Nicor Interview Questions

2.4

BUSINESS SYSTEMS SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Nicor in January 2011.

1. HR Screen 2. Technical Interview 3. In office interview...

No negotiation....

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nicor in December 2012.

You take an assessment, the a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    there is no room to negotiate-this is an entry level sale position.

Reader Meter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nicor in October 2011.

First you go to your local Nicor location and you get interview by the manager of said location. I was competing against 4 other candidates. I was the last one being interviewed, and it took roughly 45 minutes. I had the 2nd interview at Nicor headquarters. I was 19 at the time and it was intimidating. I think I did well, but I will admit i was intimidated by the other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are very straight forward. The HR guy compared me to his son, which I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing...   View Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nicor in August 2010.

First had a phone interview and then met with a few people from the department in a face to face. The culture seemed laid back and the interview process was easy going. Be prepared for specific common accounting questions. The Naperville office has 7 floors and some people were very dressed up while others were casual. I now know that is due to some being management and others being Union.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate however I have heard that salary is pretty tough to change. I have also heard that some people were successful with asking for more starting vacation and personal time then what is listed.

Support Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nicor.

3 interviews over a period of 2 months, got a call confirming employment and an offer letter was mailed

Interview Questions
    • there was none, simple questions and technical interview   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nicor in December 2011.

interviewed with recruiter on the phone and in person. Submitted to Nicor who sets up a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between a business requirement and a functional requirement?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through the steps of resource leveling in MS Project.   Answer Question

Worked for Nicor? Contribute to the Community!