Nielsen Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 30, 2015

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Was sent by head hunter. First round of interviews with four people from group, second round with four more, this time including hiring manager and senior vice president. The first round was a technical evaluation, second round was decision to hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

all handled by recruiter, went very smoothly

Professional Service Analytics Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was recruited through on campus recruiting. After going to the info sessions, I was then invited to an interview. Before the interview, there was a dinner event to get to know the people. The people were truly great!

Interview Questions

• How would you cut a pie into 8 pieces with three slices?   1 Answer

Analyst - BevAl Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Nielsen (Deerfield, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Nielsen recruiter to schedule a phone interview. We set the day and time, on the interview day I waited by my phone. After 15 minutes and no call I decided to call her, no answer and left a message. After an hour, I went back to work and emailed the recruiter. She had put up an auto message that she was unexpectedly going to be out of the office that day and would return phone/email when she got back. She didn't bother to call or email me before or after. I tried to email again a few days later. No answer. Maybe she quit or got fired? I tried to get in contact with the main HR office. No luck. This was entirely way to much work I was doing for something I shouldn't be doing. I ended up signing with a rival company. I hope this experience doesn't reflect how Nielsen runs a company as a whole.

Public Development and Sustainability Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The process encompassed 2 phone interviews in addition to the online application and background check. Overall the interviews are very relaxed and allowed you to highlight your personal experience in translation to the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company and Public Development and Sustainability aspect of Nielsen?   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and then we set up an initial phone interview/screening, which consisted of your basic behavioral questions. I was also asked to take an online assessment, which was your basic Stats/programming concepts. Then i got a call for a Face to face interview with two people. The face to face interview was onsite for about an hour. They just went through my resume and asked questions on my past experience, so nothing too unusual. Overall, a pretty standard interview experience. I was offered a position the following week.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of people watching basketball at this time.   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

IT was really good interview with great questions. I was interviewed by 4 people and it took about 2hrs. The atmosphere was reallly good. Hr Questions were pretty good about life and prospective. It also asked about conflicts at work place.

Manager Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First round was overview with HR and Resume review. Second round was logic/behavioral test online. Third round was hiring manager for 45 mins and then another round with some senior team member for one hour over phone. Final interview was onsite with senior team members. Overall very good experience. HR is very responsive to emails and keeps you updated throughout the process. Was offered a position one week after the onsite interview. Happy with what they offered. Seems the company culture is flexible.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Campus interview followed by onsite interview. Prior to campus interview, you had a pre-night where you networked with existing employees and interviewers. Campus interview had 2 people. Mainly behavioral questions. 1 mini case question. 2nd interview was 3 different interviews and all behavioral.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college job board, received a math/analytical assessment from Nielsen a few days later to complete. After that, I got an email inviting me to an on-campus interview a few days later as well as an invite to the pre-night interview social the day before. Going to that was a smart choice since it allowed me to meet with my interviewer beforehand. On-campus interview went really well and consisted of mainly behavioral questions plus one estimation question and one case type question at the end. Within a couple days, I received a call to come into the Chicago office for a four hour final round interview. That interview consisted of three separate 45-minute sessions with different Nielsen employees, all of whom asked similar behavioral type questions -- but there was a lot of room to ask them questions as well and have conversations about Nielsen. After that, I went to lunch with a current employee, which was a great way to get to know more about the company environment in a non-professional setting. Everything at my final round interview went really well too, but I found out a week later via email I didn't receive an offer (probably my B.A. in the arts/humanities couldn't hold out on me any longer). Overall the process was pretty clear and easily navigable though.

Interview Questions

• Primarily behavioral type questions, a few analytical questions (estimation question + marketing/segmentation analysis questions)   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program: Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university career site and was contacted within 5 days that I was selected for an interview. The interview was only one round and we heard within 2 weeks. The interview was all behavior questions. Just know your resume well and have examples ready in your answers. There were two people interviewing and both were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why Nielsen? Why the Emerging Leaders Program? Why you? What was a mistake you made and how did you deal with it? What was one project or situation that made you uncomfortable and how would you deal with it now?   Answer Question