Nielsen

Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)
Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen in March 2014.

apti was easy,consisted of easy maths,english and case study.concentrate on maths.no logical reasoning.,but maybe they will change pattern next year..8 people were shortlsted out of 35.
The next was a technical interview process was long..u have to express ur ideas clearly.
if selected there was an HR round
again another technical.

Interview Questions
  • the quesns on stats were not difficult..the main thing is u need to convince ur interviewer..understand what he/she wants as an ans.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nielsen in March 2014.

The interview process was fast, I received a request for a phone interview and after an in person interview. Both interviews took approximately 30 minutes each and the questions weren't too difficult. It was pleasant and all staff I encountered were friendly. All in all, I'd say my experience with the interview and hiring process at Nielsen is great and was a good forecast on the future work experience.

Interview Questions
    No room to negotiate as I was content with offer.

Analyst Interview

The hiring and interview process wasn't very difficult, it was the standard online application followed by a phone interview with the HR and a manager. After came an ability test that was emailed, if you passed that they would ask to come in for an in-house numerical exam. After this numerical exam was a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult questions, just be well prepared and you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in February 2014.

Met an HR rep at a university fair, email contact and filled out an online assesment, followed by an in person HR interview with typical HR questions (strengths, experience, education) and manager interview more related to the role.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward, typical interview questions (strengths, experience, education) and some logic questions (similar to GMAT) - practice logic tests can be found online   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nielsen.

I applied online, received an interview with HR, followed by a quantitative test. The quant test was fairly easy to complete. I got called back for in-person interview with 2 managers, with case studies to complete. It was a very efficient interview process. Questions were not out of the ordinary.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nielsen.

they said there would be a test (some calculation) and a group interview for the first round interview. But after i finished my test, they just sent us go without looking at the test, saying they will notify us on further interview, based on the test result.

Interview Questions
    • No group interview, though they said there were. I assumed they have decided when I was doing the test.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nielsen.

A written exam (very straightforward)
    Four rounds of interviews
    -First HR round
    -Second a technical round with Mumbai Team
    -another round with A director in Hong Kong
    - Final Round with a Director from the US team

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen in January 2013.

This company was invited to our campus Department of Operational Research,University of Delhi,Delhi.They first took a written test at their New Delhi Office.The written test comprises of 4 sections namely statistics,data interpretation,database management and mathematical programming.It was quite tough and very few qualified for it.Luckily I was one of the selected one owing to my good score in programming and database.Then we had a telephonic round which was unexpectedly our last round.It was very tricky one though,the HR was in Varodara were we about to get placed.It took 30 per candidate and they thoroughly checked candidate on different parameters giving different questions.I was asked first of all my personal info then was questions based on basic stats and analytical reasoning.They were moderate in nature.

Interview Questions
    • Guesstimate regarding number of table tennis ball in air at this time in Delhi(he raised this question as I am Table Tennis player).   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Sent off resume, received phone interview, eventually called in for face to face interview and assessment. Assessment was fairly easy. Got email for next step interview soon

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen.

Was contacted through campus, first had to go through a preliminary quantitative written exam prior to an interview, got through first round interview, and was told that they were looking to hire other people.
    The quantitative exam was fairly easy, and was a lot of weighted averages and the like. It did involve two written portions which took some time though.
    The Interview was almost entirely behavioural.