Nielsen Business Media

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Interviewer Interview

Research Interviewer
Radcliff, KY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nielsen Business Media in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call within a few weeks. They asked questions about previous employment over the phone and then asked me to come in for a personal interview. Once there they had me do some remedial critical thinking and logic exercises on the computer. Afterwards it was casual chat followed by an immediate hiring.

Very Easy Interview

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nielsen Business Media in February 2010.

Interview Details – Received a call the day after sending resume. Had interview 2 days later. Initially met with human resources, who in turn sent me to the person who would be my boss. I was then sent to the VP of the department to mee,t and discuss my background and the position.

Interview Question – What one thing have you done at your last job that furthered the direction of the company?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

Interviewed at Nielsen Business Media

Interview Details – it was an organized process broken into tiers

Interview Question – questions were easy going . had to do with working under pressure and certain situations   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

National Sales Manager Interview

National Sales Manager
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Nielsen Business Media in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was an exhibitor with the company for eight years prior to being offered a job, so I already knew all the key players and the interview was a formality to accepting a job offer. I was asked to come to the corporate office to interview with the show director, then I had two additional interviews with other show directors, was given a brief highlight of duties and responsibilities, then emailed a job offer within two days of the interview process. it IS who you know.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions during the entire interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation was allowed.

Assistant Editor Interview

Assistant Editor
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nielsen Business Media in April 2007.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter, who asked me to fill out an online application. (I had already applied through a standard job site, but the company wanted this for their records.) I then was contacted for an interview, and set it up through the recruiter. I met with the magazine's editor, publisher, associate publisher, and managing editor on three separate days. The interview process was straight-forward, yet thorough, and those particular people were pleasant. On my last interview I completed an editing test. The recruiter then called me back and offered me the job and we had a couple additional phone calls to negotiate the salary.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions, to be honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiation. They offered me $35,000, and I asked for $38,000. They met me halfway at $36,500.

Worked for Nielsen Business Media? Contribute to the Community!