Nielsen Client Manager Interview Questions

Client Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in December 2009.

Interview

Tough math test to pass, and not sure it is applicable for the job. Interesting company to work for, however, I'm not sure I would recommend it to others considering applying there. Lots of opportunity to move around if you are willing to move to different areas of the country.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a representative of our company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nielsen (Covington, KY) in May 2011.

Interview

This was the very first round by HR. Very simple situational questions about handling a cpg clients business question. She mentioned next wud have been an analytical round on site. Went well but the compensation pkg seemed low compared to my current place of work.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a cpg increase presence on a retailers shelf?   Answer Question

Client Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen in November 2011.

Interview

I submitted several applications to Client Manager positions in several locations, and got called by HR representatives for initial screen interviews for 3 of them (over a period of a few weeks). The first arranged for a written test at a nearby Nielsen location, which I learnt I passed after checking on the applicant website. There was a bit of a delay thereafter - it turned out that particular client couldn't decide how they wanted to proceed, or had some issues with my background.
    In the interim, I was contacted by the other two recruiters, one of whom set up a hiring manager interview for me. After I had made non-cancellable travel arrangements, they decided to make it a phone interview, but relented when I explained the situation. At the interview it became clear though that I didn't have much of a shot, because the hiring manager was looking for someone with more experience in using Nielsen products.
    My impression was that the hiring managers were looking for a 100% candidates, while the recruiters were much more adept at spotting longer-term potential. Everyone was very professional, and at least one of the recruiters seemed to go out of her way to be my advocate.

Interview Questions

• There was a mini-case question in which an interviewer presented a sketch retail shelf space situation, and asked for my hypotheses on possible causes and solutions.   Answer Question

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nielsen (Bucharest (Romania)) in February 2009.

Interview

2 interviews 1with HR, 1with HR, direct manager, senior management to present an analysis prepared by the candidate for at least 1 week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very open

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online; 2 weeks later HR did a phone interview with me. I was sent the assessment test and then talked with the hiring manager. The interview itself was almost combative in nature which surprised me. Two weeks after that, HR let me know they went in a different direction.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to my open position instead of BASES where your most recent experience lies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nielsen (Racine, WI) in December 2013.

Interview

The overall interview process was fabulous. I interviewed in three days for the current position that I am in, and did not have to come back multiple times. The VP of the area went over the job in great detail, and she was able to answer any and all questions that I had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was short and easy

Client Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Online application form (on Taleo) forces you to enter a precise figure for desired salary instead of a range, which doesn't make sense. HR contact didn't seem to understand the job requirements, and it was clear they were just HR people who didn't have experience doing the work that Nielsen does.

Interview Questions

• Not sure it makes sense to go into detail here, because the field-based managers ask whatever they want -- they don't receive very much direction, so there is no standard set of questions. Maybe there is at HQ, but not in the field.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing unusual, yes I could negotiate