Nielsen Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Was sent by head hunter. First round of interviews with four people from group, second round with four more, this time including hiring manager and senior vice president. The first round was a technical evaluation, second round was decision to hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

all handled by recruiter, went very smoothly

Professional Service Analytics Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was recruited through on campus recruiting. After going to the info sessions, I was then invited to an interview. Before the interview, there was a dinner event to get to know the people. The people were truly great!

Interview Questions

• How would you cut a pie into 8 pieces with three slices?   1 Answer

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and then we set up an initial phone interview/screening, which consisted of your basic behavioral questions. I was also asked to take an online assessment, which was your basic Stats/programming concepts. Then i got a call for a Face to face interview with two people. The face to face interview was onsite for about an hour. They just went through my resume and asked questions on my past experience, so nothing too unusual. Overall, a pretty standard interview experience. I was offered a position the following week.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of people watching basketball at this time.   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

IT was really good interview with great questions. I was interviewed by 4 people and it took about 2hrs. The atmosphere was reallly good. Hr Questions were pretty good about life and prospective. It also asked about conflicts at work place.

Manager Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First round was overview with HR and Resume review. Second round was logic/behavioral test online. Third round was hiring manager for 45 mins and then another round with some senior team member for one hour over phone. Final interview was onsite with senior team members. Overall very good experience. HR is very responsive to emails and keeps you updated throughout the process. Was offered a position one week after the onsite interview. Happy with what they offered. Seems the company culture is flexible.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college job board, received a math/analytical assessment from Nielsen a few days later to complete. After that, I got an email inviting me to an on-campus interview a few days later as well as an invite to the pre-night interview social the day before. Going to that was a smart choice since it allowed me to meet with my interviewer beforehand. On-campus interview went really well and consisted of mainly behavioral questions plus one estimation question and one case type question at the end. Within a couple days, I received a call to come into the Chicago office for a four hour final round interview. That interview consisted of three separate 45-minute sessions with different Nielsen employees, all of whom asked similar behavioral type questions -- but there was a lot of room to ask them questions as well and have conversations about Nielsen. After that, I went to lunch with a current employee, which was a great way to get to know more about the company environment in a non-professional setting. Everything at my final round interview went really well too, but I found out a week later via email I didn't receive an offer (probably my B.A. in the arts/humanities couldn't hold out on me any longer). Overall the process was pretty clear and easily navigable though.

Interview Questions

• Primarily behavioral type questions, a few analytical questions (estimation question + marketing/segmentation analysis questions)   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program: Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university career site and was contacted within 5 days that I was selected for an interview. The interview was only one round and we heard within 2 weeks.

The interview was all behavior questions. Just know your resume well and have examples ready in your answers. There were two people interviewing and both were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why Nielsen? Why the Emerging Leaders Program? Why you?
      What was a mistake you made and how did you deal with it?
      What was one project or situation that made you uncomfortable and how would you deal with it now?

Answer Question

Associate Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

A call with a recruiter and then an on-site interview with two people. Generally talked about my previous experience. There weren't specific questions that stood out. Engaging interview process - developed an interesting discussion during the interview :)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First interview with Hr, about 20 minutes
    Test/assessment, about 45 minutes
    Second interview with a senior manager, about 1 hour
    Third interview on site with 3 people, each 45 minutes, back to back

Interview Questions

• How do you control for variables?   1 Answer

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Had first round interviews on campus. Invited back for a second round interview. The second round is in Schaumburg, IL. It is a two day invitational. Had 7 interviews with senior finance leaders and human resources. Then they have you perform a group case study in which you present for 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about introducing a new product and testing the product using Nielsen's systems?   1 Answer