Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The process starts with the HR person calling u and fixing a date and time for the aptitude test.. Entire process has 3 stages.. 1st is aptitude which is difficult. It is split into three parts with a case study included .. If u clear u are called for HR interview and then technical interview..

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

30 min phone interview with HR. I was asked to take test online. 2 days after I took the test, they moved me to next telephone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted 1 hour and all the questions were about regression and SAS. Then I got invited to 6 hour onsite interview. Talked to 5 directors. All the questions were about modeling in SAS. No behavioral questions. I completely enjoyed the interview. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about modeling in SAS. what are the advantages or disadvantages of using proc sql over data step to merge two data sets? Asked me to explain my projects I listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Markham, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

I had to complete an Analytical Assessment test. It was timed and very difficult. only 3 minutes per question. Long word problems that took about a minute to understand. Some basic profit, accounting type questions. Other IQ type questions.

Interview Questions

• I had one interview with the main recruiter. All of her questions were behaviour type questions. Some questions were: What would your managers say about you? What are your strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Took a month after I applied before I heard back that I got an interview. There was a logic based test before the interview and then a one on one sit down with an HR representative

Interview Questions

• Went through my resume and asked a question or two about each role   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the company website. Got an email to set up a phone screen with HR. Quick 30 min. HR screen that is standard among most companies. Discussed responsibilities of the position, client you'd be working with and your qualifications. This led to an online analytical assessment. Not very difficult, similar to quantitative GMAT questions. Called an email a few days later to set up phone interview with the hiring manager. Discussed role and resume/experience more in depth. A few days later got an email from HR about setting up a date to fly out to meet with the team (I was applying from out of state). Met with client director, SVP, client manager and associate client manager. All interviews were conversational, no unexpected questions. It was a very comfortable, laid back interview which I extremely enjoyed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Wilton, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

First was HR contacted me and I had a brief HR screening interview. After the interview I was told that I would need to take an online assessment. The online assessment was basic math questions, personality questions and a few profit/loss questions. After the test, received feedback and was scheduled to speak to one of the managers. Interview was a mix of market sizing questions, marketing concept questions and behavioral questions. Final round was an onsite interview with one manager and two vp's. For the most part of it was a conversation.

Interview Questions

• How many slices of Pizza are eaten in your school every year? What factors affect forecasted sales volume. Tell me about a time you worked on an analytical project. Various promotional strategies. What factors should you consider when launching a new product? One cake brainteaser questions that's been repeated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very flexible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple process. Went through 4 different interviews which escalated from a manager to a VP who all asked simple questions about my experience and also skills. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. They made it pretty clear that fitting into the team was a huge part of their hiring process and that they cared a lot about how someone would perform within the existing environment. After each interview, interviewee scheduled the next one a couple of days away. This was nice since it was a sign that I was doing well on each previous one.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through career services and had an interview on campus. Interview lasted 45 minutes with one person, be prepared with a lot of questions because she gave me a good 10 minutes to ask questions!!

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions in the beginning, why I wanted to work there, and 3 case questions. The case questions were 1) M&M's has released a premium m&m product at a high price, but has seen slow sales. What would you tell your retailers in order for them to let you keep the product in stores? 2) On average, how would you go about figuring out how many student ride the campus bus in a given week. 3) Coke is thinking about releasing a craft beer in the market. What kind of data/statistics/research should they do before releasing it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

3.5 hours total. Lunch from 12-1pm where you speak to an employee and can ask questions/have a general conversation. 1-2:30, speak to 3 different people for 30 minutes each where they ask you basic behavioral and market sizing questions. Lunch was great and really helpful, helped me relax. Talking to the three different interviewers were fairly easy but the market sizing questions, I was not prepared for.

Interview Questions

• How many miles are run on a treadmill on a day in February?   Answer Question
    • How many students ride the campus bus in a day? Assuming student population of 25,000   Answer Question
    • If you had a client with a premium product on the shelf at a retailer store that was not being successful, how would you convince the retailer owner to keep the product on the shelf?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied directly through the Nielsen website. Got an email requesting a phone call a couple weeks later. Scheduled that interview very quickly, within a few days. Pretty standard questions on that phone call. Past work experience, why Nielsen, why this positions, salary requests, etc. After that, they moved pretty quickly to having me take the online behavioral and analytical assessment. The behavioral are your normal "strongly disagree/strongly agree with this statement" questions. The analytical section runs through problems in the format of "Judy arrived to lunch at 12:00 PM. Alan arrived after Judy but before Tricia. Tricia arrived at 1:00 PM. Could Alan have arrived after Tricia?". You'll get 3 minutes for each question. Having successfully passed those tests, I was asked to come in the following week to meet with three VPs. Mostly conversational interviews, but be ready for their curveball questions. Each interviewer will have one. Know how to answer questions like "How many manhole covers are there in Manhattan?".