Nielsen Associate Client Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen (Bentonville, AR).

Interview

1) interviewed with HR manager- mostly previous experience & background discussed 2) had to take a really difficult math test. Lots of open ended word problems and multiple choice questions. Also had to take several personality tests. 3) interviewed with directors within the company, then was given 30 minutes to review a deck of information & then had to give a presentation to a group on whether or not I would recommend going into that category of business based on the information in the deck and asked how would I spend marketing money on promoting the product.

Interview Questions

• How would you use Homescan and Spectra data?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fair

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

A call with a recruiter and then an on-site interview with two people. Generally talked about my previous experience. There weren't specific questions that stood out. Engaging interview process - developed an interesting discussion during the interview :)

Associate Client Manager Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR very brief. Second round interview with hiring manger. Typical behavioral questions. Very detailed on what the position entailed. HR manager very heloing in explaining position.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Alexandria, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

After the initial phone screen I spoke with 3 separate managers over the phone and then had to complete and present a case study to them. I was then moved forward to interview with the client. That interview was in front of a panel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview first with the recruiter which is the basic HR phone interview. Then got to meet with the hiring manager, the HR business person (separate from the recruiter) and the director. Once i was basically selected (not officially) I had to take an assessment that is similar to the GMAT in terms of questions and difficulty. That was probably the hardest part.

Interview Questions

• Lots of problem solving to gauge your ability to analyze a situation and provide a solution. For example, Company A is looking to introduce a new detergent product. What information would you utilize to provide product recommendations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate to the salary level that I was looking for. I was able to leverage Glassdoor to identify what would work for me and the HR recruiter. My advice - never give out salary information to HR recruiters, if you didn't already know that then you have larger issues.

Associate Client Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then two days later was contacted via email by HR to set up a 30 minute phone interview the following week. After the interview, I was sent a link to take the online candidate assessment, which I completed within the given timeframe. A few days passed and I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with the client director. A week later, I had phone interviews with two additional team members, including my manager. Once that was completed (now a month since I was originally contacted), HR said an in-person interview was to be scheduled in the following 1-2 weeks, but was delayed by a month. However, once I did complete the in-person interview with four people on the team plus the client, I received an offer the following day. Overall I had a good experience except for the nail-biting month-long wait after the phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• The online assessment was the most difficult part for me. I felt the interview questions were average for the position (ie. If a client came to you asking why a product was not performing well, what avenues would you explore to assess the cause?).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nielsen (Bentonville, AR).

Interview

Original phone interview was given within a few days of their receipt of my application. While I expected the initial interview to be more about soft skills and matching me with the company, it instead focused almost entirely on analytics and my abilities with manipulating data. Following the interview, I was given an assessment, comprised of several parts, including a Myers-Briggs section and an logical reasoning section.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter was very persistent in identifying my experience with pivot tables specifically, to the point where 1/3rd of the interview was spent on that facet alone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Albany, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I was underwhelmed by both Nielsen and their client. The recruiter couldn't answer my questions, mainly directions to the client's new headquarters. I did arrive a head of the appointed time at the client's new HQ offices to take the 90 minute assessment test. In order to proceed, I needed to hand over my license so the client could make me guest pass. Now the client has some very personal information of mine. I was never informed by Nielsen or their client that I would have to surrender by license. Had I not been so focused on taking the test, I would have rescinded my candidacy. While taking the exam, the client put some another's candidate's resume in with my exam.

Interview Questions

• While prepping for the test, practice GMAT or MCAT exams with out choices. Word problems are openended.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Atlanta, GA) in November 2010.

Interview

You have an initial phone screening- this is very basic. Then you go into an Nielsen office to take a written test. This test has logic- based questions you have to solve in 90 minutes. There is a multiple choice section and then a couple of questions where you offer written responses. If you 'pass' that test, you head in to interview with the team and possibly the client.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were a breeze...the test before that does require some thinking. In retrospect, the questions are pretty well suited for isolating candidates that can think in the way that is needed to be successful in the professional services roles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty easy for me- I had the upper hand because they were close to their contracted time frame for hiring in someone to fill the vacant spot.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I received an e-mail shortly after applying on-line for a position. The recruiter planned a time for a screening call and contacted me shortly within the time they mentioned. I was thrown off by the intensity of the questions as I had not anticipated it to be as serious and the recruiter seemed way more friendly through e-mail interaction. I felt I tripped up a lot despite preparing Nevertheless less I was asked to take the analytical assessment, which consists of 10 mathematical questions (similar to gre/ gmat questions), writing sample, and case study.