Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2015

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

There is behavior and analytical test before you even get a chance to speak to someone. You have to be open for multitasking and following rules in your behavior test and good analytical thinking for the other part. You will talk to 2-3 people among which will be the hiring manager unless you are interviewed at a college event where it will be all random.The questionnaire's are standard but hiring managers always throw softballs at you that might be tricky.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter calls you with the offer. I asked for higher pay and they increased by $2k.

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round was a phone interview which was a general rundown of your resume. Then, the onsite interview involved 4+ individual interviews. Each person was from a different team/category (ie: pharma, CPG). Again, this was going through your resume. They spoke to what their specific did. Questions were about why you are interested in the position. The last stage of the process involved analyzing a data set and creating a presentation of findings and recommendations.

Interview Questions

• The analytical project was difficult in that I didn't have prior experience with the TV industry specifically so the data and terms were unfamiliar.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Typical for Nielsen from what I understand: phone screening by a recruiter, invitation for a first interview on site. Met with two analysts, both very nice. The analytical assessment, which you can learn plenty about here, is absolutely ridiculous. I have an MA in a quantitative discipline and I would not have been able to answer most of the questions if I had not found some of them here. The last time I answered a Venn diagram question was in high school.

I'm going to withdraw from the process, as I am not interested in the job. But honestly, even if I were interested, I am not sure I'd want to work for a company that uses such a pointless screening exam.

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen (Oldsmar, FL).

Interview

The interview process was long and involved many calls back and forth to the HR Recruiter. The interviews were weeks apart, I thought I would never hear from them again, then the next call came. The recruiter quit in the middle of my interviewing process and I had to call and ask why the process stalled.

Interview Questions

I had a bad feeling about the company because the onboarding process was too long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Standard initial call with the representative from HR. More concerned with seeing if you can carry on a intelligent conversation than seeing if you are qualified for the position.

Then, an assessment test was scheduled. The test covered some basic math skills/GRE type questions. I would recommend reviewing similar type questions before taking the test.

The process after that was actually relatively painless. It was a 3 hour interview--3 interviews with 3 people spanning from manager to director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but it could have been worthwhile to try. Just depends on how confident you are in getting the position.

Analyst Interview

Interview

The interviewers are always manager level or higher. They ask a mix of behavioral questions and simple case questions (market sizing, marketing strategy, etc.). There are 3 rounds of interviews. First is a test, second is one interview and third is 3 interviews in a row. The interviewers really put you at ease and just want to get to know you and see how well you will fit with the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter says they do not negotiate salary

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Had a first round interview and the recruiter was very personable. No tricky or technical questions, but rather just asking about personal experiences and background education.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a challenge and how you worked through it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The first interview was a telephone interview with HR. The discussion was based on my market research experience. If you are able to have an intelligent conversation about your experience, you are offered the opportunity to take an assessment. The assessment tests your reasoning skills and some workplace behavior. If you do well you are interviewed by a department executive.

Interview Questions

• Allowed only 3 minutes per reasoning question   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

After resume screening, you will be given a straightforward assessment of math/statistical knowledge, that also includes a condensed case study and a writing sample. Interview questions themselves were mostly behavioral, with some business-issue related questions here and there. Relatively relaxed, but still professional environment.

Interview Questions

• No non-standard behavioral interview questions came up during my interview process. What's an example of a time you worked on a dysfunctional team and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real chance to negotiate for the position I was offered.

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

interviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

4 round in total. Phone interview with HR, basic behavior questions. Then online test, which is extremely challenging. Third round is still phone interview but with a director. Both behavior and technical questions were asked. Last round would be in their office. I am still waiting for the last round. On general, the interviewers are all very nice.