Nielsen Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.2

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Applied online. Was asked to complete the online assessment which was a multiple-choice questions. It was a mix of analytical questions and behavior questions(like do you multitask, how sympathetic are you to your co-workers etc.) After this, I was scheduled for an interview. It was a 45 minute interview process where I went over the resume and highlighted a couple of projects. THe interviewer asked me behavioral questions mostly. I had a lot of examples stowed away. So it was not difficult to answer them. My analytical skill was also tested. She asked me "There are 25,000 students in the campus. How many students take the university shuttle in a year". I felt that thinking out loud gave her a good idea of how I analysed the situation. The interview ended with her asking me why Nielsen. Overall, I had a pretty good experience. I have been scheduled for the final round of interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complex situation that you faced, and how you solved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied directly through the Nielsen website. Got an email requesting a phone call a couple weeks later. Scheduled that interview very quickly, within a few days. Pretty standard questions on that phone call. Past work experience, why Nielsen, why this positions, salary requests, etc. After that, they moved pretty quickly to having me take the online behavioral and analytical assessment. The behavioral are your normal "strongly disagree/strongly agree with this statement" questions. The analytical section runs through problems in the format of "Judy arrived to lunch at 12:00 PM. Alan arrived after Judy but before Tricia. Tricia arrived at 1:00 PM. Could Alan have arrived after Tricia?". You'll get 3 minutes for each question. Having successfully passed those tests, I was asked to come in the following week to meet with three VPs. Mostly conversational interviews, but be ready for their curveball questions. Each interviewer will have one. Know how to answer questions like "How many manhole covers are there in Manhattan?".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Standard initial call with the representative from HR. More concerned with seeing if you can carry on a intelligent conversation than seeing if you are qualified for the position. Then, an assessment test was scheduled. The test covered some basic math skills/GRE type questions. I would recommend reviewing similar type questions before taking the test. The process after that was actually relatively painless. It was a 3 hour interview--3 interviews with 3 people spanning from manager to director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but it could have been worthwhile to try. Just depends on how confident you are in getting the position.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a contact refer me. I applied online. Took the online test. The online test is primarily word problems and then some personality questions. Nielsen doesn't provide any practice tests. I recommend using the P&G practice test. The online test are very similar (Nielsen doesn't have the shapes relationships that P&G does).

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for a situational question. For example, Tide detergent sales are slumping and P&G asks why. What do you do?   Answer Question

Other offer that was more in line with the work I wanted to do.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. The recruiter contacted me within a few days. After a brief phone interview I was told I would be taking the Assessment Test. The test was not too difficult. The recruiter was back in contact with me to ask for a college transcript. She was told I would hear from the company as soon as the hiring manager was back from vacation in a few days. Two weeks later I received an e-mail saying they are moving forward with other applicants.

Project Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for a phone screening interview, basically just wanted to know what my current position is and what my responsibilities were. They asked about your current wage, what you expect to make, and what you know about the company. After that they submit your resume to the HR department at Nielsen and if everything goes well, you have an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Assess a recent advertisement you saw that appealed to a group that is atypical?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

After application, it was 2-3 weeks before hearing back from the team lead (not HR, for which I was glad) about setting up a phone interview. We set one up and discussed my background, resume, education, and general interview stuff: how do you prefer to think, etc. At the conclusion, the interviewer said he would like to set up another phone interview with another member of the team, and I sent available times. The second interview was more focused on the company itself, and what the particular development team (the one I would be joining) did. Another two or so weeks passed before I received a message from the team lead, saying I'd moved forward to the written analytical test. It was sent to me by email on a mutually discussed and agreed-upon date/time, and I completed it at home, scanned my on-paper answers into a PDF, and sent it back to him. In a few days, I was informed I'd moved to the in-person interview. The in-person interview was three parts, and each involved interviews with members of the team (again, I was thankful for minimal HR intrusion). One interviewer was the team lead again, with a mix of analytical and "soft skills" questions. The second was more technical and mathematical, getting further into the statistical and calculus elements of the position. The third was mostly personality- and behavior-based in the questioning. I was told I'd hear back within two weeks, and I did. The interview was a Friday; I heard back in 13 days precisely. Unfortunately, I was not selected, but it was a very nice process overall. I even inquired to the team lead if there was anything in particular that made the chosen candidate, and he was kind enough to tell me what made the difference.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was a technical one involving the use of functionals. I can't remember the precise wording.   Answer Question

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Talked to HR rep on two seperate occasions. Never directly to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• There were no trick questions. All were expected and required.   Answer Question

Position required relocation.

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

After I applied there was a phone interview followed up by a couple in person interviews. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. Mostly getting familiar with the job and asking me the normal questions.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nielsen (Covington, KY) in November 2011.

Interview

Had a first round interview on campus with the recruiter. Mostly behavioral questions and a relaxed environment. I then had to take a short test. I believe it was 10 quantitative questions and 2 case questions. I went on to a second round interview in Covington, KY. I met first with a recently hired analyst and then had three back-to-back interviews with upper management, each one lasting 45 minutes. All the questions were behavioral. All in all it was not a bad interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were criticized for your performance. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you worked in a group setting and did not see eye to eye with one of your teammates.   Answer Question