pass your interview with an HR representative, an interview is scheduled with a staff member from Nick. Your interviewer will also give you an edit test with a deadline, and after you submit that, the interviewer will meet with the rest of the editorial team to decide if you're fit (based on your interview, resume and edit test). results).

Interview Question – N/A (questions were simple and straightforward) Ex. Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Publicity Manager Interview

Publicity Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Nickelodeon in April 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted a résumé in February and heard back in April to schedule a phone interview, then an in person interview. The in person went well and I met with the director, as well as two team members. We had a productive conversation and I was told I would 100% be brought in for more meetings. My follow up emails were ignored until the middle of June when I received a note to another follow up that said, "We have identified final candidates who are now going through the last of the interview process. I will be in touch if anything changes. Please continue to view our Viacom Careers website for future opportunities."

Interview Question – Questions were very standard.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nickelodeon

Worked for Nickelodeon? Contribute to the Community!