Nielsen

Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

The process took a while. After my initial application, I was contacted by a recruiter in HR a day later to set up a phone interview for later that week. I gave her times I was available, but never heard back from her. She then called me on a Thursday night and asked if I was free to talk then. I wasn't and I asked her if we could do it the next day. I then had a 10 minute phone "interview" (if you can even call it that) with the HR person. At the end of that, she told me that I would have to complete an assessment test.

The assessment test took about an hour and consisted of many behavioral questions and 10 logic/math questions. The behavioral questions are meant to trick you into contradicting yourself if you aren't being honest. The logic questions weren't too hard. The one question I remember is there are 8 seats at a round table and they give you a bunch of different parameters (John won't sit next to Fred or in the bottom seat). It then asks you where everyone is sitting. After completion of the assessment test, I emailed the HR person and she set up a 1 on 1 interview with the Hiring manager.

Setting up the time for this interview was difficult. The HR person was non responsive and incompetent. I specifically said I was available in the afternoon and she set up a 9 am interview for me.

The interview was fairly straight forward. She asked me about a time when I was analytical. After that interview, I was set up to meet with an associate client director. I had a phone interview with that person a week later. Again, that was a fairly straight forward interview.

After that interview, I didn't hear from anyone for a month. Finally they got back to me, after a couple of emails asking to follow up, and asked to schedule a phone call with the hiring manager I met in person. The phone call lasted less than a minute and I was told they were offering the position to someone else... with more experience.

Overall everyone was nice and the interviews weren't too bad. The part that was bad was the communication... or lack there of. The only reason I am giving this a negative review is because They left me hanging for too long.

Interview Questions
  • Who would you market Coke, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero to?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

First interview with Hr, about 20 minutes
    Test/assessment, about 45 minutes
    Second interview with a senior manager, about 1 hour
    Third interview on site with 3 people, each 45 minutes, back to back

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

Typically, phone interview, then next steps would be to complete an online assessment. Afterwards, if deemed a potential candidate, brought in for face-to-face interviews. Key to success for this role, are to have excellent knowledge of excel and statistical models for solving problems. Basic understanding of regression is useful.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation, when you used regression analysis to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

University recruitment
    Applied through career site and heard back in a couple of weeks. Had to do a difficult logic test (most of the difficulty stemmed from time constraints)
    After completing the test, i was asked to schedule and interview.
    The interview had some behavioral questions and some mini case questions. Also asked specifics about my coursework, including what i learned in various courses from previous years.

Interview Questions
    • Youre pepsi and you want to be sold in whole foods. What do you do to make this happen? How do you sell yourself to whole foods?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

interviewed at Nielsen in September 2014.

standard 30 minute phone interview and then was asked to take an assessment. Took assessment and sent a follow up email a week later and never heard from them. I didn't like that there was no correspondence after the assessment. Whether i was moving on to next step or not, i would have liked to know. Bad business practice. I can only imagine what it would be like working there if this is how Nielsen does things.

Interview Questions
    • question about why i would explain a drop in yogurt sales   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

There is behavior and analytical test before you even get a chance to speak to someone. You have to be open for multitasking and following rules in your behavior test and good analytical thinking for the other part. You will talk to 2-3 people among which will be the hiring manager unless you are interviewed at a college event where it will be all random.The questionnaire's are standard but hiring managers always throw softballs at you that might be tricky.

Interview Questions
    Recruiter calls you with the offer. I asked for higher pay and they increased by $2k.

Analyst Interview

The first round was a phone interview which was a general rundown of your resume. Then, the onsite interview involved 4+ individual interviews. Each person was from a different team/category (ie: pharma, CPG). Again, this was going through your resume. They spoke to what their specific did. Questions were about why you are interested in the position. The last stage of the process involved analyzing a data set and creating a presentation of findings and recommendations.

Interview Questions
    • The analytical project was difficult in that I didn't have prior experience with the TV industry specifically so the data and terms were unfamiliar.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nielsen.

Typical for Nielsen from what I understand: phone screening by a recruiter, invitation for a first interview on site. Met with two analysts, both very nice. The analytical assessment, which you can learn plenty about here, is absolutely ridiculous. I have an MA in a quantitative discipline and I would not have been able to answer most of the questions if I had not found some of them here. The last time I answered a Venn diagram question was in high school.

I'm going to withdraw from the process, as I am not interested in the job. But honestly, even if I were interested, I am not sure I'd want to work for a company that uses such a pointless screening exam.

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen.

The interview process was long and involved many calls back and forth to the HR Recruiter. The interviews were weeks apart, I thought I would never hear from them again, then the next call came. The recruiter quit in the middle of my interviewing process and I had to call and ask why the process stalled.

Interview Questions

I had a bad feeling about the company because the onboarding process was too long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

Standard initial call with the representative from HR. More concerned with seeing if you can carry on a intelligent conversation than seeing if you are qualified for the position.

Then, an assessment test was scheduled. The test covered some basic math skills/GRE type questions. I would recommend reviewing similar type questions before taking the test.

The process after that was actually relatively painless. It was a 3 hour interview--3 interviews with 3 people spanning from manager to director.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate but it could have been worthwhile to try. Just depends on how confident you are in getting the position.